• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

It sure is!!! It's the 55-inch model, got it off Amazon for a little over $800. The picture quality is phenomenal(with some minor tweaking) for the price of 4K. Works well for gaming, watching content, and hooking up my 15 retina to browse the web is my favorite :)

Do you turn on game mode or leave it on normal when playing?

harz-marz

Thank you.

I do get a tremendous amount of enjoyment and reward from doing this. I had a lot of doubts I'd be any good at it before I started. I borrowed some tools from someone and jumped in. I'm really glad I did!

Wow this is fantastic. I wish I had the skill (and money!) to be able to do this - well done!

Can anyone recommend any good sites that sell gaming PC desks? I need one that's small but will house a Coolermaster HAF and 27 inch screen and speakers. Any advice welcome!

11040515_1039814026030164_6371427856656134654_n.jpg

11885280_1039814019363498_274641339050397999_n.jpg

11221703_1039814022696831_293492122740033283_n.jpg

I don't really game in the living room anymore. It was more convenient to move my consoles up to my office. In the one picture I have an Xbox and Ps4 attached to the side monitors. The other stations in the center and end is my Wife and Sons Gaming Rigs. We are mainly a PC family but I am at the point I am going to move my Son's Xbox one up to his monitor also.

Wow this is fantastic. I wish I had the skill (and money!) to be able to do this - well done!

Thank you very much indeed for that.

This is absolutely mind blowing. Really cool designs too.

How do you find the money and time for such projects?

Thank you. Finance-wise, I have a reasonably well paid job. The most important factor is my wife though; she's 'trained' me over the years to understand that if I want something, there are opportunities to save money to allow me to do so. I make my own lunch for work, almost cut out the beer and coffees and now vape rather than smoke :)

Time-wise, I have to juggle this a little. I have a 3.5 - 4 hour commute everyday to and from work and also have 2 kids. When I have a project on the go, I still try and get on the projects in the evening, particularly if it's painting/finishing. At the weekends I try not to waste too much time and often enter 'Terminator' mode, where I just don't stop, until it's time to go to sleep..

Don Lapre

DO8fvlKl.jpg

60f8500 plasma with klipsch ref2 speakers. In wall ref2 surrounds not pictured

1VvpHW8l.jpg

Ps4, xbone, 3x5 raid 6 nas, TiVo, and denon x4200 receiver. HDMI over cat6 also serves a bonus room TV.

wjLTfOul.jpg

You've certainly got some skills there, all of that looks great. I hate MDF, I try to work with it as little as possible. Even with good dust extraction it still gets everywhere, especially the lungs. A good respirator is mandatory.

I have a full-spec woodworking shop, but you've turned out more than I have lately. Keep up the good work, and if you ever need any recs on any equipment, just give me a shout.

Greye

Just moved for a new job and am renting a room in a condo by the beach. I finished setting everything up earlier today and am pretty happy with how everything turned out. I fit a lot into a small space but I think don't think it's too crowded and I'm excited to play some games in here.

Only have my One and PS4 hooked up to the TV right now, the 360 and PS3 are under my futon until I want to play them.

This looks really nice to me somehow, love the light coming from the windows as well!

You've certainly got some skills there, all of that looks great. I hate MDF, I try to work with it as little as possible. Even with good dust extraction it still gets everywhere, especially the lungs. A good respirator is mandatory.

I have a full-spec woodworking shop, but you've turned out more than I have lately. Keep up the good work, and if you ever need any recs on any equipment, just give me a shout.

Thanks for that. Yes, MDF isn't the nicest material to work with that's for sure. Respirator is used! Also, thanks for the offer on equipment recs, appreciated.

TBiddy

Thank you. Mainly racing sims such as Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car, Raceroom Racing Experience but also some more arcade style titles such as the Grid series. Great fun!

Sure looks like fun. Also, I'm really impressed that your wife lets you do stuff like that!

I love how you are putting in all that effort into that chair for VR when you won't see the chair whilst playing.

Thanks. It may seem a little odd but it's very much about having everything looking the part in the room so it looks tidy. I think my wife would be far less understanding if I didn't make things which looked decent! It's also about the enjoyment I get from making these things as well - I enjoy that just as much as using it.

Do you turn on game mode or leave it on normal when playing?

I most definitely turn on GAME mode while I play. Best input lag reduction is fed through the HDMI 5 port, but I use 1,2 for my ps4/x1 and hdmi 5 for my 4k Macbook pro retina output. Tv is awesome If you're in the market for a 4k display..

Tudor

UniversityGAF reporting in, I recently moved house and having lurked in these threads for years I finally feel that I have a room worth sharing, so here is my study/games room.

My consoles and desktop are connected to the AVR and then the TV, there is also a standard 3.5mm->RCA cable connecting the desktop for music/sound when I’m not using the TV.

The various plush toys have accumulated as my partner collects them and they are overflowing from every other orifice in the house. The cat was rather curious so have a bonus cat picture.

(Images kindly hosted by a friend)

Thank you sir for selecting mine ( third one) !!!

I will post an update with quite an addition to it :-D

It is mostly white, you were always going to be a candidate with Tabris. ;)

I'm finding that I have a bit too much stuff on my desk lately. Four-five sets of headphones, and not many places to store them. Four handhelds, four controllers (soon to be six). Sometimes I wonder how I get work done.

Wire management? Yeah, right.

21008203825_d0ae4e43d9_c.jpg

luoapp

It is mostly white, you were always going to be a candidate with Tabris. ;)

I'm finding that I have a bit too much stuff on my desk lately. Four-five sets of headphones, and not many places to store them. Four handhelds, four controllers (soon to be six). Sometimes I wonder how I get work done.

Wire management? Yeah, right.

21008203825_d0ae4e43d9_c.jpg

Holy sh*t, is that a zune 30? Mine broke ages ago.

Mihos

Gold Member
Thanks for that. Yes, MDF isn't the nicest material to work with that's for sure. Respirator is used! Also, thanks for the offer on equipment recs, appreciated.

I have a full on electronics lab at home, but I have zero woodworking skill or tools. It is definitely void in doing some of the really cool stuff. I have a good design for all my retro controllers but it is too big for my 3D printer and I lack the skills to make it myself.

I need to get some new pictures of the retro and new systems, but at this point, I may as well just wait until the 2016 edition of this thread

Indeed. I don't have a need for it anymore, but I can't stand the thought of giving it away. Perhaps I can make some use for it out in my workshop.

I use a Zune 128 in a kicker box in my lab still... I still love that thing

Tons of inspiration gained from this thread especially the white furniture some of you guys have going, moving soon myself so i'll put picks up hopefully before 2015 ends.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man GAF is filled with some rich mofos, going through this thread breaks my heart :( anyone else feel that way? Not that I don't have money to afford all that, but damn some of you guys have great taste and keep it neat.

Daym indeed. Sony you fools. What the fucking fuck. Why not bring it in NA. Looks so fucking good. And I am not a guy who buys special edition console (EVER)

leng jai

I've always been a fan of your setup, looks crazy comfy. I love tight spaces too

I actually need to replace the couch soon, it's getting a little too comfy.

Man GAF is filled with some rich mofos, going through this thread breaks my heart :( anyone else feel that way? Not that I don't have money to afford all that, but damn some of you guys have great taste and keep it neat.

Daym indeed. Sony you fools. What the fucking fuck. Why not bring it in NA. Looks so fucking good. And I am not a guy who buys special edition console (EVER)

NA seems to be missing out on stuff more often these days.

Love these setup threads.
Really fantastic games rooms/collections guys. :)

I'll have a tidy up and take a few snaps of my game cave to post up.

Here's my setup. Dual tvs so both my wife and I can game together at the same time. We actually met each other playing Left 4 Dead.

We're in an apartment right now, so I didn't want to drill extra holes to hide wires. At least it looks somewhat clean. Top tv is a Sony 60" 850B and the bottom is a Sony 55" 800C. Both are wall mounted.

The vertical shelf on the left I built myself, the frame was basic 2x4's wrapped in black fabric so that I could hide wires within the shelf itself.

The systems hooked up include 2 Xbox 360's, Ps3, a Wii U and two PS4s.

ySh0DJP.jpg

Top Bottom