• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking Gaming Confessions: The thread

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Timesplitters 3: Future Perfect is my most played game
In the last 2 days... :(
I'll admit... It was the 60fps that got me.

Ranger X

deadairis said:
By the end of the QA process, I was actually really into the Shadow the Hedgehog final boss fight.
I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry. I can't spare you from death penalty here because i would lose my credibility as the judge. I hope you can understand this.

Never owned a Metal Gear Solid game.

I have played it, I just need to hunt down a GCN copy of the first one and maybe an Xbox copy of the second one

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Himuro said:
I'm just going to admit now that I hate retro.

I don't like how a lot of people deem some of these really old, and really crappy games to be good just because they are 1. 2d, and 2. fogging people's nostalgia goggles. It's even worse with the 32 bit era, because a lot of that stuff is virtually unplayable and yet people seem to cling on to it for the sake of nostalgia.

Yeah.

for a second i thought you were talking about my beloved makers of metroid prime.
and i was sharpening my axe.

Bartman3010 said:
Never owned a Metal Gear Solid game.

I have played it, I just need to hunt down a GCN copy of the first one and maybe an Xbox copy of the second one

This is not a great way to own Metal Gear Solid games.

I beat Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 and the dungeon mode in Ehrgeiz.

I used a game genie to play through bomberman 1 for the NES (the single most boring act of my gaming life).

meppi

Himuro said:
I'm just going to admit now that I hate retro.

I don't like how a lot of people deem some of these really old, and really crappy games to be good just because they are 1. 2d, and 2. fogging people's nostalgia goggles. It's even worse with the 32 bit era, because a lot of that stuff is virtually unplayable and yet people seem to cling on to it for the sake of nostalgia.

Yeah.
Just remember that some guys still play these games all the time and not just glorify them just to sound "hardcore" or whatever. ;)

Then again, not everyone can have the same taste. Would be very boring if they did.

Zalasta

I used to buy games to collect them, not to actually play them (such as the Lunar stuff from Working Designs).

I've grown to dislike titles that became too mainstream, even if I have enjoyed them in the past and would recommend them to friends.

I don't like to replay RPG, newgame+ feature has no appeal to me.

I love SRPG and consider myself to be pretty good, but it took me forever to beat Ring of Red, and I really think Nippon Ichi titles are worthless time sinks.

I enjoyed Dynasty Tactics, even if it's not that deep and it look terrible.

wave-E

Banned
In Code Veronica, I put the fire extinguisher in the holding box in front of the metal detector on the island as a quick inventory cure. 'Twas still there when I needed it in Antarctica.

Restarted, did the same thing, failed to recover it before leaving for Antarctica.

Have yet to finish that game.

sonarrat said:
I finished Chocobo Racing. I had fun, too.

I love Chocobo Racing, more than any other kart-style title out there. The story mode is both at once cute and an excellent tutorial, I love the strategy of spell charging, and, of course, those fantastic Final Fantasy music arrangements. (FF5's Ending Theme/New Origin "Mysidia's Sky Garden/Floating Garden" for the absolute win!)

Neo_Dasus

I'll be honest with you all...I emulate the hell out of everything, except games that will provide me with over 200+ hours of entertainment.

Example: Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Brothers, etc.

Also, I've never played a PSP game in my life.

(There was this one time I played one with Chris_Michael at a local Gamestop, but the NUB was broken and the game sucked. The graphics were great though.)

AniHawk

Mega Man ZX is the first nonCollection Mega Man I've ever owned.

It's also the first Mega Man game I've beaten.

Nallen

I actually beat Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles with 3 friends....multiple times. Yet I can't get more than an hour into any other FF game.

Mar

I bought a Sega CD on launch day...

Wait wait, there's more.

The only FF game I've ever liked enough to finish, was Mystic Quest.

I didn't get into the Castlevania series until just recently. Went back and finished 1, 3, 4, and X. Now I'm starting SotN and am loving it.

OatmealMu

I got to the last boss in DMC3, got my ass kicked and stopped playing. I got to the last boss in Shadow of Rome, got my ass kicked and stopped playing.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Here's the list of games from this generation that I actually finished:

PS2:
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
Rez
God of War
(Guitar Hero)

Gamecube:
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4 (someone else played the last bit)
Paper Mario 2
Super Smash Brothers
Pikmin

That's it.

scarybore

DOAXBV is one of the few Xbox games I have left, and one of my favourites.

I played Rumble Roses XX for over 50 hours and enjoyed it better than recent Smackdown games, even if the ladies are freaky as hell

I can't stand WWII games, CoD2 was the most patronising piece of shit I have ever played.

I tend to hate anything from Square Enix or Namco.

I detest Ico.

I got mentioned in Edge magazine about trying to sex up Pinky from Animal Crossing.

The only traditional JRPG I have completed (barring Pokemon if that counts) that I remember is Skies of Arcadia, it actually has great characters and not full of the typical clichés that just about every JRPG has.

I bought Spy Fiction and really liked it.

I think Kensai: Sacred Fist for PSOne has a great soundtrack.

I do not care about sports games.

I do not think Halo is the best game of all time. It is just another good FPS to me.

I bought DOAXBV and loved it and I am anticipating the sequel for it's great, evolved gameplay.

I bought both Rumble Roses and loved them both.

I put hundreds of hours in Ninja Gaiden and still beleive it is the best XBox game ever and arguably the best 3D action gmae of all time.

I never finished any of the GTA games. The missions annoy me and the game is way too long.

I buy used games all the time.

I still believe 60fps games play better than 30fps games.

I waited like 4 hours in Ebgames to be the first person to get his copy of Tekken 3 on the PSOne during a midnight madness sale.

I save in my games constantly despite how easy it is.

I actually like Perdect Dark Zero alot.

I loved FFX2.

I think MGS: Twin Snakes is better than the PSOne original.

keanerie

I read all four of the Harry Potter books (that had come out at that point) while level grinding to 99 in Symphony of the Night.

Also: I think God of War is trash, MGS3 can be near unplayable at moments(though it's a good game overall), and GTA is boring. I also think David Jaffe is a hack.

Kai

I haven't played a "proper" Final Fantasy game.......

...... I don't really like RPG's of that nature.... closest I got was KOTOR....

I rented The Granstream Saga (PSX) and really enjoyed it. I bought it later (used, for $10). I've played through it 2-3 times and I also own the soundtrack. I emailed THQ and asked them about a sequel and they basically laughed at me.

I also rented Monkey Hero (PSX). All I knew was that it was a Zelda clone. It was awful but my memory card says I played it for over 10 hours.

I still believe Turok 2 was a great game.

I have a few:

A few hours after Zelda:TP was revealed, I daydreamed about Link naked in the middle of class :lol

Sonic the Hedgehog was my hero when I was 11 years old

I finished all of Skies of Arcadia(Dreamcast version) in 4 days

JB1981

shuri said:
Last night, it was pretty late. I tried Kameo and.. I liked it. A lot. I played for like a hour, and I was taken by the fun gameplay mechanics and awesome music. today I might go buy it.

:(

So what are your deep, disturbing secrets?

Don't fret, man, Kameo's a rather enjoyable game. It helps that it's also staggeringly beautiful at times.

JB1981

Confession: I'm playing through MGS 3: Subsistence for the 1st time right now, and I think that, at times, the gameplay mechanics are about the clumsiest, most irritating, and most poorly implemented I've seen from a stealth game in some time. Jesus Christ, Kojima, fix the ****ing camera, the first-person aiming and the survival viewer bullshit for round 4, man.

Top Bottom