• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight: Plague Of Shadows |OT| Saving You From The Plague of Paid DLC

sphinx

the piano man
Nice that this trhead exists. I need some help,

I am currently trying to get all items on Plague of Shadows and I think I am missing one of the Bursts (I have 5, is there a 6th?)

also, I don't now where to get the hoods for plague knight, I have the one you get to attract money, is it the only one or are there more?

also, to the right side of the chalice, there's something missing and I am not sure what it is.

help?

Nice that this trhead exists. I need some help,

I am currently trying to get all items on Plague of Shadows and I think I am missing one of the Bursts (I have 5, is there a 6th?)

also, I don't now where to get the hoods for plague knight, I have the one you get to attract money, is it the only one or are there more?

also, to the right side of the chalice, there's something missing and I am not sure what it is.

help?

There are 5 bursts, so you must have them all.

The hoods for Plague Knight are gotten at the Trouple Pond. You have to buy a chalice in town, and then visit the Trouple King. I think that you must have visited there already if you have the one that attracts money. Truthfully, the other cloaks are not very good in my opinion.

I'm not sure what's missing to the right of your chalice.

The Shovel Knight wiki has lots of information.

Hope this helps.

sphinx

the piano man
There are 5 bursts, so you must have them all.

The hoods for Plague Knight are gotten at the Trouple Pond. You have to buy a chalice in town, and then visit the Trouple King. I think that you must have visited there already if you have the one that attracts money. Truthfully, the other cloaks are not very good in my opinion.

I'm not sure what's missing to the right of your chalice.

The Shovel Knight wiki has lots of information.

Hope this helps.

this helped a lot! I began the NG+ and somehow completely forgot where to ge the hoods.

I got all the items I think cause a "feat" unlocked.

now on to get the last 8 coins, I think Percy the horse gives something in exchange.

sphinx

the piano man
sorry for the bump.. but I've got nowhere else to ask.

Do we have an idea of when is the next DLC going to be released?

Yacht Club is working on a Specter knight and a king Knight campaign, it seems

Memory

sorry for the bump.. but I've got nowhere else to ask.

Do we have an idea of when is the next DLC going to be released?

Yacht Club is working on a Specter knight and a king Knight campaign, it seems

Your bump had me excited expecting the very news your asking for, damn you lol :) .

I'm pretty sure there is no release date yet for the other knight's campaigns. Just got to wait it out and hope it doesn't take forever.

I'm pretty sure there is no release date yet for the other knight's campaigns. Just got to wait it out and hope it doesn't take forever.

They said they wanted Shovel Knight completely done in 2016. I hope they speed up a bit. I loved Plague Knight and I'm sure the new stuff will be excellent too, but I want a Shovel Knight sequel and at this rate that is still years away.

Yacht Club Games ‏@YachtClubGames Mar 3
We're making King & Specter campaigns! As you may know, we like to take our time to make it perfect. So no ETA yet!

It's at least a little ways off.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think the campaigns are still in the early stages from just what I've seen on their Twitch channel.

They said they wanted Shovel Knight completely done in 2016. I hope they speed up a bit. I loved Plague Knight and I'm sure the new stuff will be excellent too, but I want a Shovel Knight sequel and at this rate that is still years away.

I hope there is going to be a Shovel Knight sequel as well! I agree that it will take quite some time. Yacht Club isn't a huge development studio anyway.

hiryu64

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/738455004428664832

King Knight has the
spinning jump from Super Mario World
. I need this.
OpG1Fjn.gif

[SHOVELRY INTENSIFIES]

I just finished Plague Knight, and didn't like so much, but only because it was mostly rehash of Shovel Knight's stage.

If other Knights are similar, I wouldn't mind if he skipped them so he can work on some other real project, but whatever.

Dr. Buni

I just finished Plague Knight, and didn't like so much, but only because it was mostly rehash of Shovel Knight's stage.

If other Knights are similar, I wouldn't mind if he skipped them so he can work on some other real project, but whatever.
The stages will be the same for all knights, with variations of the level design, of course. The point of the new campaigns are mostly the new playstyle the knights offer and the new storyline (Plague Knight's story is too cute).

Dr. Buni

It looks great indeed, I like how they gave Specter Knight a wall climb!

Can't wait to play with the two new bosses. I am a trying to 100% the achievements of both Shovel and Plague Knight's campaigns until then.

ShadowOwl

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump.

New Shovel Knight update out on GOG.com, not on Steam or Humble so far. No info on console versions. Two new languages and mostly tons of bug fixes:

https://www.gog.com/forum/shovel_knight/changelog
Changelog for Patch 2.4 / GOG-19 (Windows) / GOG-9 (Linux) / GOG-16 (Mac) (added 24 August 2016):

- New languages supported! Russian and Brazilian Portuguese are now selectable!
- Text and formatting fixes across Shovel Knight and Plague Knight campaigns.
- Additional controller support.
- Fix: Secret title screen code not working when confirm/cancel is swapped.
- Fix: Calibrate Screen Gamma fix when confirm/cancel switched
- Fix: Improvements for text replacement cheats.
- Fix: Challenge “Extendo Retractro” having inconsistent platform timing.
- Fix: Can no longer pause while game is transitioning.
- Fix: Specter Knight sometimes floating offscreen during banquet battle intro.
- Fix: Enchantress dialogue line not being readable. Enchantress no longer interrupts her own dialogue during the to the battle entrance.
- Fix: Tinker Knight Boss reveal will now wait until the player is on screen.
- Fix: Moving platforms can no long push pickups in a way that they move infinitely in one direction
- Fix: Saving text background now visible on same frame as text
- Fix: Tinker Knight being able to be hit during intro.
- Fix: Can no longer slide off catapult before it launches you
- Fix: Sometimes being able to escape Specter Knight boss fight.
- Fix: Plague Knight specific cheats will no longer activate unless Plague Knight is unlocked.
- Fix: Hoppicles can no longer fall through platforms
- Fix: Single checkpoint cheat not working
- Fix: Lava fish now die in water if fished out. They also die if on land for too long.
- Fix: Can no longer bind the same button to multiple actions. Added a visual effect when attempting to bind a button already used by another action.
- Fix: Can no longer open inventory during challenge mode bosses intro
- Fix: Enemy larger cheat fixes for Tinker Knight and Remnant of Fate
- Fix: Autoscroll with invincibility cheats creating soft locks.
- Fix: Teethalon can no longer be hurt while offscreen
- Fix: [Shovel] Striking Plague Knight's vat once again has blocking knockback.
- Fix: [Shovel] Can no longer hit campfire during dream. I guess this would be considered sleep shovelling?
- Fix: [Shovel] The Big Creep’s health sometimes still being active after defeat
- Fix: [Shovel] The Big Creep spawning issues when activating lights and transitioning rooms simulataneously
- Fix: [Shovel] Player now turns to face the The Big Creep during bosds intro. It’s not that kind of ghost!
- Fix: [Shovel] Ghosts being hit during cutscene in Hall of Champions
- Fix: [Shovel] Served but not yet eaten food from the Gastronomer will still waiting at the Village when you begin New Game+. Leftovers+?
- Fix: [Shovel] Can now earn the Sparker feat on Black Knight, Mr. Hat, Reize, Baz, and Phantom Striker.
- Fix: [Shovel] Well Met Feat now requires Mr. Hat to be defeated as well.
- Fix: [Shovel] Striking Boss Plague Knight's vat as Shovel Knight once again has blocking knockback.
- Fix: [Shovel] Flare Wander Feat no longer unlocks when hitting a block.
- Fix: [Shovel] Super Sphere Feat sometimes unlocking from objects that were not hit by Chaos Orb.
- Fix? [Shovel] Dolly will now discuss her interest in purchasing a beret at Mr. Hat’s Fancy Shop instead of a brooch! Immersion maintained.
- Fix: [Shovel] Visual frame sync issue with the mobile gear
- Fix: [Plague] Alchemy Shop sometimes displayed improperly formatted text.
- Fix: [Plague] Entering the Alchemy shop quickly no longer makes input invalid
- Fix: [Plague] Being able longer throw bombs in between boss fights in banquet battle
- Fix: [Plague] Tinker Knight Boss works better with the Sentry Fuse
- Fix: [Plague] Temporarily unable to move if using the vat during exactly during a screen transition.
- Fix: [Plague] Hall of Champion Guards can no longer be hit during dialogue
- Fix: [Plague] Can no longer talk to Troupple King while standing on a Vat
- Fix: [Plague] Village screen transition loop improved
- Fix: [Plague] Hall of champions erroneously taking 1000 gold when re-entering.
- Fix: [Plague] Blowing up Hedge Pupil’s house and leaving the screen breaking the game
- Fix: [Plague] Sometimes being able to jump or use relics when input is disabled
- Fix: [Plague] Bosses not resetting the state of the Bomb Jump Blitz Feat. It should now possible to earn while retrying a boss or when fighting multiple bosses in a row.

b4mv

Banned
Damn.. Spring.
I guess I'll be waiting then.

Oh well. Maybe I'll play through the main campaign again in the mean time

http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/the-return-of-specter-knight-and-a-revitalizing-announcement/

Probably thread-worthy... limited edition Vita physical version too from Fangamer in Oct.

It was thread worthy almost three months ago when the announcement was made. Your link is dated June 21st, 2016.

Here's the thread for the Vita physical version

And here's the thread for the Specter Knight campaign update

WTF this got pushed back till next year? I thought it was supposed to be slated around Oct. and with King Knight soon after. That is quite the delay.

It never had a date or even a release window.

It sucks but is anyone really surprised at this point?

No one should be surprised, as it was never given any release window. In fact, this is what YCG said back in June when it was announced:
Yacht Club Games said:
No estimated release date for any Update quite yet.

Seems like some of you just assumed it was coming this fall since PoS launched around this time last year. That's honestly a somewhat understandable assumption to make, but they never publicly gave any indication of a release window, so you can't really call this a delay.

Syril

I'm excited to see Specter Knight's moveset. Plague Knight's bomb burst is one of my favorite abilities in games because of the crazy utility you could get out of it when you got good with it.

CrisKre

Is it possible Yatch Club is heavily working on a new game as well as this DLC?

Cause if not its going to be sooo long til they announce a new game:(

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Double dipped on Wii U and Steam versions. I can't believe these animals are still pumping out free dlc!

The gift that keeps on giving, for sure, but hell I'm starting to feel guilty here!

@MUWANdo

Banned
No one should be surprised, as it was never given any release window. In fact, this is what YCG said back in June when it was announced:

Seems like some of you just assumed it was coming this fall since PoS launched around this time last year. That's honestly a somewhat understandable assumption to make, but they never publicly gave any indication of a release window, so you can't really call this a delay.

They said in multiple interviews (early) this year that they were trying their hardest to have all the additional content finished and released by the end of 2016. It very quickly became evident that they weren't going to be able to do this but you can't blame people for expecting otherwise.

They also said the additional character expansions would not be as fully-featured as the Plague Knight expansion but I wonder if they reneged on that statement, too. I'm content to wait but I imagine they're sick of this game by now.

Double dipped on Wii U and Steam versions. I can't believe these animals are still pumping out free dlc!

Pumping out? Trickling out, perhaps.

Moose84

Is it possible Yatch Club is heavily working on a new game as well as this DLC?

Cause if not its going to be sooo long til they announce a new game:(

I really hope their main team is working on Shovel Knight 2. It's been over two years since the original was released and whilst this DLC is neat in a play and forget sort of way, it would be heartbreaking if they haven't used any of this time to work on a proper sequel.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Pumping out? Trickling out, perhaps.
This time around they are actually working on all the remaining content at the same time and when the next set of content will be nearing completion they'll concentrate on that to get it out. I guess that's why we're waiting a bit longer this time around but we might see the last extra campaign a bit faster afterwards.

YCG explained it in their Specter Knight preview blog update :

When Shovel Knight originally kicked off we focused entirely on making the original Shovel Knight campaign the absolute best! It’s the game we originally pitched and knew we wanted to spend all of our efforts and energy polishing the core campaign. After release, we gathered everyone’s impressions before cracking open the game once more to brew up Plague of Shadows! Plague Knight was a chance to build upon and deliver all new story, characters, and playstyle. We made many iterations (threw out a lot of ideas), and learned some great lessons on how best to extend and change up the existing Shovel Knight game world.

With that experience fresh in our minds, the team here is now working on all remaining campaigns and updates at once! That means Specter Knight, King Knight, Body Swap, and Battle Mode (for PC and consoles). That’s a lot more game — and it should arrive sooner than the wait between Shovel Knight and Plague Knight. Creating these updates simultaneously will allow us to plan more cohesively. How levels change between the two characters, how much time is needed for new mechanics/systems, stories interweaving, and so on. Once we’re nearing completion on one set of updates, we’ll be switching our focus to a single campaign to make sure it’s polished for release. Then we’ll be doing the same by switching to the next campaign!

Yacht Club specifically said they expected to release all the DLC this year.

Our Goal Is to Completely Finish Shovel Knight in 2016

With that experience fresh in our minds, the team here is now working on all remaining campaigns and updates at once! That means Specter Knight, King Knight, Body Swap, and Battle Mode (for PC and consoles). That’s a lot more game — and it should arrive sooner than the wait between Shovel Knight and Plague Knight.

Top Bottom