• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

oatmeal said:
I'll probably get killed for posting this (due to the width) but...

My view:

panorama.jpg

I thought I recognized that skyline from your window. Fuck, great setup!

Roat

Banned
Did some new pics, went back to my PC gaming roots after trying the big screen

As it turns out CE figures make great bookends:
IMG_0484.jpg

Cable pic:
IMG_0485.jpg

Desk:
img_492.jpg

Night shot (old):
setup2ud7.jpg

oatmeal said:
How is that an old pic? I've never posted it on this forum before...unless you've seen it somewhere else.

Construction has been over at the ACC for years now. Guess it could be an additional parking lot maybe.

oatmeal

Banned
No, the pic is a couple of months old...

It's not construction of the ACC that you're seeing, it's the condo on the right, and the office buildings on the left.

And I did get the 2000th post, not with that one, but on the last page before.

Here is my humble setup, nothing special... My room is pretty messy right now, but I'll be moving out soon.

My PC in work mode:
2004206931905580920_rs.jpg

Close-up on Samsung LNS3251D 32" 720p LCD HDTV
2004220682506525979_rs.jpg

The hardware:
2004223903765391091_rs.jpg

Games:
2004267326807463349_rs.jpg

More games (and a few Blu Ray movies):
2004237194308286165_rs.jpg

theultimo

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

This is my setup, its a bit "eh"

42 inch Maxtent plasma driving PS3 (Comp) + 360 (HDMI)+ Gaming PC (VGA) + Region Free PS2 (Comp) on Klispch Promedia speakers.

Works excellent, although a bit cramped.

100_0626.jpg

100_0627.jpg

100_0628.jpg

I'm slowly completing my setup, been working on audio recently.

What I have so far:

Optoma HD7100 projector
Onkyo TX-SR304 - 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver
Axiom Millennia M60 v2 Towers for my L & R
Axiom VP150 v2 Center
Toshiba HD-DVD player HD-A2
Wii

agDSG.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

Sin & Punishment
DSCF0187.jpg

Metroid Prime 3
DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

Next is a 360 & sub woofer:D

oatmeal

Banned
Kind of a random question, but does anyone know how to adjust the contrast on a Sony A2000?

It's no where in the options and everything is a little...washed out because the contrast is too low.

I can't figure it out, damnit.

BdoUK

oatmeal said:
Kind of a random question, but does anyone know how to adjust the contrast on a Sony A2000?

It's no where in the options and everything is a little...washed out because the contrast is too low.

I can't figure it out, damnit.

I'm not familiar with that particular model, but many TVs use the term "Picture" in place of "Contrast". They mean the same thing.

That being said it is usually brightness that causes a washed out look. The only way you're going to be able to properly setup the brightness and contrast is to use a series of test patterns. Avia and DVE are good DVDs for this but you can also find patterns on many THX certified DVDs.

oatmeal

Banned
Yah, it has picture...

Maybe the bulb is messed up or something. Or maybe it just doesn't do well with details.

I was playing Halo 3 on it with my buddy on his 24" Dell and it looks nice, but washed out. I've done a bunch of tweaks but nothing helped too much. I've done the THX disks before and I thought it was good...but other stuff just lacks detail.

It's strange. Some stuff looks amazing...some stuff...not so much.

guess

gaf5.jpg

Samsung 40 inch LN-S4095D

gaf1.jpg

my huge collection of 5 games and slim ps2

gaf4.jpg

gaf3.jpg

Slam Brands Pro Gaming Center/TV Stand officially licensed for Xbox 360. Too bad that I don't have a 360.
Wii, where a 360 is supposed to be; old panasonic dvd player, movies, and a bunch of wires behind the glass.

gaf2.jpg

I need to figure out what to do with the surround speakers sitting on the sides of the couch.

Pachinko

Pubba's pic is disgustingly messy but here's the thing, I see tatami floors which means that's probally his entire house in that picture , japanese apartment style. Still, dude, clean up, it must be a nest of bacteria in there.

Soul4ger

Why would anyone buy the HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of Planet Earth? Isn't it missing like two or four hours of content or something?

dankir

Soul4ger said:
Why would anyone buy the HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of Planet Earth? Isn't it missing like two or four hours of content or something?

Where did you hear that? I have the HD DVD version and its on 4 discs all 12 episodes.

fernoca

I posted this ain another thread, so here it goes..
Crappy picture alert...again:
141utz7.jpg

Still early, since I'm planning on painting the entire room white and change some stuff...

CAVE343

guess said:
gaf3.jpg

Slam Brands Pro Gaming Center/TV Stand officially licensed for Xbox 360. Too bad that I don't have a 360.
Wii, where a 360 is supposed to be; old panasonic dvd player, movies, and a bunch of wires behind the glass.

Wow! that Tv stand is awesome, and the low board looks very very slick. Nice setup!

dankir said:
Where did you hear that? I have the HD DVD version and its on 4 discs all 12 episodes.

The Blu-ray and HD-DVD versions of Planet Earth are missing all the "behind the scenes" footage of how they made each episode. Really pissed me off when I found this out.

Everything is currently in complete disarray because I'm moving in a week and a half, but I feel my current transitional setup needs to be posted. It's more or less just the "bare essentials." Most of what's in this photo will be moved last, if at all.

office chair in the front? for resting my legs.

cooler on the floor? full of beer.

Honestly, I don't mind being without furniture as much as I thought I would. Using the PC is a bitch now, though. Sitting on the floor to type this post was uncomfortable.

zedge said:
Jesus man.. you can get computer desks for $20 or less at Walmart for crying out loud..

True, but then I would have something else I'll need to move. Why add new furniture to this house when it's all getting moved out anyway? My plan is to buy a new one when I'm settled in the new place, that way I can get it delivered. In the meantime, I have about a week to cope with the floor.

arogan

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_5303.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

IMG_5387.JPG

Just finished upgrading my home theater. More pics and details here.
- Sharp Aquos LC-52D64U 52" LCD HDTV
- Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver
- speakers: Definitive Technology ProCinema 1000 Plus: 4X ProMonitor 1000, ProCenter 2000, ProSub 1000
- furniture: BDI Avion 8529 (espresso)
- Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD
- HTPC
- ps3, 360 with hd-dvd drive, wii

mrklaw

MrArseFace
guess said:
gaf2.jpg

I need to figure out what to do with the surround speakers sitting on the sides of the couch.

put one on that brick wall to the left of your sofa, and the other on the opposite wall if possible. They shouldn't be behind you, but roughly in line with your ears on either side, pointing in.

they look small, do they have holes to mount on screws?

lovely setup BTW.

gstaff

mrklaw said:
put one on that brick wall to the left of your sofa, and the other on the opposite wall if possible. They shouldn't be behind you, but roughly in line with your ears on either side, pointing in.

they look small, do they have holes to mount on screws?

lovely setup BTW.

That couch haunts me. Mine collapsed. I guess I shouldnt have let people sleep on it.

To get it out of my apartment, I ended up taking a knife and ripping it apart and dumping the shopping cart full-o-couch in an allye.

cilonen

dankir said:

It doesn't have the 'Planet Earth Diaries' which were ten minute video diary segments from the camaramen on how they filmed the episode at the end of each episode.

11x10 = 110mins missing; plus the three 'Planet Earth; The Future' conservation documentaries, which were 50 mins or so each.

IMO the high-def picture quality makes up for it though.

Top Bottom