• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

Tabris

I like the design but there's no way to re-arrange your apartment so your couch is in front of the television? What do you do when you have guests over?

Buttons

I like the design but there's no way to re-arrange your apartment so your couch is in front of the television? What do you do when you have guests over?

Absolutely no way with all the windows in the place and the general layout. I tried many different layouts and ended up with the current one. The large windows to the left and right of the Eames lounge chair are actually all doors, it's a french balcony. With the two lounge chairs on that side I can still shift them a bit to open the doors in the summer. I had the couch there in the beginning and it totally blocked them.

TV can rotate towards the couch though. Had no problems so far. You just gotta be creative in a studio apartment with limited space. :)

On the plus side, since the tv can swivel on its base I can also turn it to the left and watch tv in bed. :D

Buttons

I like your setup! Smart way how you've dealt with the limited space, like the roomdivider.

Thank you. :) Rent prices skyrocketed in Frankfurt and demand is at an all-time high.

Overall, it took me over 4 months to find an apartment in this city so I was so glad when I got mine and thoroughly enjoyed making the most of it and I love it.

Tram in front of the door to get to mostly anywhere, larger train station is only 800m away and only one stop to work from there or 4 stops to the city centre. Supermarket right across from the street and a public pool down the road. It literally is the perfect location to live. :D Since it's a new building from 2006 or so the noise levels are also very good, you hear almost no noise from outside.

Fowler

The big shelf holds most of my games and books and also acts as a divider in the room.

poang6wl7y.png
living3aplle.png

I have the same shelf and use it in the same way! Our living room is quite big, especially for Hong Kong, so we have the shelf in between the desk area and the couch.

It's great because it works both ways: It divides the room without being as opaque as a wall; my girlfriend and I can still talk and see each other perfectly fine through the shelf, but if we need a bit more privacy it can still act as a little barrier.

Ryde3

I haven't posted in ages so I thought now is the perfect time to post an update.

This was my room in 2012:

I graduated at the start of the year and am now working full-time, working my way up in the company and so I moved into a wonderful studio apartment right in the centre of Frankfurt. I not only love gaming, but I also love interiour design and I wanted to create a space for myself where I felt at home. I have thoroughly enjoyed decorating my apartment and while there is still a ton of stuff that I want to do, I wanted to post in this wonderful thread again.

Beautiful space, you did alot with that studio! The wall unit does a great job of dividing the seating from your bed. Love it.

Edit: removed most of post to save space

Qasiel

I haven't posted in ages so I thought now is the perfect time to post an update.

Your place is beautiful! I love the amount of natural light you can get and it's super-clean and airy features make everything look amazing.

If I may ask, where did you get your Tarutaru figures? If I can get a Hume DRG I'll be very, very happy!

Buttons

Your place is beautiful! I love the amount of natural light you can get and it's super-clean and airy features make everything look amazing.

If I may ask, where did you get your Tarutaru figures? If I can get a Hume DRG I'll be very, very happy!

Thank you. :)

I bought the TaruTarus in Tokyo in 2010. Square Enix sold them as a set and individually for a short period. Unfortunately those were the only FFXI figurines they made. You can still find the Tarus on ebay I think.

friday

I guess I will ask here since I don't really know where else to, where do you guys like to get decorations from? I need to add some life to my apartment real bad.

Things I think I need: Art prints, plants (easy to care for), and maybe some drapes. Shit is not good, I just have a bunch of egg shell colored walls and nothing else.

AMG

Neo Member
Wife's side, Flatscreen (Wii U and PS4):
22000488126_ac767410de_c.jpg

My side, Projector ( PS4 & PS3)
21838534640_6f5e1ff8ed_c.jpg

Some new goodies that arrived to complete the system overhaul ;-)
22000556206_68a77effe4_c.jpg

More pics to follow....

Wife's side, Flatscreen (Wii U and PS4):
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5748/22000488126_ac767410de_c.jpg[img]

My side, Projector ( PS4 & PS3)
[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/612/21838534640_6f5e1ff8ed_c.jpg[img]

Some new goodies that arrived to complete the system overhaul ;-)
[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/589/22000556206_68a77effe4_c.jpg[img]

More pics to follow....[/QUOTE]

What happens when you're both watching/playing at the same time? Does one of you use headphones?

Elitist1945

Moving out to my very own apartment soon. Can't wait to have a legitimate setup that isn't just a bedroom in my parent's house lmao.

Weetrick

I graduated at the start of the year and am now working full-time, working my way up in the company and so I moved into a wonderful studio apartment right in the centre of Frankfurt. I not only love gaming, but I also love interiour design and I wanted to create a space for myself where I felt at home. I have thoroughly enjoyed decorating my apartment and while there is still a ton of stuff that I want to do, I wanted to post in this wonderful thread again.

Due to work my only gaming is done on my PC at the moment playing FFXIV, but my consoles really need some attention again.

Living room area:

living5y1z0r.png

It's quite tricky to take good photos with all the natural light my apartment gets, but I love the huge windows and the awesome view.

living45txq4.png

Your whole setup looks amazing. How do you live such a clutter free lifestyle? I'm jealous of that...

Buttons

Your whole setup looks amazing. How do you live such a clutter free lifestyle? I'm jealous of that...

Thank you. :)

I have always liked being clean and orderly, but when I moved I got rid of a lot of clutter I no longer needed.
And the secret to keeping everything clutter free on a day to day basis is very simple. Everything has its place, if I use something I put it back in it's shelf/closet when I am done with it. It only takes like 2 seconds. :)

I guess I will ask here since I don't really know where else to, where do you guys like to get decorations from? I need to add some life to my apartment real bad.

Things I think I need: Art prints, plants (easy to care for), and maybe some drapes. Shit is not good, I just have a bunch of egg shell colored walls and nothing else.

Definitely get some plants, I love having plants in my place. This article has a few that are easy to take care of:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/hard-to-kill-houseplants-for-apartments-with-low-light-200900

As for prints, there are many online stores that sell prints or let you upload your own images and print them for you on a poster. Then you just buy a frame for the poster and hang it on your walls.

If you need some inspiration, take a look at websites such as apartment therapy and houzz for a ton of ideas. :)

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/
http://www.houzz.com/

AMG

Neo Member
What happens when you're both watching/playing at the same time? Does one of you use headphones?

If we are both on our respective sides then I use the PS headphones but that is only if I'm playing with the volume up loud. Otherwise there is a partial wall in between both halves of the room that breaks up what you hear from the other end.

She doesn't play as much as I do so, if it's daylight I'll use the PS4 on her flatscreen . At night I'll move to the projector. No complaints yet.

Here's a question I can't seem to find answered anywhere. Say you have a 6.1 set up. You basically have speakers surrounding you in a circle. Are there any receivers that let you configure watching surround from different directions?

For example, you have your TV on the North side of your living room but your projector is pointing to the south side. Are there any kind of settings that allow you an option that will basically flip the speakers so that what was playing on the left side is now playing on the right and vise versa? I hope that makes sense. It feels a little too overkill having 2 surround sound systems in the same room, pointing in opposite directions. I also want to have a fixed projector screen so I can't have that where the TV is.

Ashtrax

Unfortunately, my wife and I had to vacate our apartment due to it being put up for sale, but the positive is the new place we moved to right nearby has glorious cable internet. See you later ADSL!

The room I shifted all my gear into ended up being a bit smaller and a little awkward with it's layout, so after a lot of different drawing plans being made up, this is what the wife and I eventually came up with!

The first photo is of my main gaming PC, but as I plan on doing some more live streams and YouTube recordings with a mate, I've also got a secondary PS4 and PS3 setup there (All my primary consoles are set up in the lounge).

The second desk with the iMac is basically my Plex / iTunes Server, but I also use it for an old hobby of mine, DJing! Because of the downsize in living space, I opted to get a digital mixer whilst my Vinyl and CDJs are in storage.

The third photo is off my pile of shame video game backlog, and using streaming as a motivation, perhaps one day get through. I've got lots of retro consoles and CE boxes, but they are stored away elsewhere.

I haven't gotten around to taking pics of my lounge yet, it was in a little bit of a mess.

Here's mine.

PS4 & MS Surface Pro 3 hooked up to a HDMI switch.

I use my Surface primarily for editing my photos and retouching them. My library of PS4 games is located below.

Gundam Exia & Gundam 00 Seven swords with the stormtrooper on top.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
with those ultrawide monitors when you watch movies in cinema format, i am assuming you dont get black bars?

only if you watch a 21:9 movie (roughly 2.35:1 but even then you can get tiny top/bottom bars). If you watch something in 1.85:1 which is quite common, you'll get side bars.

RS4-

Weird request, I don't remember if it was in this thread, in the PC thread or maybe it wasn't on GAF at all.

But I remember seeing an image fo someones PC, there was a nice clean black slab/cover for the fan hub. It definitely wasn't the NZXT grid, just solid black.

kingwingin

Nn1s6Sx.jpg

Started to install a shelf around the perimeter of my room. It's not done yet as I have to trim the one board down. It was made on a very low budget since I'm in school but it alows me to display my games and movies without taking up floor space. If I had money to burn I would have liked to install vintage shelf brackets but that will wait till I move out.

The empty game cases are because all my games are digital so I bought 100 blank cases and plan to fill them with my own covers in the coming months

Nn1s6Sx.jpg

Started to install a shelf around the perimeter of my room. It's not done yet as I have to trim the one board down. It was made on a very low budget since I'm in school but it alows me to display my games and movies without taking up floor space. If I had money to burn I would have liked to install vintage shelf brackets but that will wait till I move out.

The empty game cases are because all my games are digital so I bought 100 blank cases and plan to fill them with my own covers in the coming months

We are planning to make a similiar set up on our entertainment room.

Blutonium

Sadly, there's not a lot of gaming going on on my rig nowadays. Work and producing music leaves me with little spare time for it.

After going through 3 desk chairs I hated, I set my desk at 1 meter high / 3 feet with a IKEA POÄNG chair in front of it. Best choice I ever made, it's really comfortable.

qhBq6vM.jpg

IMACOMPUTA

Well mine's not super clean and slick looking like a lot of people on here but I love it all the same :)
The first 3 are right when you walk down the stairs to the basement

This is the main room.

And my gym

Holy fuck, that's huge. Do you live in an office building?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Damn these posts are making me jealous beyond belief. Almost didn't want to share mine since it's pretty low key in comparison.

AudioEngine A5+
46" led LCD 120hz
PS4
Wii U
3DS XL (charging beside the left channel)
MBP (on the footstool)

I like to keep it super simple. No receiver, no surround and no 3D. Games are all put into a binder to the left of the TV. I find this is easiest for me so I can safely store the cases away. I have a sitting room/guest room behind this where I have a 32" LCD and my PS3 for guests and when I want to play the occasional PS+ game. Most of the gaming I do these days happens on 3DS although as you can see I was quite taken with Mordor PS4 and decided to make it my first Platinum. Oh, and excuse the pooch in the corner of the shot, he's sleeping.

:)

Nice setups all around. Thought I might share mine too. Be kind...

Living room:

And some winter view as we had snow over the holidays...

These two tv stands look similar, where'd you get them?

Kahlanei

Neo Member
Well, we finally updated a lot of our setup, new furniture AND technology...

Main setup:

LG 70" (70UF770T)
Yamaha (YHT-1810) 5.1 Home Theatre
Xbox one
Xbox 360 (Star Wars)
Alienware Alpha i7
Alienware 17
Apple iPad mini 4 128gb
PS Vita
Bookshelf with games is very very messy.

Display cabinet behind main TV

Display cabinet after being organised:

Secondary setup (in the bedroom, but on wheels so when my partner and I both want to play I can wheel it to lounge room)

LG 43" (43LF5900)
Apple TV
Xbox one
Xbox 360 (MW3)
WiiU

Retro/guest setup

Super Nintendo
N64
Xbox classic
Xbox 360
PS1
PS2
PS3
Wii

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Some very nice setups. I don't have my own place yet, but I'm working towards that. I do the best with what I have. I have another TV, but it's setup somewhere else in the house.

http://postimg.org/gallery/1pynm2xzc/

Sorry it's sideways. I couldn't fix a few of them

My pride and joy hangs above my TV

2715935-4173440113-IMG_0.jpg

In the future it's going to look better.

Top Bottom