• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I let my new girlfriend move in with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
I'm waiting for the person who will provide the yes answer backed with some kind of amazing explanation

sangreal

Sure, why not? It's not like you're getting married. If/when it goes to shit, you break up and kick her out. Chances are it won't work out, but chances are your relationship isn't going to work out anyway. Might as well try it out

squidyj

Just do it. Half these posters are just jealous of the fact you could be getting pussy on the reg, BJ on the reg, sex on the reg whenever you want 24/7. You haven't got much to lose, but there is a lot to gain.

Oh I see what you're doing. Clever.

Honestly, putz that I am if there was nowhere else for her to go I'd probably do it.

Tunavi

Banned
I'm waiting for the person who will provide the yes answer backed with some kind of amazing explanation
see:
Just do it. Half these posters are just jealous of the fact you could be getting pussy on the reg, BJ on the reg, sex on the reg whenever you want 24/7. You haven't got much to lose, but there is a lot to gain.

Does she have friends?

Let her move in with her friends.
They all move back home for the summer.

akira28

I'd give the relationship a 85-95% chance of failing. Enormous step after just two months, regardless of how short-term it is.

Factor in the ages and yeah, pretty bad idea.

If it was a 'relationship building' step of moving in with the woman you consider to be your significant other so you can play house, then I'd agree. This seems more like, letting my college girlfriend crash at my place to help her out. No one sees this thing as lasting forever, probably least of all her, so it's like failure is already pre-built in to this thing. You can do her a solid, and make sure not to fall in love, and make sure to help her get her own place and not end up putting too much of your heart/life on the table. It's not an obligation though.

edit:I would have mentioned all the sex with sex on top, but that's kind of assumed. I mean, she's 18, I'm assuming she's hot to trot.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member

kaynemood.gif

commedieu

Banned

yeah, so what you're saying is that you've never moved in with a woman before? Just the two of you.

Moving in doesn't = 247 sex as if they are your sex slave.

How old are you?

edit:

Ah, a see what you're doing post...?

Moving in is different from letting her stay at your place over the summer.

I'd say, yeah why not let her stay there for a couple months? Just make clear to her it's a temporary situation.

Sure, why not? It's not like you're getting married. If/when it goes to shit, you break up and kick her out. Chances are it won't work out, but chances are your relationship isn't going to work out anyway. Might as well try it out

See here lies the problem: it no longer becomes a matter of taking her out for coffee, dumping her, and hopefully never seeing her again.

You have to endure drama and histrionics when you boot her out.

Vire

She take my money when I'm in need
Yeah she's a trifling friend indeed
Oh she's a gold digger way over town
That dig's on me

Sealda

Banned
If you love her then yes

I think if "friends" got to decide , then we would have 70 % less marriages and happy relationships.

These so called "advisors" are always so damn pessimistic.

DanteFox

10/10

You know what you're doing.

akira28

yeah, so what you're saying is that you've never moved in with a woman before? Just the two of you.

Moving in doesn't = 247 sex as if they are your sex slave.

How old are you?

2 months though. I mean, it eventually peters out, but when it's new, if he plays his cards right they could be going at it like newlyweds without the need for lasting legal obligations.

I'd say, yeah why not let her stay there for a couple months? Just make clear to her it's a temporary situation.

Exactly this. Don't let this become a situation where you're getting used for free rent, but if you're not putting yourself out too much. Just don't fall in love.

Blunt

Banned
Get all the sex you can while you're young. The relationship may fail 2 weeks in but that's a fortnight of wild rumpy-pumpy that you'll remember fondly years later when you become old, ugly and your dick don't work.

Tunavi

Banned
You really shouldn't. It's laudable that you want to help her, but you really don't want to establish that kind of dependency in a relationship this soon. There will be others. Let it go.
Honestly, life was getting so boring before I met her, I was tired of the same old shit. She means a lot to me and she really makes my life more exciting. It's a healthy mutual dependency IMO

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You should tell us more about her. How is she in bed?

Honestly, life was getting so boring before I met her, I was tired of the same old shit. She means a lot to me and she really makes my life more exciting. It's a healthy mutual dependency IMO
That's very romantic.

low-G

I really really like this post. I just wanted you to know that. I agree.

McLovin

Life would be boring if you never took chances. I say yes and keep us posted on the hilarity that ensues. If it doesn't work out just kick her out?

And when you say she's 18, do you mean "18 and hot" or "18 and a pig"?

Also, to be clear, I am not firmly opposed to this. I just need more info.

Does she like to dance in the rain? Makes you get out of your comfort zone so you know what living is really like? Maybe she's an artist too. She owns a funny purse. You're an uptight lawyer and she's a wacky waitress at the local diner. Sounds like an romantic comedy waiting to happen.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
What does 18 have to do with being a pig or hot?

Pocks

Yeah man, do it. You've already stated how openly you two communicate.. so just use that here as well. Just be prepared; living with someone can reveal a whole new side of a person.

It's only two months. Worst case scenario is you have a crappy breakup.. big whoop, you've only been dating her for a couple months. Best case you guys learn a lot about each other and get even closer.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
welllll

i want to say out of the kindness of your heart to let her stay with you, but not necessarily move all of her shit in. like, she can "stay at your house" but she isn't "living there" so she will be very limited in the amount of stuff she can bring to you.

i mean, considering her situation and the fact that i would think that you like her at least a little since you are going out with her makes me feel like you should be willing to work with her in some capacity so that she has an easier time trying to accomplish the things she wants to do in that area.

if she wasn't so bad off or poor, i'd say no in a heartbeat, but considering her situation i think you should try to make it work but lay down hard rules like not being able to bring her whole wardrobe and shit.

is it only temporary? how far away is her parents place so that she can shovel most of her shit there while she has like "temporary bags" with her?

It's not like I know you well enough to declare that it's not a healthy mutual dependency. But I really think it behooves you to be more cautious. Fire is an exciting thing; self-immolation is not.

McLovin

Are you like the nerdy but hansom dude with glasses and she's like the free spirit with pink and or blue hair... Or both... And she likes to dance on top of stuff in public. And your like hey stop that you soo crazy girl and she's like no.

commedieu

Banned
Yeah man, do it. You've already stated how openly you two communicate.. so just use that here as well. Just be prepared; living with someone can reveal a whole new side of a person.

Yep yep yep yep..

Do it, no expectations, enjoy.

Hmmmm.... I'm a strong believer that there are some things in life people have to experience first hand to truly understand. This is one of those things. Considering it's just a summer and you barely know the girl, I don't think you'll run into anything world-ending.

Just fuckin' do it. You only live once and it would be worth the experience and learning. Make sure she knows it's just for the summer, especially if things don't go well. Last thing you want is an ex-gf leech.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
It's only for 2 month to help her out and he's saying that the relationship is going good. Worse thing that could happen (assuming there's no CRAZEH involved on both sides)... is that they break out.

There's worse shit to try out at that age.

I see Devo has been white-knighting ahead of me... Sad panda is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom