• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

bolbronx

To those using the Beautiful Home with blackcashmere, and are cropping the weather.

How do you crop it? I have Launcher Pro, but can only kinda squish it together

bolbronx said:
To those using the Beautiful Home with blackcashmere, and are cropping the weather.

How do you crop it? I have Launcher Pro, but can only kinda squish it together
In LP Prefernces > Homescreen Settings there's an option to Auto-Fit Items. That might be it.

Circle T

Tweaked again. Daft Punk and Android just go soooo well together :]

Minimalistic Text - Clock & Battery
AiX Weather - Weather Grid
Beautiful Widgets - 4x1 Weather
Google Music Beta

kqH8I.png
RLjCf.png

AEVQ1.png
Lke8W.png

Circle T said:
Tweaked again. Daft Punk and Android just go soooo well together :]

Minimalistic Text - Clock & Battery
Google Music Beta

http://i.imgur.com/kqH8I.png[img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/RLjCf.png[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/AEVQ1.png[img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Lke8W.png/img][/QUOTE]
:bow You seriously have a good eye for this, dude. I should go back and tweak my phone a bit.

Circle T

The Broken Ska Record said:
:bow You seriously have a good eye for this, dude. I should go back and tweak my phone a bit.
Thanks a lot! I usually leave it for a while, until I find a new wallpaper or font that spurs a new layout. I originally had this wallpaper normal, but it didn't work quite right. I inverted it, and that made all the difference. I don't keep a lot of icons or widgets on-screen, so that helps as well. Minimal layouts are easier to work.

Circle T

DXPett1 said:
How did you get that arrow on both lockscreen and dock? Is that a ADW EX thing?
The lockscreeen slider and arrow button are from a WidgetLocker theme called "X-Deep" that I use....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11764297&postcount=55

....so I just took the PNG of the slider button and trimmed it down square, and use it as my app drawer button....

http://i.imgur.com/PtEyw.png

PtEyw.png

I do use ADW, but any Home Launcher that lets you change dock icons will allow this. Well, that and using WidgetLocker to change lockscreen sliders and whatnot.

DXPett1

Circle T said:
The lockscreeen slider and arrow button are from a WidgetLocker theme called "X-Deep" that I use....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11764297&postcount=55

....so I just took the PNG of the slider button and trimmed it down square, and use it as my app drawer button....

http://i.imgur.com/PtEyw.png

PtEyw.png

I do use ADW, but any Home Launcher that lets you change dock icons will allow this. Well, that and using WidgetLocker to change lockscreen sliders and whatnot.

Thankyou very much

DSN2K

my current Tablet screen...only been using Android for about 2 weeks so still little slow on it all.

Unnamed.jpg

using Launcher Pro + Desktop Visualizer

I have a HTC G2 and would like to get into Roms and customization, can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do this?

thanks in advanced!

abunai

Meant to post this a while back, whoops.
Not much changed from last time. CM7, launcher pro, icons of which i forget the name but will upload on request. Wallpaper is from fiftyfootshadows iPad pack 1. Clock is BobClockD3.

Collage.png

DXPett1

abunai said:
Meant to post this a while back, whoops.
Not much changed from last time. CM7, launcher pro, icons of which i forget the name but will upload on request. Wallpaper is from fiftyfootshadows iPad pack 1. Clock is BobClockD3.

Collage.png

PurityFS HD (the icons)

Some of the wallpapers you guys have are amazing. Where do you guys get them? I can't seem to find a good quality wallpaper site for my androids. Suggestions?

Circle T said:
ADW EX Launcher
BobClock
SimiClock - Battery
Google Music Beta
Fancy Widgets - Miui Clock skin
Minimalistic Text

BSahi.png
could you post the source of that background? It's sick.

bolbronx

RoninChaos said:
Some of the wallpapers you guys have are amazing. Where do you guys get them? I can't seem to find a good quality wallpaper site for my androids. Suggestions?

Nearly all of my wallpapers are from wallbase, and found a few decent ones at deviantart

OT: How do you pronounce deviant art?

Milly79

Home:
LJqA0.jpg

Right:
oHCNK.jpg

I'm new to the Andrioid ecosystem. I wish I could change the status bar (then I would use it), but I guess you need a root for that. I also don't really know a good app to change the lock screen. I hate how it looks stock.

Launcher: ADWLauncher EX (I think I picked the wrong choice here, although I did read up user opinions on it. Seems like LauncherPro has more themes to use. This is still the default theme. Couldn't find any good ones).
Battery: BattStatt Pro
Weather: Minimalistic Text
Clock: Tajm
Toggles: PowerControl
Handcent SMS, Miren Browser, Seemsic.

Really like the minimalistic look I have going on. Wish I could improve it in a few ways, but I'm content as it is.

r1chard

I'm still working on getting the right background image (currently a blurred sci-fi scene but I'm looking for something with a bit of colour), but the content is otherwise what I want - agenda and weather info on the lock screen as well as direct access to turning tethering on/off and audio play/pause/skip controls. Direct access to the camera and phone from the lock screen are so useful!.

Lock screen (Widget Locker):
tXLJl.png

Home screen (GO Launcher):
S2Rj3.png

(left and right on the home screen are just app icons and thus too boring to post :)

Widgets are:
- Quick Agenda
- Make Your Clock
- Weather Au
- Widgetsoid

I've emailed the GO Launcher folk about the unnecessary space at the top of the home screen (where the screen switching selector would be if I had it enabled) which causes the content to bump down when I unlock. Slight annoyance, but bearable.

ty_hot

My home screen:

g4mlM.png

ZTE Blade running the latest CM Nightly
LauncherPro
Advanced Clock Widget
Circle Battery Widget
SiMi Weather widget

EGM92

s7evn said:
What news widget are you using if I might ask?
Minimal Reader Pro. The free version is good but the paid version has a lot more features that is really needed for an RSS reader. Also know that having more then 2 widgets running will drain your battery like a whore trying to pay the rent!

EGM92 said:
Minimal Reader Pro. The free version is good but the paid version has a lot more features that is really needed for an RSS reader. Also know that having more then 2 widgets running will drain your battery like a whore trying to pay the rent!
Like what? I'm curious if I should download it. Never used RSS stuff before.

womp

RoninChaos said:
Like what? I'm curious if I should download it. Never used RSS stuff before.

Just snag Google's Reader app for now and add some feeds via your PC (Easier and quicker to do IMO).

It will give you an idea of what RSS is about and in a great easy to use environment. I have used RSS Feeds for years now and it is even better on a smartphone.

Broseybrose

Ive got a dumb question for y'all. I installed Launcher Pro Plus on my Tmo SGS4G and i love it, but i was wondering how to change the dock icons to stock froyo icons and/or custom. I know if you long press on a dock icon a menu appears. You can choose to change icons from there. But it doesnt show either of the custom icon packs ive downloaded. My only options for dock icons are Launcher Pro and Custom, and when i choose custom it takes me to my fucking gallery? Am I supposed to manually move icon packs to my gallery? I dont even know where they land on my phone when i download them!

bolbronx said:
WWC7p.png

Anyone know of a transparent music widget?

And maybe an idea for the space above the Widgetsoid switches?

What are you using for your text icons? I downloaded Simplistic Text, but they don't look nearly as pretty or as big as those.

Broseybrose

Still trying to customize my dock icons...

Ive downloaded Honeycomb LPP Icon Pack as well as M22-3D Icon Pack. Im using M22-3D. They work great everywhere except the dock.

When i long press a dock icon and choose Change Icon, my only two options are the standard Launcher Pro icons and Custom which takes me directly to my gallery - no icon packs in there... I cant even choose my default Froyo icons.

Maybe if i can find the icon packs i downloaded wherever they are in my phones file structure and move them to a new gallery folder called icons?

What /dir do icon packs usually download to on the TMoSGS4G (SGH-T959V)?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You guys with your minimalist setups. They look nice but they'd drive me crazy from a usability standpoint. I hate the app drawer!

ShinNL

ZealousD said:
You guys with your minimalist setups. They look nice but they'd drive me crazy from a usability standpoint. I hate the app drawer!
I use a combination of switching screens with the dock bar, hiding apps in the app drawer (Launcher Pro) and custom icons in certain screens (main screens are minimalistic), so that way you have the best of worlds.

I already posted my stuff earlier in this thread, but here's a description on the usability:

Lock + Home:
CAP2010122016141.jpg
CAP2010122016142.jpg

Press "Apps Market" on the dock:
CAP2010122016154.jpg

All the apps I have on this page are hidden in the app drawer, which is assigned to my Home button. The Home button brings me to the Home screen first and if I press it again it opens the app drawer for the more obscure apps that I don't use often. Since I've hidden so much, it's only 1 page long.

bolbronx

peppermints said:
What are you using for your text icons? I downloaded Simplistic Text, but they don't look nearly as pretty or as big as those.

I already changed icons again, (Am i the only one with this problem?) but i'll see if i can find them somewhere on my pc.

Edit:

Found these two packs. Don't remember where i got them.

BD4ba.jpg

There's some triangles and stuff for the dock as well in there.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5344825/icons.zip

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
ZealousD said:

:) App drawer isn't so bad on ADWLauncher, with its ability to switch between application groups (I've got mine divided into games, most commonly used apps and the default all apps).

But I agree with the minimalism. Very pretty, but it would drive me mad. I try to pack as much as I can into my three middle screens.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
can anyone help me get android on my HTC HD2 (not dual boot)? I've read some guides on xda-developers etc., but it's not newbie friendly.

are there any simple guides or installers that automate the process?

Top Bottom