• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

PureSolidness

Neo Member
My setup for the end of 2012, built for work first, gaming secondary, I did a full renovation last summer.
Will be changing up my setup come spring time 2013 :)
Videos:
Short setup vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEtIdsMA7HQ
In depth setup vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJthAX4RlPA
My rig in it's 2010/2011 form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZZOjj9GCcA

Pictures: I'll start in chronological order:
2008: Poor-college-student setup :S
dscf0601fb.jpg

Summer 2011: Before renovation. I used to work in this trainwreck...
dsc00636fb.jpg

Mid-reno process:
dsc00657fb.jpg

dsc00659fb.jpg

Sept/Oct 2011:
Immediately post-reno, something doesn't look right, such a tiny desk.
dsc00679fb.jpg

Trip to Ikea to get some supplies...
dsc00692fbk.jpg

dsc00707fb.jpg

Desk done, now looks funny with just 2 monitors
dsc00711fb.jpg

Added a BenQ XL2410t (farthest right monitor):
dsc00748fb.jpg

dsc00753fb.jpg

2012: Got an Aeron, best 1000$ investment I've made, highly recommend
dsc00907fb.jpg

And here's a collage of the evolution of my setup that I made for the 2012 thread.
setupcollage.jpg

Loxley

You know, part of me wishes I still had my ol' college-issued white Macbook from 2007. Thing was a dirt-magnet though.

Oxn

My setup for the end of 2012, built for work first, gaming secondary, I did a full renovation last summer.
Videos:
Short setup vid:
In depth setup vid:

dscf0601fb.jpg

Summer 2011: Before renovation. I used to work in this trainwreck...
dsc00636fb.jpg

Mid-reno process:
dsc00657fb.jpg

dsc00659fb.jpg

Sept/Oct 2011:
Immediately post-reno, something doesn't look right, such a tiny desk.
dsc00679fb.jpg

Trip to Ikea to get some supplies...
dsc00692fbk.jpg

dsc00707fb.jpg

Desk done, now looks funny with just 2 monitors
dsc00711fb.jpg

Added a BenQ XL2410t (farthest right monitor):
dsc00748fb.jpg

dsc00753fb.jpg

2012: Got an Aeron, best 1000$ investment I've made, highly recommend
dsc00907fb.jpg

And here's a collage of the evolution of my setup that I made for the 2012 thread.
setupcollage.jpg

At what point in those years did you starr making alot of money

eXistor

well sometimes I buy in bulk. But collecting for me, is not about throwing big piles of money at it. It's all in connections, searching, patience and knowledge to find the best items for great prices :)

Cool, I didn't know you were Dutch btw! I just happened upon a video of yours on the Retrogamebeurs Deurne page on facebook (I'm planning on going again next month). I had a blast last time I was there, this time I'm bringing more money though, got my eye on some cool stuffs.

JimmyBashhead

Neo Member
Setup of 2012:

86d5dc-1341134997.jpg

I changed a bit but there are some parts missing.. i will never be done with this haha :)

So here is my current setup for 2013. I hope i will change some things at summer..
How should i manage my cables ?

Setup 2013

I quick overview: Tv by Philips 55" | BenQ Monitor24" back in my room connected with the ps3 | LG Home Cinema 5.1 | Lenovo Notebook | random Keyboard and mouse
01e03a-1359374128.jpg

2be20b-1359374226.jpg

Still using my iPad 1. I Love it. Listen to Music, watching on Youtube..
301491-1359374270.jpg

Destroyed 2 controllers by throwing it against a wall.. i fckn hate FIFA ;)
So a good friend bought me this case haha
5a48d6-1359374388.jpg

Don't know what to do :(( HELP ! (PM)
6c2562-1359374511.jpg

2 Speakers of my 5.1 Home Cinema
the red light is about 8 metres long and goes along the wall.. ~20 euros..
51c83a-1359374559.jpg

Sorry for my bad english, correct me, if you want to :)
Jimmy from Germany

Chulonyc

Banned
A few commentators on here that gave me ideas. I read through this thread and saw some pics that inspired me and i ended up investing in an Optoma Projector and a 120 Fiva screen.
I cannot tell you how happy i am.

The projector is an Optoma h20 hd 1080p projector and works beautifully. Its like having a cinema in my house and it can go up to 300 inches. I have a 120 inch Fiva screen which fits my living room perfect.

Im in the process of redoing my living room so i dont have pics to show yet but will real soon. Once again thanks guys for posting and pointing me in the right direction in regards to the hardware.

By the way i also have a 50 inch lg 1080p lcd i game on and a Sammsung 55 inch 3D tv.

JimmyBashhead

Neo Member
A few commentators on here that gave me ideas. I read through this thread and saw some pics that inspired me and i ended up investing in an Optoma Projector and a 120 Fiva screen.
I cannot tell you how happy i am.

The projector is an Optoma h20 hd 1080p projector and works beautifully. Its like having a cinema in my house and it can go up to 300 inches. I have a 120 inch Fiva screen which fits my living room perfect.

Im in the process of redoing my living room so i dont have pics to show yet but will real soon. Once again thanks guys for posting and pointing me in the right direction in regards to the hardware.

By the way i also have a 50 inch lg 1080p lcd i game on and a Sammsung 55 inch 3D tv.

If it's ready, i want to see pics :) gz

reKon

Banned
Can anyone help me with purchasing a TV stand for my living room? I'm not looking to get something in the hundreds of dollars. I think that ideally for my room want the stand to be glass/metal (black) and kind of modern looking to fit in with the rest of the room rather than a bulky dark wood or black TV stand/media center.

I couldn't find ANY online impression of this stand from IKEA, but it seems like it would be a good choice: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40213311/

The TV I'm most likely going to get is the Panasonic UT50, 55 inches and around 66 pounds. Is there any reason that I should not be getting a stand like this?

I plan on having my PS3, Wii, HD cable box, a cable modem, and router on this stand and nothing else. I have a big storage shelving unit which will store all of my games and blu-rays.

Here's another that I was looking at:
http://www.target.com/p/room-essent...al_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickEV|item_page.vertical_1

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Videos:
Short setup vid:
In depth setup vid:

You have lived in the same college house for 5 years? That is impressive.

eso76

lol no offence but this not seems a real house to me. it seems a set for a tv gay sitcom.

i see nothing gay about it, it's beautiful.
It's true that it doesn't look like a real house though, i like minimal, but i can't believe someone actually lives there :)

daveo42

Banned
i see nothing gay about it, it's beautiful.
It's true that it doesn't look like a real house though, i like minimal, but i can't believe someone actually lives there :)

Same here. Looks like a model apartment in an Ikea magazine. It's beautiful, but if I lived there, it wouldn't look nearly as nice and clean.

Dragon

Banned
I don't agree, but funny regardless

Any post prefaced with "no offense" and then something negative always cracks me up. Obviously the person knows it's going to be offensive and yet they say it anyway.

Anyway if Chittachong is gay I'm sure his significant other must be pretty confused!

mensola

Banned
TV set I could sorta see it... where do you get the gay from though?

the general vibe of the house, no photo, no children's toy, no sort of anything in sight, apple shit everywhere, not even food in the kitchen
it does not seems like a normal house, it seems something studied and prepared and forced to be cool, something settled for a gay tv sitcom.

the general vibe of the house, no photo, no children's toy, no sort of anything in sight, apple shit everywhere, not even food in the kitchen
it does not seems like a normal house, it seems something studied and prepared and forced to be cool, something settled for a gay tv sitcom.

Don't you see the apples on the kitchen counter?

Buttons

Really funny how some people seem to think that having a good taste and liking a clean, minimalist style has something to do with their sexual preferences.

To me it looks like a normal, well thought out house/apartment. Not everyone's houses are messy with toys lying around, food not stored in the cupboards and mismatched flowery couches from the 80s. (*insert sarcasm and messy house stereotype*)

It's just a personal preference, I keep my bathroom and kitchen that clean as well. If I use something I put it back into the cupboard, everything has it's place. I just don't leave my stuff lying around.

slider

rotfl i can't believe you guys (girls? :D) are giving me shit about that post. it was only an opinion.

it was not intended to offend that dude, i made it clear.

Of course you didn't mean to offend (and I genuinely think you didn't) but "no offence" shouldn't be enough!

Peace.

Mascot

I guess the days when Juniors trod on eggshells and politely doffed their hats to other members are a dim and distant memory.

It's a new world order, folks.

Swarley

50" Panasonic Vierra plasma, Onkyo receiver and surround (speakers to be replaced soon), Xbox 360 Slim, PS3 Slim, Astro A50 headset, Hauppauge HD PVR 2
Moving in the next month or two, so it wont stay like this for long.
6CA5E83B-B919-44C4-A061-AF0B0917F0C7-2078-000000DD284C7CA4-1_zpsadea6827.jpg

CC09C704-553C-42A4-A885-A6CD425C1B35-2078-000000DAD29F1122-1_zps47fcdd6a.jpg

My Vita...
4ECE73DD-1980-4E36-856E-AD5BB9D149E1-2078-000000DC108DBEA6-1_zps17d53dc5.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
I did once almost buy the Friends of Dorothy piece by Banksy at Nelly Duff's. Now I regret my wallet was not ready.

sp3ctr3

Looks like a modern home in Scandinavia. Some like it minimalistic, which is all the craze here right now. Everything hidden away to get that super clean/minimalistic look. Mine looks similar but not with that fancy expensive looking furniture.

Could people please stop quoting entire posts that are full of pictures, there's been two alredy on this page alone.

Yeah, seriously. All to say a few-word short sentence of no value most of the time.
Can a mod edit the quoted images out of these types of post? Really bloats these pages up sometimes.
Because these guys typically don't tend to read these posts. Or they do and don't care. After that guy presumably gets his "vacation ticket" away from this place for that "gay sitcom" remark, I don't think he'll be editing it...or able to.

Come on guys, be professional and respectful. There's some seriously impressive stuff posted here now and in the past, and to discourage others from posting due to fear of hearing from commentators like that is terrible, and missing out on seeing impressive and inspiring room design and setups would be terrible. One, among some others, in particular have given me inspiration, putting an image to my vision of an incredible media setup and room design, color use, etc.

Or maybe a rule placed in the thread title or OP "NO QUOTING GIANT POSTS! TAKE OUT

mensola

Banned
Yeah, seriously. All to say a few-word short sentence of no value most of the time.
Can a mod edit the quoted images out of these types of post? Really bloats these pages up sometimes.
Because these guys typically don't tend to read these posts. Or they do and don't care. After that guy presumably gets his "vacation ticket" away from this place for that "gay sitcom" remark, I don't think he'll be editing it...or able to.

Come on guys, be professional and respectful. There's some seriously impressive stuff posted here now and in the past, and to discourage others from posting due to fear of hearing from commentators like that is terrible, and missing out on seeing impressive and inspiring room design and setups would be terrible. One, among some others, in particular have given me inspiration, putting an image to my vision of an incredible media setup and room design, color use, etc.

Or maybe a rule placed in the thread title or OP "NO QUOTING GIANT POSTS! TAKE OUT TAGS OR JUST QUOTE SELECT IMAGES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR REPLIE'S COMMENT"[/QUOTE]

here, take a kleenex.

zon

I guess the days when Juniors trod on eggshells and politely doffed their hats to other members are a dim and distant memory.

It's a new world order, folks.

Juniors like that has always existed on gaf. They always get culled after a while, too.

Top Bottom