• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking! Jeb! Bush's Tax Plan Is Large Tax Cut For Wealthy People!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A single parent with 2 children earns $260 000?
They said the USA was a country of rich people but I didn't expect that.

Yeah, those people make up about .002% of the population. Which is what the GOP is, really. A party for the exception voted in by social conservatives. Bush wouldn't have been president if they didn't have gay marriage on the ballot in 2004.

Jeb! can go get fucked. Most of the Republicans running for president, actually - I recall a number of these jackasses talking favorably about flat taxes and the like which all amount to massive income tax drops on the wealthy and sticking it to the poor and middle class.
I actually consider myself Independent - I've voted both ways in the past (more Democrat nationally, pretty mixed state and locally), but God if the modern day Republican party makes it difficult to vote for any of them.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
People make that much money in America ?

Hold me my passport is coming

Um nope. These are the top 0.02% of Americans which is why the image became controversial when it was published in a wealthy people financial magazine. It was ABSURD but it was presented in all seriousness to show the "horrific" damage Obamacare would do to people who weren't using it (because they didn't need to).

Finally a tax plan that works for these poor working class folks struggling under obamacare

bf-ae118b_05wic_g_2014auo9.jpg

I love how the black people make significantly less than everyone else......

aeolist

Banned
haha wow, even the fucking AEI admits that the middle class and poor would probably be worse off even with their tax cuts

I remember when that 1st was published.

My point on it was you are crying over people that were in the market to buy a Mercedes but they would have to hold back on the options package. That would be the totality of the impact on their lives.

Jeb! can go get fucked. Most of the Republicans running for president, actually - I recall a number of these jackasses talking favorably about flat taxes and the like which all amount to massive income tax drops on the wealthy and sticking it to the poor and middle class.
I actually consider myself Independent - I've voted both ways in the past (more Democrat nationally, pretty mixed state and locally), but God if the modern day Republican party makes it difficult to vote for any of them.

I'd be a for flat tax if it was high enough to totally nationalize the cost of living and covered: Housing, Food, Healthcare, Electricity, Internet, Telephone, Transportation, Guaranteed Income, education and anything else a person would need

Finally a tax plan that works for these poor working class folks struggling under obamacare

bf-ae118b_05wic_g_2014auo9.jpg

I always loved this one. It sums-up my hyper-conservative neighbors so well.

EDIT: I love how this single mother of two is pulling down $35,000 in investment income. That would require ~$500,000 yielding 6% to generate that kind of cash. Typical, Obama keeping the average American single mother down.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This still looks like an onion cartoon. Sometimes I shudder at the lack of empathy. The person drawing this earns a fraction of the lowest income scenario in the drawing. The editor probably didn't even make that much.

But they turned this out like serfs.

I remember somebody talked to the artist and he was surprised by the way things played out. The WSJ basically asked for a buch of pictures of sad, frowny people and the editor did the rest. He probably shat himself when he saw that.

Apt101

I love the single parent making a measly $260k, looking so defeated as her taxes go up. Now she can't treat herself to the new Porsche this year! She'll have to settle for last year's model.

MGrant

So, the idea behind the "job creators" label is what exactly? I've always wondered how taking home an extra 1.5 million in his pocket causes any wealthy man to create more jobs. I could imagine someone making a cogent case for lower corporate taxes tied to increased hiring, but lower personal taxes on the rich does nothing, because they're not going to be pouring money from their own bank accounts into their multinational businesses. Or am I wrong?

So, the idea behind the "job creators" label is what exactly? I've always wondered how taking home an extra 1.5 million in his pocket causes any wealthy man to create more jobs. I could imagine someone making a cogent case for lower corporate taxes tied to increased hiring, but lower personal taxes on the rich does nothing, because they're not going to be pouring money from their own bank accounts into their multinational businesses. Or am I wrong?

You're not wrong.

The incorrect idea is that those people take that money and invest it into new ventures. That creates jobs.

The reality is very little of that money actually does that. Most of this money goes to off-shore accounts, purchasing goods from other countries, traveling to other countries, investing in stocks (99.99% are not new ventures and thus create nothing, simply a change of hands), and purchasing existing homes.

Republicans: Scream about Government debt but also demand tax cuts.

This isn't a plan, this is just refusing to tax top earners and running record high deficits to do so.

Mimosa97

But look how unhappy they are.

But I want to be rich and unhappy :(

Um nope. These are the top 0.02% of Americans which is why the image became controversial when it was published in a wealthy people financial magazine. It was ABSURD but it was presented in all seriousness to show the "horrific" damage Obamacare would do to people who weren't using it (because they didn't need to).

Republicans don't lie. You're a commie. I don't believe you.

Lemme get my watergun. I'm coming America.

I thought the wsj was pretty legit ? That's hilarious though lol

Condom

Glorious plans, just glorious. If he wins (he won't) then democracy has officially failed in it's current form.

Log4Girlz

Rich people shouldn't even pay taxes. They are job creators and investors. More money for them means a healthier economy.

I'm literally a shrubbery running for office..

bionic77

Guys I know that supply side and trickle down hasn't worked the last 4 or 5 times we tried it, but I really feel that deep down if we give it one more chance it could happen this time.

Who is with me?

Wall

I hope a lot of you knucklehead Sanders fans see why sitting out this election because your guy lost isn't a fucking good idea. W Bush snuck into the presidency in part due to a lot of apathy. I'm not saying I think Jeb can beat Hillary, I'm just saying it should be VERY clear that another Bush running with the exact same team/policies/goals would be a disaster for this country and if you're a "liberal" you should be doing anything you can to prevent that.

Gotta crack a couple eggs breh

From the Iowa poll that had Sanders gaining on Clinton:

It's worth noting that in this poll, Sanders isn't a protest choice for those who support him: the vast majority - 96 percent - said they support his ideas, and only two percent said they'd vote for Sanders because they don't support Clinton

If there really were a huge contingent of Sanders supporters who are planning to sit out the election if Sanders doesn't win the primary, Clinton wouldn't be leading in any of the national polls against the Republicans.

The Internet magnifies extreme and histrionic voices.

Guys I know that supply side and trickle down hasn't worked the last 4 or 5 times we tried it, but I really feel that deep down if we give it one more chance it could happen this time.

Who is with me?
Those times were just anomalies anyways, this time for sure it'll work!

n0razi

This still looks like an onion cartoon. Sometimes I shudder at the lack of empathy. The person drawing this earns a fraction of the lowest income scenario in the drawing. The editor probably didn't even make that much.

But they turned this out like serfs.

The artist and the editor knew exactly what they were doing.. you do realize we are not the target demographic of their readership

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Where would the $340 billion a year come from?

A smaller tax cut would probably be a good idea if we were running a surplus.

it doesnt matter "where it comes from" when you're doing deficit spending.

something republicans have been harping about the past 8 years, obviously they dont give a shit when its their turn at the pie

Where would the $340 billion a year come from?

A smaller tax cut would probably be a good idea if we were running a surplus.
Well the article mentions the expectation of economic growth would eventually offset that.

However, those economists contend the tax plan would add 0.5 percent a year to economic growth over a decade, partly offsetting the revenue loss.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You'd think that there would at least be a few things a little different between each Bush.

Do they pop them out of cloning vats or something?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also I find it hilarious that of all the things he could have chosen to attack trump with, with trump giving him ample ammunition, he chose to attack him over having a reasonable stance on taxes.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why anyone except the very well-off would ever consider voting for anyone with plans like this is utterly beyond me. Is it because half the population believes they're destined to become millionaires, and so they vote for policies that would benefit them when that happens even though it wouldn't now?

numble

Why anyone except the very well-off would ever consider voting for anyone with plans like this is utterly beyond me. Is it because half the population believes they're destined to become millionaires, and so they vote for policies that would benefit them when that happens even though it wouldn't now?

Because they would also get a tax cut.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I don't understand why so much of the country is so easily duped into believing Republican policies are good for the country.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.

Except corporate taxes are obviously on net income, so, no, not really not even that.

The voodoo economics is that the rich will invest those savings in the stock market \ companies, and thereby make the economy produce more goods.

Because our issue at the moment is totally supply side, guys. There's lots of companies that have a killer product that would sell great, but just can't get the capital to start producing it!

I feel bad for that family of 6 making $450k/year after taxes.

With $450k/year I can pay off the entirety of my home loan and still have enough left to pay off majority of a second home.

So yeah, their tax hike is rough. Not being able to buy another home AND upgrade to the latest Mercedes? Ouch... give them a big time tax break. No worries, my family of 3 making $80-90k/year will cover them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom