• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight Wii U/3DS, Amiibo coming to Japan on June 30, published by Nintendo

@MUWANdo

Banned
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/705521212538007552

http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/03/shovel-knight-in-japan/

Just like the title says, Nintendo's bringing Shovel Knight to Wii U and 3DS in Japan.

The Wii U version will be digital-only, whereas the 3DS version will be available digitally and in a retail bundle that includes the Amiibo.

The price is 2000円 for the digital version and 3500円 for the 3DS retail bundle, plus 1500円 for a standalone Amiibo.

It's been a long time coming, huh?

Interesting that Nintendo's publishing it in Japan. Wonder if that means Shovel Knight will get atleast a regular trophy in the next Smash Bros like Rayman did.

Was waiting for it since ever, but the ¥2.000 price tag leaves a bad taste. Should have been priced at ¥1.500, especially after such a long time. Disappointed.

Also, しょうばいナイト.

Neoxon

So Nintendo really is publishing it huh. Cmon Smash bros appearance.
Smash 4 DLC is over. And with Sakurai on vacation, it's unlikely that we'll get any additional characters beyond maybe the Ice Climbers in the rumored NX port.

Regardless, congrats to Yacht Club Games.

tiijj

Was waiting for it since ever, but the ¥2.000 price tag leaves a bad taste. Should have been priced at ¥1.500, especially after such a long time. Disappointed.

Also, しょうばいナイト.

I was waiting for this as well, the price could've been better. Oh well.

thefro

Glad this is finally happening.

This shows someone in Nintendo's HQ in Japan is paying attention, which is a good sign.

I was waiting for this as well, the price could've been better. Oh well.
I'm definitely waiting for a sale or get it for a few hundred Yen used the same week. Compared to how they handled the time until the release in the west they handled it really bad in case of the japanese release. Zero updates on that and ¥2.000 asking price is what makes this taste so bad.

Man they weren't involved from the beginning? The 8-4 booth at bitsummit last year was pretty much Mark MacD playing Shovel Knight with some dudes lol
I would be surprised if they weren't but I wouldn't know tho lol.

john tv

Man they weren't involved from the beginning? The 8-4 booth at bitsummit last year was pretty much Mark MacD playing Shovel Knight with some dudes lol
We've been involved for a very long time, yes. :)

2,000 yen is a steal for this game IMO. Not that anyone asked or that you should trust my words, given our involvement, hah. But SK is amazing and considering all the free DLC, I'd have paid 4,000 or more for it easily. <3

Zubz

Banned
They're doing a pre-launch livestream from 9pm Wed night in Japan, too (first time Nintendo has ever done this): http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv265911788

Once the stream is over, people can buy the game immediately, so presumably it runs for three hours? Not sure. That's a long time for one game, haha.

There's something really satisfying about Nintendo of Japan putting a lot of emphasis on an American-made 3rd Party game. Plus, it seems like Shovel Knight's pretty hyped-up over there! Here's hoping Japan loves SK as much as we do here.

Top Bottom