• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

belvedere

Junior Butler
peppermints said:
What are you using for your text icons? I downloaded Simplistic Text, but they don't look nearly as pretty or as big as those.

I'm having the same problem. My dock icons appear normal in the screenshot after viewing it on my PC, but they appear pretty small on the phone itself.

Srict.png

Dibbz

5888252795_7cc5784fe1_z.jpg

Simi Clock
Simi Weather
Circle Battery
Dock was off Deviant art I think (don't have the link anymore)
Wallpaper from Deviant Art but I altered the colours. PM me if you want it and I'll upload it.

5888819946_47641ab9f7_z.jpg

Simple Calender
Minimal Reader

Jeels

Finally rooted my phone and got cyangenmod :D

snap20110703_201351.png

snap20110703_201416.png

Finally bought widgetlocker. Well worth it imho. But since I'm on gingerbread I can't take screenshots since I can't root yet :/

Why can't you root? My Nexus S is rooted just fine.

Circle T

Jeels said:
Where are you guys getting the modified google music beta widget from? The default widget is really ugly.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=990014

Lot's of apps in that thread have had their widget's made transparent for a cleaner look. Just uninstall the one you currently have, and then install the version you download from that thread.

Google Music Beta
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14246173&postcount=511

Google+
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15267121&postcount=634

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Got my first Android phone about a week ago! I haven't rooted it but I've done some simple customizations.

2NEfw.png

Lock screen with Widget Locker and SiMi Clock:

Gj7od.jpg

Launcher Pro Plus, Beautiful Widgets, and Snowstorm. I'm still playing around with weather skins and going back and forth between white themed and colorful ones. Not sure if I need the 3rd screen actually, still debating what to put there. And I know this doesn't match my lock screen.

3N1Ax.png

Demonstrating SiMi Folder on the dock for easy access to the apps I use the most.

Wallpapers:
http://i.imgur.com/eOkeB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Cm8Ih.jpg

Jeels

Circle T said:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=990014

Lot's of apps in that thread have had their widget's made transparent for a cleaner look. Just uninstall the one you currently have, and then install the version you download from that thread.

Google Music Beta
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14246173&postcount=511

Google+
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15267121&postcount=634

Thanks!

And wow A Ref. for only a few weeks you have a much better looking set up than most Android users!

Ulairi

Banned
I just ordered a Google Nexus S 4G how difficult are these customizations to do? I've been downloading wallpapers and things but I'm wondering how to do the icon changes.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ulairi said:
I just ordered a Google Nexus S 4G how difficult are these customizations to do? I've been downloading wallpapers and things but I'm wondering how to do the icon changes.

Piece of cake. Get a new launcher, then almost everything opens up for access and changing.

Some launchers:
Launcher Pro
Go Launcher
ADW
Zeam
there are tons/

Gibbo

I'm such a noob at this :( This was taken from my Samsung Galaxy S2 which I bought just 2 days ago; after 3 years of being an I-phone user

Bought Widgetlocker on the recommendation of several members here- and what a good purchase it was. One thing tho- is there anyway to customize my icons on the lock screen? I bought Better cut but it seems that changes made via that program is restricted to the home screen

2uthw14.png

Ulairi

Banned
I just got my Nexus S today in the mail and I'm having trouble getting any of the stuff I'm trying to do to look as good as what has been posted here. How difficult is this stuff? LauncherPro was easy to get going but getting the widgets not to completely ruin the background is pretty hard. Also, I tried to put some images on my device and make them my wallpaper but I'm only given this little orange box that cannot be increased to cover the whole image. Is it possible to set a whole image as a background?

Thanks!

Circle T

Ulairi said:
I just got my Nexus S today in the mail and I'm having trouble getting any of the stuff I'm trying to do to look as good as what has been posted here. How difficult is this stuff?
Give an example of something you're trying to replicate, and I can give some tips on how it might be done.
Ulairi said:
Also, I tried to put some images on my device and make them my wallpaper but I'm only given this little orange box that cannot be increased to cover the whole image. Is it possible to set a whole image as a background?
For the Nexus S, you want your wallpapers to be 960x800 for best results. I just have a folder on the phone called "Wallpaper" where I put them all. Then, just long-press on the desktop, select "Wallpaper", then "Gallery", then find the image you want when Gallery opens. If you touch the orange box, and drag it outward, it SHOULD increase to highlight the full image. That box is constrained to the proportions that wallpapers are supposed to be, so if your wallpaper is 960x800 to start, you just need to expand it all the way to show the full image.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ulairi

Banned
Circle T said:
Give an example of something you're trying to replicate, and I can give some tips on how it might be done.

For the Nexus S, you want your wallpapers to be 960x800 for best results. I just have a folder on the phone called "Wallpaper" where I put them all. Then, just long-press on the desktop, select "Wallpaper", then "Gallery", then find the image you want when Gallery opens. If you touch the orange box, and drag it outward, it SHOULD increase to highlight the full image. That box is constrained to the proportions that wallpapers are supposed to be, so if your wallpaper is 960x800 to start, you just need to expand it all the way to show the full image.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I'm trying to mimic this one:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28174104&postcount=1050

I'm having issues getting the 5 icons set and with the weather widgets getting the ability to alter the colours.

Ulairi

Banned
Now anytime I try to do anything ADW EX Launcher keeps crashing and causing my phone not to work. Is there a way to remove it and go back to Launcher Pro?

Circle T

Ulairi said:
I'm trying to mimic this one:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28174104&postcount=1050

I'm having issues getting the 5 icons set and with the weather widgets getting the ability to alter the colours.
For AiX Weather, I simply turned off the "Top Text" and the "Day/Night Effect" in the UI Settings. Then I just set the remaining items to white, except for the "Above Freezing" color, which I made purple to match the wallpaper.

For the Beautiful Widgets forecast, the skin I used is called "Flat White" which I downloaded from within the widget settings. Then I set a "4x1" widget, and unchecked the box to "Hide Current Weather" while setting it up. If you check that, it will simply have the 4 forecast icons.

Ulairi said:
Now anytime I try to do anything ADW EX Launcher keeps crashing and causing my phone not to work. Is there a way to remove it and go back to Launcher Pro?
If you want to switch to LP, simply install it, and then when you attempt to go "Home" the first time, it should ask you which launcher you want to use.

If you ever want to switch back to stock, but leave LP or ADW installed, go to....

Settings --> Applications --> Manage Apps --> {Current Launcher}

.... and clear data. This will reset the defaults, and it will ask you when going home again. This time just select the stock launcher, and you'll be back to stock.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Ulairi

Banned
I had to reset my device because anytime I made a change to anything all the apps would quit automatically and the phone was unusable.

squared

Ah, I KNEW there'd be a thread like this somwhere on GAF :)

Here are some shots from me, my current one is this first one:

circular_by_squaredd-d3jn2uf.jpg

vertigo_by_squaredd-d35bzdh.jpg

whitesmooth_by_squaredd-d34h02a.png

desire_hd_dec_01_by_squaredd-d33zg88.jpg

desire_hd___1_by_squaredd-d33x3o1.jpg

seb

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
Where are people getting their wallpapers from?

I like "HD Wallpapers" from the market (ad supported) because it gives you the exact resolution for your device.

abunai

Collage.png

wallpaper was a random image i found with gaussian blur, can upload if requested.

Icons are purityFS, clock is mclock with MIUI .xml theme

squared

Which one? :p The white analog clock is MIUI Analog clock, the day/date text is mClock, the weather is Beautiful Widgets with Tick-skin, and the semi-transparent dark background box is a modified .apk of SmoothCalendar, with the actual calendar part removed :)

Gibbo

squared said:
Which one? :p The white analog clock is MIUI Analog clock, the day/date text is mClock, the weather is Beautiful Widgets with Tick-skin, and the semi-transparent dark background box is a modified .apk of SmoothCalendar, with the actual calendar part removed :)

Whats the wallpaper for the first image? I NEEDS IT!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Decided to go for really minimal. Haven't used my Evo as much since I got a tablet, so now I use it to tether 4G. With that said, I use Gmail, SMS, and of course the phone. Along with dropbox. Those are in the dock (invisible):

1ZANj.png

tirminyl

Stat Flow said:
Decided to go for really minimal. Haven't used my Evo as much since I got a tablet, so now I use it to tether 4G. With that said, I use Gmail, SMS, and of course the phone. Along with dropbox. Those are in the dock (invisible):

I would LOVE to have that wallpaper sir.

ueo119

Banned
StatFlow, what music player/widget are you using? been looking for a very minimal music widget for my lockscreen. thanks in advance

I completely reworked my homescreen. Before it looked like this:
Valkw.png

and now it looks like this:
screenshot-13105882191tm4s.png

and the right screen with a folder open:
screenshot-1310588267168dq.png

The bad part is, I've completely run out of ideas for the left screen...

Top Bottom