• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

One aspect of my new apartment that seems severely lacking compared to other setups is art on the walls. My walls look very bare. I'd like to get some three piece style canvas art. Where do you guys recommend buying this stuff online?

Try Etsy. There is a ton of original stuff available and most of the artists ship internationally.

Gekidami

Banned
One aspect of my new apartment that seems severely lacking compared to other setups is art on the walls. My walls look very bare. I'd like to get some three piece style canvas art. Where do you guys recommend buying this stuff online?
I've gotten a few things from RedBubble, they have some decent stuff and ship everywhere.

JMZ555

First up apologies for the iphone camera quality :)

I have dedicated small projector room for movies/games. Its a complete black out room.

I switched to a projector+ 92" screen 4-5 years ago and will never go back to a tv.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nice. How big is the room? I have a converted garage which would be easy to light control, but it is very narrow (about 2.5m wide)

Our projector is currently in the lounge which is white, has south facing windows across the entire room, and is almost impossible to light control - so contrast is crap or we only watch in the winter.

eXistor

allposters.com have a pretty decent selection of all kinds of wall art.

JMZ555

Nice. How big is the room? I have a converted garage which would be easy to light control, but it is very narrow (about 2.5m wide)

Our projector is currently in the lounge which is white, has south facing windows across the entire room, and is almost impossible to light control - so contrast is crap or we only watch in the winter.

Not a big room is about 5x5m i think. Was main reason i bought the house. Its a extra room at end of narrow hallway. My bluray Shelves picture is the the hallway just outside the room. I like to keep as much stuff out of the room itself so when you you use it , all you see is the screen when lights off, helps with immersion/contrast etc

TMC

allposters.com have a pretty decent selection of all kinds of wall art.

I've gotten a few things from RedBubble, they have some decent stuff and ship everywhere.

Try Etsy. There is a ton of original stuff available and most of the artists ship internationally.

Here in the Netherlands we have loads of canvas printing companies that let you design custom prints on canvas of all sorts of sizes, including three piece versions. Got my stuff at webprint.nl and hema. I have no clue where you live though:p

Thank you all so much for your recommendations! I will check them all out. Located in the US. Forgot to mention that!

Maplar

Neo Member
My setup:

z8fKUL6l.jpg

BNFsjaRl.jpg

My view ♥:

xcgXzsWl.jpg

Beautifully done! The view is also perfect.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not a big room is about 5x5m i think. Was main reason i bought the house. Its a extra room at end of narrow hallway. My bluray Shelves picture is the the hallway just outside the room. I like to keep as much stuff out of the room itself so when you you use it , all you see is the screen when lights off, helps with immersion/contrast etc

Lol. In the UK 5x5m is a big room :)

Nightz

This thread always makes me so jealous. My place is a mess at the moment, I can't wait to move and get a proper setup.
I've come to grips with the fact that I'll never have the funds or a space big enough to do some of the things that people have posted. It's still awesome seeing their setups though.

Caja 117

After seen some of the gaming setups, Can i get some tips on making mine look more neat, talking about the amount of cords and cables? I have right now Xbox 360, Cable box, 1 tv, one monitor, Xbox One and PS4 (as well as the router with the Ethernet cable for 2 of the consoles), much appreciate for any tips on how to not make it look so messy around the tv/electronic stand.

I wouldn't mind seeing what people load out with when they leave the house, like a What's In Your Bag thread. Like if you leave with more than one game, how are you carrying it, etc. Every time I go into the office it feels like I'm loaded for geek wars.

adin75

Wow, some really impressive set ups and game collections here.

Will post some pics of mine when the new house is built and I'm all set up.

I wouldn't mind seeing what people load out with when they leave the house, like a What's In Your Bag thread. Like if you leave with more than one game, how are you carrying it, etc. Every time I go into the office it feels like I'm loaded for geek wars.

I really like this idea! I only have one home console (my playstation 3), but I'm always loaded up on gadgets. I also have an obsession with changing my carrying cases every other week it seems.

I have this for my desk. I work from home so it gets a lot of use and if I sit properly gives excellent back support.

I got mine for about $50 as there was a small mark on it. Not sure it is worth 125 GBP.

If you are looking for comfort, I am never uncomfortable in it just don't expect luxury and go have a sit in it for 30 minutes while at your local Ikea. (Then buy as many Ikea hotdogs as possible)

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that one of those chairs that cost more than some peoples rigs? lol. Better be the most comfortable chair in existence.

It's much more about health than comfort (although they are quite comfortable).

I have a serious love hate relationship with this thread. On one hand it gives me some great ideas for mine, but on the other it just makes me really jelly. Lol

Wow, some really amazing setups in this thread. Here's mine:

Desk
apartment01.jpg

Entertainment center
apartment02.jpg

PC
guts_all.jpg

Pioneer Kuro 500M, Denon 2809 receiver, Klipsch Icon V-series speakers. PC is hooked up to the TV of course. Window behind the TV looks much brighter than it actually is because I had to open the blinds a bit to get a good shot and I have a bad camera. I also have a PS4, but haven't taken a new picture.

Love your set up and your art : )

big_z

I love threads like this, hate being late to the party but here's my setup, please excuse the wires! :)

http://www.silv4.com/images/E3-4.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.silv4.com/images/E3-5.jpg[IMG]

Few shots of my collection:

[IMG]http://www.silv4.com/images/collect42014.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.silv4.com/images/E3-2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.silv4.com/images/LEs.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://silv4.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_3350.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

did Microsoft ever unban your account and console after the rayman thing?

IrishNinja

I have a Denon AVR, 5 speakers, 1 subwoofer, multiple charging / dock areas, 6 consoles, and multiple other home theatre components.

Do you see a cable? Good system is no excuse for laziness.

ehh i tend to agree but that's kinda amateur hour though

7 speakers
2 subs
14 systems

only wires exposed are wired controllers (glorious) and the upscaler, though

Wow, halfway through the year and I haven't posted in this thread yet. Well, not too much has changed since last year; I have the same utilitarian setup as always. I did get a new TV (a Sony W900A), and the PS4 and XB1. Oh, and a few posters framed.

P1010278_zpsf13461cb.jpg

P1010279_zpsbf9b2cf1.jpg

P1010280_zpsa3d92181.jpg

First time posting to this thread. Be gentle. PC and Retron 5 hooked up in my office. (The WiiU is upstairs so the kids can also use it.)

photo1_zps45311335.jpg

photo2_zps603e66ac.jpg

photo3_zpsc1f22099.jpg

damn...see, these are some collections worth having, right here

vvise

I'm building a new computer case and I feel like this is a good place to share it. The dimensions are 2 feet long, 1 foot across, 1/2 foot tall. The channel up the side will be for cable management.

the progress so far (don't worry that's a dead mobo used for reference) :
10475001_576842905770148_359691693_n.jpg

the plan:
BsOoyJPCEAEQsU5.png:large

I'll post pictures of my triple monitor setup when this bad boy is sitting next to it.

galperi1

IMG_20140228_114157_zpsc100a045.jpg

Long time lurker, but recently finished my 5.1 set up in my man "cove" and am pretty happy with it. Not the best picture but the set-up consists of the following

TV: Vizio M601-A3R
Media Unit: BDI Ola TV
Components Media Unit:
- Sony STR-DN840 Receiver
- PS3
- PS4
- Sony BDPS-470
- Panamax M5100-PM
- Cable Modem + Netgear Nighthawk (R7000)
Speakers: Infinity Primus (4 363's, PC351) and Outlaw Audio M8 sub (rear's and sub not pictured)

GlamFM

Banned
I will never understand why some people feel the need to put everything they own on display.

If you walked into my living room you would not be abel to tell that I play games at all.

Moodz

Our modest setup.
Patiently waiting for that PS4 or Xbox One (I haven't decided yet...)
I did my best with cable management but it's still a mess behind the 360 :(
We also definitely need some wall decoration!

ikrfRC4l.jpg

73ebKWwl.jpg

Just added a PS4 to the mix, so time to post my 2014 edition.

(At some point, I'll get around to re-arranging the systems and re-doing the cabling, but it was a lot easier, not to mention quicker, to put the PS4 and Wii U where they are now).

H6mo5zd.jpg

Wide shot of the living room

YdV5JTp.jpg

This side mostly unchanged from last year's setup

VvRle6L.jpg

My happy family of controllers; Wii U in the background

Kvji8ES.jpg

Under the TV.

5gvIw0m.jpg

Newest addition.

IUQnF92.jpg

View from the other side

ARrcmzD.jpg

Oh yeah, I got one of these since last year too!

PJbx4jy.jpg

The wall of games

vvise

Really cool! What are the middle fans for though? :)
Making something like that is one of my dreams. I'm not handy though, so it will probably never happen.

For a cpu radiator mount (single or double), and to keep the airflow constant throughout the case.

kamakazi5

Loving the setups as usual. I'm finally moving next month (unfortunately still an apartment for the next couple years) and will finally have a room just for entertainment purposes. After everything is done I'll post pics.

i noticed a few guys here did some nice Cable management and need some help.

Currently, the rear of my setup is just a mass of wires. Ethernet, HDMI, power, speaker wires - you name it.

I have my rear speakers running along the walls, however all my fronts and XB1, ps3, X360, cable boxes, PC etc are just a mess.

What products can i buy to help with this?
How do you keep them all running together and neat?

Can you give any links to units i can use to help sort this out?

I obviously have all the cables already, i just dont have anything to keep them together and neat. Thanks.

Caayn

I'm loving the stark differences between people set-ups. One is really clean while othert just don't give a fuck and put things however they like it/what's practical, and everything in between.

For cable management I use velcro. You can buy a roll of a couple of meters for a few bucks. So you'll get something like this
31KJtWGpPjL.jpg

Sakura

Man some people's set ups are real nice. I almost feel embarrassed to post mine!
Sorry about the picture quality my phone doesn't seem to take very good pics in the dark.

My computer set up.
And my sick gaming set up. Hopefully I can get a Wii U/PS4 in there some day too.

maks

I'm loving the stark differences between people set-ups. One is really clean while othert just don't give a fuck and put things however they like it/what's practical, and everything in between.

For cable management I use velcro. You can buy a roll of a couple of meters for a few bucks. So you'll get something like this
31KJtWGpPjL.jpg

Velcro ftw. I bought a 100 pack of strips from amazon for around $7. I also recommend flat ethernet cables if anyone is going with wired setups. Its much easier to work with and takes up alot less space.

I will never understand why some people feel the need to put everything they own on display.

If you walked into my living room you would not be abel to tell that I play games at all.

You're a wizard! ;)

I also hide away most my games. If I display anything I make a theme out of it. Like fighting games and my samurai movie collection.

Top Bottom