• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking! Jeb! Bush's Tax Plan Is Large Tax Cut For Wealthy People!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidan

Starve the beast
Yep. Sap the government of resources, complain about overspending that is caused by your tax cuts, scale back government programs, increase government ineffectiveness, which helps your narrative that "government isn't the solution". Rinse, repeat. GOP 101.

Foffy

Banned
Excellent. Glad he isn't out if touch with working class America. What we need is for our existing economic power structure to have more money to make jobs for us. If they gave it to us we wouldn't know what to do with it and I for one would not for the life of me know how to deal with less financial stress, so I dont need the tax cut anyways. This is the most efficient way to empower the economy because the people who are successful have more room to play in order to drip our waterfeeders by creating jobs (aka profit enablement) thereby doubling down their success, and keeping us where we belong.

Jeb!

Now believe it or not, and this might sound crazy, I don't believe Jeb has bad intentions.

We don't need this. What we need to accept is the idea that humans must work is the progenitor to poverty and suffering, and this will only become a bigger void, which jobs will not fix.

Jobs as the solution, by and large, is a pleb tier idea. This is why it's largely a Republican answer to all economic problems.

Serious question: why would a company invest in a person when their costs are ever increasing and technology is ever decreasing? Those "job creators" are just going to go for the cheaper, more efficient model of production, which will eventually be machine learning labor in almost every major front of employment today.

This tax code does fuck all in addressing that reality, so I greatly pity you for failing to understand this and to be naive enough to think Jeb's idea really isn't out of touch with people and reality, while also thinking this is a reasonable solution, when on every major account, it factually isn't. Your post is a perfect example of standing against your own interests in hilariously dangerous ways.

andycapps

What a joke. Republicans campaign and cry about the deficit, and then one of their candidates proposes this. They really need a fresh voice in the party.

Risible

Finally a tax plan that works for these poor working class folks struggling under obamacare

bf-ae118b_05wic_g_2014auo9.jpg

I have an engineering degree and a masters in teaching and my wife has a law degree. We don't make even close to what the single mom in that picture makes. Fucking LOL.

I feel bad for that family of 6 making $450k/year after taxes.

With $450k/year I can pay off the entirety of my home loan and still have enough left to pay off majority of a second home.

So yeah, their tax hike is rough. Not being able to buy another home AND upgrade to the latest Mercedes? Ouch... give them a big time tax break. No worries, my family of 3 making $80-90k/year will cover them.

To be fair, that family probably lives in CA or NY which means their house is going to cost like over a million because of the cost of living there. It still kills me to this date that my down payment outright pays for a house in most other states.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I do wish more reporters would ask why, if tax cuts always work, that we had pathetic job growth and massive deficits when Jeb!'s brother attempted this policy last time.

Alexlf

To be fair, that family probably lives in CA or NY which means their house is going to cost like over a million because of the cost of living there. It still kills me to this date that my down payment outright pays for a house in most other states.

Oh damn, over a million? It might take them a whole 10 years to pay it off! Definitely need more tax breaks. /s

Oh damn, over a million? It might take them a whole 10 years to pay it off! Definitely need more tax breaks. /s

Sure, I'm not saying they aren't well off, but too many times in this forum, people don't seem to understand the cost of living varies dramatically throughout the US and often mistake that looking at one's salary because it's higher than theirs, that they are now rich. It happens too often in discussions about salary, housing, etc. Housing in CA can be 10 times the cost of somewhere else for the same exact house and that factors dramatically on what someone's income means.

Home ownership in CA varies widely from county to county. A million dollar home in LA puts you in a pretty nice spot (coastal). Most counties you can comfortably buy a house for under half a mil without having to live super far away from the metropolitan center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom