• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING RUMOR: PS4 release date to be announced at Gamescom

Sony must do everything to launch before the more expensive Xbone. They have the strongest next-gen console for 399.

Too bad PS4 1st party launch titles are not that convincing... 3rd party line-up is much better.

But I can't wait for this "launch window" title.

ibgKMinWJk3r0i.gif

Punished by not capitalizing as fast as they can on the market they need to recapture the most? that's a nice fanfic you are running in your head

It's a console launch, these consoles are going to limited by supply anyway. Launching a month earlier is probably meaningless.

Sony must do everything to launch before the more expensive Xbone. They have the strongest next-gen console for 399.

Too bad PS4 1st party launch titles are not that convincing... 3rd party line-up is much better.

But I can't wait for this "launch window" title.

ibgKMinWJk3r0i.gif
Hopefully not ''Nintendo launch window'' tho :)

Oh well I have faith in SP. If they have the most impressive PS4 game playable at E3 on PS4 hardware and release direct feed footage (unlike some coughdriveclubcough) I'd imagine they are well on track to release it Q1.

Still a shame since I think Second Son looks leaps and bounds ahead of the other launch games. I'd like to think that the reason SS was chosen not to release day 1 is that Sony saw the most potential from it and decided to have it polished the most.

I wonder if they're just waiting to see how soon they can have Killzone, Knack and Drive Club gold for launch. I don't think it makes too much sense to beat the major 3rd party titles by more than a couple weeks (ACIV, Watch Dogs, BF4, CoD Ghosts, Need for Speed)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that controller is so ugly. It's literally the only downside to the PS4, hah.

If Apple can tell people that their products release the week after they reveal it, I doubt this is cutting it close.

Sony is not apple tho :)

Actually I'd almost put my money on 29th October release. It isn't exactly ''holyday 2013'' perhaps but I think if they were going to release in November they would have said so already at E3. I think they want to surprise people. They certainly won't release in December.

SilentFlyer

I hope it releases as soon as late October, along with BF4, AC4 and Watch_Dogs. And about 2 to 3 weeks will it take to release here, KSA and UAE, after being released in EU.

And thanks Napalm_Frank for the credit.

JWong

Banned
Sony is not apple tho :)

Actually I'd almost put my money on 29th October release. It isn't exactly ''holyday 2013'' perhaps but I think if they were going to release in November they would have said so already at E3. I think they want to surprise people. They certainly won't release in December.

Microsoft is not Sony, yet they seem to be copying everything they do nowadays. =P

Hopefully not ''Nintendo launch window'' tho :)

Oh well I have faith in SP. If they have the most impressive PS4 game playable at E3 on PS4 hardware and release direct feed footage (unlike some coughdriveclubcough) I'd imagine they are well on track to release it Q1.

Still a shame since I think Second Son looks leaps and bounds ahead of the other launch games. I'd like to think that the reason SS was chosen not to release day 1 is that Sony saw the most potential from it and decided to have it polished the most.

Nintendo and their Wii U launch window, haha. The Wonderful 101 is still not available. And Yes, inFAMOUS Second Son looks like a true next-gen title to me, the E3 footage blew me away. This game probably needs that extra polish.

Sucker Punch is a talented developer, this game will be great for sure.

Top Bottom