• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

Where I come from, we measure image size in feet. xD.

14.5 ft wide (175" diagonal) 2.4 image. Sim2 HT380 projector with Panamorph UH480 lens.
waltdisney.jpg

I remember getting a demo of this projector a while ago. The optics some of the best I've seen, and the PQ looked AMAZING! I think you have a build thread over on AVS?

Ceebs

This thread makes me jealous.

This is where I do all my gaming.

photo22u7d.jpg

I should get some new speakers but those 10+ year old Boston Acoustics (which have been missing the stands for years) still sound fantastic. I mainly play stuff with the headphones anyway.

elmalloc

Hello,

Yes that is the build thread. I haven't come to NEOGAF in a while. The Sim2 HT380 theater is not set up yet.

I demolished the basement a couple years ago and only started to really work on it the past few months.

The optics on the HT380 are really great, the projector is very sharp and in bright scenes it can blind you (even at large image sizes). It's paired with an anamorphic lens (Panamorph UH480). Both have probably collected enough dust that their PQ is probably not good.

I have a double studded room in the basement where it will live, 17ft throw - through the lens results in about 14.5 ft wide image. Speakers will go behind the screen (acoustically transparent material).

Right now, I'm almost done with the 3D theater (which will be used for gaming and watching 3D movies at 1.78 ratio). I'm also working on the basement lounge area/kitchen.

One of the secret projects you guys will probably like is I'm building out a 4 player HOME LAN area (4 identical PCs). That way nobody can complain someone's PC, monitor, or mouse is better - xD. Although mouse is sometimes a user preference...

I wish I had room/budget for 8 PCs. 2v2 is not always a fun time, 4v4 on the other hand..

Here's an off topic post - got this done in the backyard this year:

I landscaped this from scratch! I don't seem to play videogames anymore (just build things inside and work on landscaping, lol):

ELmO

elmalloc

HAHA, yes - the first day about 5 kids came over (thinking it was putt-putt mini golf???). I put an end to that.

The next door neighbor putted on it the next day. Other than that I haven't had my "grand opening" of the backyard yet, for some reason I don't like having people see things in person until I have it fully done.

Thanks!!

krispyk

HAHA, yes - the first day about 5 kids came over (thinking it was putt-putt mini golf???). I put an end to that.

The next door neighbor putted on it the next day. Other than that I haven't had my "grand opening" of the backyard yet, for some reason I don't like having people see things in person until I have it fully done.

Thanks!!

Fantastic looking place, I am well jel!

I wish I lived in the US sometimes, that place would probably cost you 7 figures over the pond!

HildyB

Outstanding. I wonder if my wife would go for that type of setup? Maybe add a mini driving range.

As I was just scrolling down my wife walked up behind me, placed a hand lovingly on my shoulder, leaned in, kissed my cheek and whispered, "no" and walked away. lol

spadge

This thread makes me jealous.

This is where I do all my gaming.

photo22u7d.jpg

I should get some new speakers but those 10+ year old Boston Acoustics (which have been missing the stands for years) still sound fantastic. I mainly play stuff with the headphones anyway.

Your setup is so similar to mine, its scary.

I have:
Crossover 27Q
Logitech G500
Grado SR80
Steelseries mousemat

We even have a similar looking desk!

Top Bottom