• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: Borderlands 3 confirmed for third time

Nowadays might say Tales from the Borderlands is the best Borderlands videogame.

Maybe there is a takeaway there before they continue.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Now they just need to announce a title for someone else they can use to siphon money from to develop bl3.

qldyAkR.gif

Hey. Slag should be gone, but the oxygen mechanic, the stomp, double/boost jump, slow fall, all that shit was great. I thought the mechanic would be shitty but it really added a lot of much needed depth to the gameplay. The laser weapons and cryo damage were also amazing.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Best thing about Borderlands 2 was all the shit handsome jack would say.

Though yeah am seriously hoping they up their game with the gunplay as that is seriously lacking.

RyoonZ

Banned
Hey. Slag should be gone, but the oxygen mechanic, the stomp, double/boost jump, slow fall, all that shit was great. I thought the mechanic would be shitty but it really added a lot of much needed depth to the gameplay. The laser weapons and cryo damage were also amazing.

I ended up only using that moxxi lasergun the whole time, there is no need to use anything elae lol

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Now they just need to announce a title for someone else they can use to siphon money from to develop bl3.

Oh man, how true. If only you knew the half of it, haha the things I've heard...

Anyway, I wonder if the series goes in the direction of destiny/division sooner or later. It just makes the most sense.

Itachi87

I really wished they spent the time and money on Borderlands 3 instead of Battleborn. I honestly can't see how that game can be profitable for them.

Keasar

Its gonna be difficult to top Handsome Jack with a new villain. He set the bar waaaaay too high. Get the writing team of both Borderlands 2 and Tales from the Borderlands on it.

I hope they take a lesson from Battleborn with giving each character more than one ability. If its the same boring "Each class with 1 ability and barely any synergy" its gonna get pretty stale quickly. Give me some pure support character to play as in co-op. Give me many, many, many more abilities to mix and match with to create a interesting build.

The Pre-Sequel kinda killed the mood overall for Borderlands in my group but if BL3 looks interesting enough, then maybe.

Orayn

If they go the MMO route you'll make your own character.

I hope not, characters having their own personalities and identities was a lot of fun in previous entries.

Maybe some kind of hybrid approach where the campaign still uses characters but you can make your own for adventure mode/endgame/NG+ stuff.

Its gonna be difficult to top Handsome Jack with a new villain. He set the bar waaaaay too high. Get the writing team of both Borderlands 2 and Tales from the Borderlands on it.

I hope they take a lesson from Battleborn with giving each character more than one ability. If its the same boring "Each class with 1 ability and barely any synergy" its gonna get pretty stale quickly. Give me some pure support character to play as in co-op. Give me many, many, many more abilities to mix and match with to create a interesting build.

The Pre-Sequel kinda killed the mood overall for Borderlands in my group but if BL3 looks interesting enough, then maybe.

Yeah I hope we get two action abilities at least that we can switch through.

If they go the MMO route you'll make your own character.

I would be pissed if they took the MMO route. The combat already feels a little bit too underdeveloped and the writing is already questionable, and transferring to an MMO format will probably require significant downgrades in both departments. Also, MMO development would be really expensive, and I don't think Gearbox has that kind of money.

I would be pissed if they took the MMO route. The combat already feels a little bit too underdeveloped and the writing is already questionable, and transferring to an MMO format will probably require significant downgrades in both departments. Also, MMO development would be really expensive, and I don't think Gearbox has that kind of money.
It would be a Destiny/Division like MMO. The way 2 and The Pre-Sequel ended it's looking to be the next logical step.

KyleCross

I loved Borderlands 2 so I definitely want to play a Borderlands 3, but after finding out how Gearbox ripped off Ben Hibon the series has kinda made me feel guilty for playing it. Did Hibon ever get anything?

Village

Not a fan of the grinder in pre sequel

Would like more customization

Keep uo with the creative character design

Flux

Happy to hear about the confirmation as the announcement surprises no one.

Hopefully they can re-allocate resources away from Battleborn to make BL3 even bigger.

melchior_

Fiona as one of the 4 playable vault hunters, hopefully! O: Or maybe she'll be one of the dlc vault hunters. D:

Would like to see more on the Rhys/Sasha thing, too.

Hope Gaige, Krieg and the other BL2 dlc characters show up in the story as well! or better yet, they make gaige a playable vault hunter again

J-Tier

Get the writing team from Tales From The Borderlands, and make Fiona and Rhys (and maybe Loaderbot) playable characters, and I am sold.
Yes. Rhys, Fiona and/or Loaderbot and I'm super sold.

I'm sold regardless...unless the involvement of the Battleborn dude shifts the art direction significantly, I'm in.

All I demand is Tannis as her usual self and not being killed for some bullshit reasons.

I think the mechanics could really stand for an update. Some sort of user driven gear customization and a decoupling of some of the RPG and shooting mechancis.

Regardless of any of this I will buy it of course.

I enjoyed 1 and 2 (never played pre-sequel) but I feel like they really need to bring something new to the table with 3. The loot system really needs an overhaul. I have a feeling it will just be a copy and paste from the previous ones with maybe larger areas and, to me, that's not good enough.

I enjoyed 1 and 2 (never played pre-sequel) but I feel like they really need to bring something new to the table with 3. The loot system really needs an overhaul. I have a feeling it will just be a copy and paste from the previous ones with maybe larger areas and, to me, that's not good enough.

I really hope not. 2 was a refinement already and I didn't even bother with the Pre-Sequel until now despite loving 2. I'm hoping they seriously expand things, they can't afford not to without getting slammed imo

Top Bottom