• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I buy a 144hz monitor [With] or [Without] G-sync?

TrounceX

Don't profiles not work in certain instances, like when gaming in exclusive fullscreen?

Hard to answer, it depends on the game.

There's a program out there called CPKeeper that does a decent job of enforcing profiles in fullscreen. As with a lot of things in PC gaming though, your results may vary.

I think I'm fairly limited by my CPU; I have a 970 and an i7 2600. I can peg pretty much everything at 60fps, but I wouldn't even begin to think about 144fps... I know that G-Sync smooths out fluctuating frame rates, but I imagine you have to have a pretty damn high baseline for it to really work.

I think I'm fairly limited by my CPU; I have a 970 and an i7 2600. I can peg pretty much everything at 60fps, but I wouldn't even begin to think about 144fps... I know that G-Sync smooths out fluctuating frame rates, but I imagine you have to have a pretty damn high baseline for it to really work.

Anything over 40-ish is really all you need for it to work effectively. Not too high of a bar for any modern card released in the last ~3 years or so.

Awful. Blurry as hell.

I can confirm this.

Protein

Banned
Thanks guys. I went ahead with the 144hz gsync 1080p Acer Pred. I want absolute performance and smoothness for upcoming games like BF1.

Ghazi

I actually just got that Asus in the mail today, rocking a 980Ti/i7-6700k combo. Kinda wanted G-Sync, but it's a bit too pricey imo.

Mareg

Would a 1070 paired with a 2500k over clocked to 4.5 be worth it to get a 1440p g sync monitor, or is the 2500k going to hold it back too much?

I have that exact config. I don't feel like my 1070 is restricted by the 2500k and it's not even oced to 4.5
Maybe it is in some game. But I never get below 60fps in everything I throw at it.

Top Bottom