• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shit new James Bond game announced

Kikorin

Doesn't even look too bad for a mobile game.

Sure it doesn't looks like the GOAT:

uw87w7r.jpg

Last edited:

Montauk

Looks perfectly fine. It’s a mobile game. Don’t understand what is noticeably ‘shitty’ about it.

Is it just that it’s not a AAA, 200m dollar, third person over the shoulder, story driven, ‘cinematic’ game with photorealistic faces and very thin gameplay you can all argue over until the end of time?

Is that the problem?

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Is it just that it’s not a AAA, 200m dollar, third person over the shoulder, story driven, ‘cinematic’ game with photorealistic faces and very thin gameplay you can all argue over until the end of time?

Is that the problem?

Considering none of my favorite games are AAA, 200m dollar, third person over the shoulder, story driven, ‘cinematic’ game with photorealistic faces and very thin gameplay I'll say no.

Montauk

Considering none of my favorite games are AAA, 200m dollar, third person over the shoulder, story driven, ‘cinematic’ game with photorealistic faces and very thin gameplay I'll say no.

So what looks shitty here? Looks like an ambitious mobile game.

Sorcerer

Interesting that different ad's allude to different Bond's.
I have seen Connery, Lazenby and Brosnan so far.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

image-(860).png

If it wasn't for defeat iconic 007 villains on the bottom, I would just assume this is one of the shitty playstore games with keyword titles like Crime City Boss Syndicate 2: Cartel Rising

The ingame graphics are using the fortnite-lite style because when anyone thinks of James Bond, they think of Happy Meal toys. That's as bland as you can get.

It's coming to Apple Arcade, the home of crap 'games'.

It's just been announced but will release in under a month.

I hope people enjoy the game, but I think it's shit and I think a lot of people will too. Bond is closely associated with solid AA games, some may have dipped massively in quality, but overall on the game front Bond is solid AA tier.
This is just low effort crap.

Compared with John Wick Hex that looks kinda alright. While that game had other problems too, the jarring art style was a major what were they thinking element for me.
Hardly big budget, but not every game needs high costs and endless creadit to be fun.

Trunx81

That Bond looks like a mix of 70% Lazenby and 30% Connery. Oh, well, I think we´ve got all the time in the world.

Doesn't even look too bad for a mobile game.

Sure it doesn't looks like the GOAT:

uw87w7r.jpg

This and Everything or Nothing is just peak Bond in videogames.

images

To even think that IO Interactive are going to absolutely destroy these 2 and take the crown with their new game, is honestly giving me chills.

Always thought the new Hitman: World of Assassination games were the perfect Bond games. Just have a character/palette swap for 47 as Bond, and there it is.

StueyDuck

Thought this was some sort of reveal, OP got me

Been replaying hitman 1-3 levels recently and man, IO are masters of the craft. Love these games.
it's probably my most Hyped "unannounced" game currently, taking that hitman formula but making it more action oriented, maybe even something crazy with vehicles, i am genuinely excited to see what they produce.

I just hope they are given the same freedoms they had with the new Hitman Trilogy.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wait, why is this “shit”? Honestly looks half decent for a mobile game.

Top Bottom