• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

Kerm 1

Does anyone have a Ps4 or an Xbox One hooked up to a 4k tv? if so, how does it work? Can Ps4 or Xbox One display 4k videos from the web?

I have both on a Sony 4K. 1080P output only but, the sony upscales to 4K. Both look fantastic. My PC on the other hand runs at 4K and it is absolutely ridiculous.

I have both on a Sony 4K. 1080P output only but, the sony upscales to 4K. Both look fantastic. My PC on the other hand runs at 4K and it is absolutely ridiculous.

Good to know because i just bought a 4k tv! I was afraid it would look like hooking an old ps2 up to a 1080p TV with composite cables.

Rex Colt

Neo Member
output_zpsoekddgeu.jpg

Pictured:
PS3
Roku LT
Case Logic disk case containing a shit ton of movies and another disk case containing my disk based games
Various sports memorabilia
An awful mess of chords that I did my best to hide with the camera angle

Not pictured:
3DS

output_zpsoekddgeu.jpg

Pictured:
PS3
Roku LT
Case Logic disk case containing a shit ton of movies and another disk case containing my disk based games

Not pictured:
3DS
man, you really like Tennessee, the Reds and scenes of wooded areas

lord pie

I like it too
Would consider the 300 series

They dont list a price
How much would somethjng like yours go for?

I bought it through a local specialty furniture shop, and it was $1800 with the chair. It is very solidly built.
You wouldn't want to put a high heat gaming rig in there though, as it is designed for office PCs and doesn't have much ventilation. I don't play PC games much, mainly use it for visual studio, etc - so heat hasn't been an issue.
Here is a better picture:

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm ready to start the office this week but one thing which I've completely forgot about is a good chair. I don't want to spend loads on one but I've been looking at some at IKEA.

Any recommendations on the Markus? http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20103101

I had a full leather one from Staples a few years ago and it really fucked my lower back/lumbar. I feel the mesh on the Markus may be something I'm more looking for in terms of comfort and coolness so you don't get too hot.

The room is going to be quite a squeeze. I hope I can achieve what I need and leave the room looking minimal. I've got to fix in 2 work spaces on 2 sides into a corner, place a PS4, XB1, 360, PC, 24" monitor and 46" LED. Plus other bits and bobs such as external HDDs, cables adaptors, cap cards and more. I'll be fitting in atleast 2 possibly 3 ULLRIK storage units. I may need to cut the depth of the LINNMON work tops down a few inches as well.

So here's mine. Obviously not a glamorous setup. It's in an unfinished basement that I laid carpet on. I don't mind that it doesn't look pretty, it's all about function over form for me, and this baby has got plenty of function. Just got the whole thing completely set up to my liking last night.

basement_zps5e2ee5c4.jpg

Consoles: PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, 2 PS3s, NES, Super Nintendo
TVs (from left to right): 19" Panasonic (for the retro consoles), 42" 720p Olevia LCD, 60" 1080p LG Plasma, 42" 1080p Olevia LCD, 19" 720p no-name brand LED.
Sony 7.2 Receiver

The beautiful part of this setup is that I use an HD Homerun Prime and HTPC as my cable setup. This means I can stream to the 360 and both PS3s at the same time, giving me up to 3 HD cable channels at any given moment (ideal for sports viewing, especially during college football season). All the TVs are also hooked up through standard coax cable, so they can receive HD local channels and SD for basic cable channels.

Additionally, I've got my Xbox 360 on an HDMI switch so it can be displayed on either the LG or the Olevia on the right. My main PS3 is also on an HDMI switch, so it can go between the LG or the Olevia on the left. The other PS3 is only hooked up to the Olevia on the right.

posters_zpsa6ee1a4f.jpg

And this is a picture of some sweet Marvel art deco posters I found recently and framed.

Those posters are fantastic. Do you know where they're from, or where to buy them? I'm a sucker for art deco.

My path to getting them was winding. First spotted them at Wal-Mart, but they only had Spider-Man and Captain America (no sign of the others). Then I found Hulk at Target (I think Target also carries Spider-Man, but no Captain America). Then I went to a store called Five Below and found all five of them, including the Iron Man and Thor I'd not ever seen before. But I visited several Five Belows and only found these posters at a couple of them, so it can be kind of hit and miss there. Good luck!

brerwolfe

My path to getting them was winding. First spotted them at Wal-Mart, but they only had Spider-Man and Captain America (no sign of the others). Then I found Hulk at Target (I think Target also carries Spider-Man, but no Captain America). Then I went to a store called Five Below and found all five of them, including the Iron Man and Thor I'd not ever seen before. But I visited several Five Belows and only found these posters at a couple of them, so it can be kind of hit and miss there. Good luck!

Or you can try Amazon.

Cheers for the info!

Gumbie

output_zpsoekddgeu.jpg

Pictured:
PS3
Roku LT

Not pictured:
3DS

Whoo! Go big orange :)

I have a fairly large master bedroom, and no other way to gain much privacy during the day, so my 'office' is one corner where I sleep.

Current
14573394122_4bdea22797_c.jpg

Going to do a little rearranging tonight and see if I can get a cleaner look. Need another Lack shelf or two to put these cars on.

Pictured: Two 20" Acer, Logitech Z506, 3DS XL (YoL), PSP1k, other stuff
Not pictured: PC build (later), 360 E, PS3 S

Fixed this up a few days ago, but I didn't want it to seem like I was spamming.

14603543813_44989bf4b0_c.jpg

I swapped the two monitors, because the left one has the power button on the right-hand side. This allowed me to move the center channel in front of the monitors. I removed some other 'junk' but haven't really found a good place for it yet. The Trans Am model helps hide the USB cables, but I'm going to keep working on that. You can barely see the new console additions to the lower right corner of the pic.

Also, I did complete my render for the living room entertainment area.
14625619824_a095f02780_c.jpg

The grey translucent is glass, the clear translucent on the bottom is actually going to be white speaker mesh to control and vent all the components. Not exactly final, as I'm debating putting it on legs to match the sideboard, but close enough.

Zajora

Where did you get that table?
Also, is that enough room for your mouse to move around. The space looks too small. I would put the mouse/kb on the table :/

The desk is an Ikea Galant with a side attachment.

It is enough room for the mouse (relatively higher pointer speed). I attached this keyboard tray from a previous desk specifically to gain access to that space between the monitors and the edge of the desk. :p

Z_Y

Almost 100% of you guys have terrible wire management. Maybe it's my OCD, but I spent a lot of time thinking about the wires around my place when I got everything set up.

Man I try. But with 3 consoles, directv receiver, a home audio system and 2 routers...it just turns into a mess. Best I can do is hide it as much as possible.

Faith

Almost 100% of you guys have terrible wire management. Maybe it's my OCD, but I spent a lot of time thinking about the wires around my place when I got everything set up.
It's very difficult if you have a lot of cables.

I mean I didn't count them but I have around 50 different cables (LAN, USB, power, audio, video) in my 3.1x4.6m room.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fixed this up a few days ago, but I didn't want it to seem like I was spamming.

14603543813_44989bf4b0_c.jpg

I swapped the two monitors, because the left one has the power button on the right-hand side. This allowed me to move the center channel in front of the monitors. I removed some other 'junk' but haven't really found a good place for it yet. The Trans Am model helps hide the USB cables, but I'm going to keep working on that. You can barely see the new console additions to the lower right corner of the pic.

The grey translucent is glass, the clear translucent on the bottom is actually going to be white speaker mesh to control and vent all the components. Not exactly final, as I'm debating putting it on legs to match the sideboard, but close enough.

How are you planning to fix the speaker mesh to your doors? I was thinking along the same lines to help hide my STBs etc under the TV

jcm

Are you building this, or buying shelving units? If you're building it, I think you ought to consider hiding the speakers somewhere.

Speevy

Banned
looking through most of this thread, I just have one question is everyone single?

I would say that the people who have turned their entire open living area into a gaming palace are probably single, or not living with their significant other.

Those who have their stuff in more closed off areas are more likely to be married/living with someone.

Xeroblade

I would say that the people who have turned their entire open living area into a gaming palace are probably single, or not living with their significant other.

Those who have their stuff in more closed off areas are more likely to be married/living with someone.

That makes sense. And yes I am extremely jealous because being with someone has totally crushed my dreams of a setup like this. Is that bad to say lol.

What do you have? I may have messy cables but I'll put my system up against any wireless/soundbar/bose lifestyle system. My place is not an apple Mac store and sometimes having cables around are part and parcel of having a good system.

How are you planning to fix the speaker mesh to your doors? I was thinking along the same lines to help hide my STBs etc under the TV

Most likely staples, or a trim ring on the inside like how glass is secured.

Are you building this, or buying shelving units? If you're building it, I think you ought to consider hiding the speakers somewhere.

I don't know what I'm doing with the speakers yet. Might do in-wall. I'm still using these tiny JVC front channel ones that actually work rather well. I could always make the outside bottom cabinets the same speaker material and hide them in there.

And yes, I am building it from scratch. Will probably have to buy a turbine to recreate that glossy finish you get buying from Ikea or elsewhere. Since I have some other stuff to do first, my ETA is open at this point. Probably won't even start on it until late 2015.

Yes Boss!

What do you have? I may have messy cables but I'll put my system up against any wireless/soundbar/bose lifestyle system. My place is not an apple Mac store and sometimes having cables around are part and parcel of having a good system.

I love this attitude. Props! I like things tidy, yes, but everything invisible is just too much.

Most of these setups are slick. Can someone recommend me a comfortable computer chair for my bedroom, nothing too expensive though I really dont want to spend loads on a chair

Zaptruder

Banned
Most of these setups are slick. Can someone recommend me a comfortable computer chair for my bedroom, nothing too expensive though I really dont want to spend loads on a chair

Spend loads on the chair. It's a good investment for durability and lower cost over time and for your health.

Tabris

I have a Denon AVR, 5 speakers, 1 subwoofer, multiple charging / dock areas, 6 consoles, and multiple other home theatre components.

Do you see a cable? Good system is no excuse for laziness.

TMC

One aspect of my new apartment that seems severely lacking compared to other setups is art on the walls. My walls look very bare. I'd like to get some three piece style canvas art. Where do you guys recommend buying this stuff online?

One aspect of my new apartment that seems severely lacking compared to other setups is art on the walls. My walls look very bare. I'd like to get some three piece style canvas art. Where do you guys recommend buying this stuff online?

Here in the Netherlands we have loads of canvas printing companies that let you design custom prints on canvas of all sorts of sizes, including three piece versions. Got my stuff at webprint.nl and hema. I have no clue where you live though:p

Top Bottom