• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

I already posted some pictures of my game room but yesterday I finished it and now I want to share with you the whole process. Sorry if it is a lot of pictures. If you guys think it is best I take some out.

At the beginning it was a cinema room and it looked like this.

Pretty sweet setup there. I'm in the process of building a Home Theater/Gameroom right now.

What's the size of the room and the screen if you don't mind?

I already posted some pictures of my game room but yesterday I finished it and now I want to share with you the whole process. Sorry if it is a lot of pictures. If you guys think it is best I take some out.

Stunning setup. If I remember correctly you are living in Brazil?

it must have cost you a fortune to get that collection together??

Galdius

Stunning setup. If I remember correctly you are living in Brazil?

it must have cost you a fortune to get that collection together??

You are right. I live in Brazil. I collect since 2008-2009 but I already had a lot of games. I also import a lot and buy a lot when I travel abroad. A few friends also helped me get a lot of stuff that I would have to spend a lot if I were to buy them. But I spent a lot of money anyway. And is those pictures isn't even showing my debug games that cost a lot more than the retail games.

Fantastic set up Galdius!

Thanks!

Tabris

Nice setup but won't you feel like you're in a dungeon if you spend too much time in there, or is there a side that has a window with blinds I don't see?

Galdius

Nice setup but won't you feel like you're in a dungeon if you spend too much time in there, or is there a side that has a window with blinds I don't see?

There is a window with blinds that don't show in the pictures. But I also like the room with low lights, it's comfortable.

eXistor

I wish I had a dungeon to furnish :)

My gameroom is upstairs because I don't have a basement, but I'd much prefer something with no windows myself. I had to UV protect the windows and everything, can't have any color fading going on :)

Galdius

I wish I had a dungeon to furnish :)

My gameroom is upstairs because I don't have a basement, but I'd much prefer something with no windows myself. I had to UV protect the windows and everything, can't have any color fading going on :)

I'm worried about the LED lights.
I didn't think about it before but I hope there isn't any problem having them so close to the games boxes. I hope it doesn't damage them.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
You are right. I live in Brazil. I collect since 2008-2009 but I already had a lot of games. I also import a lot and buy a lot when I travel abroad. A few friends also helped me get a lot of stuff that I would have to spend a lot if I were to buy them. But I spent a lot of money anyway. And is those pictures isn't even showing my debug games that cost a lot more than the retail games.

Thanks!

Hey Galdius, pretty dope setup. Fellow Brazilian gaffer here.

Just a question, the "test" ps2 and ps3 units are debug consoles?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
HI Yurikerr, thanks!

Both test consoles are debug consoles.
I bought them abroad. I didn't get them here in Brazil.

Nice, these must had been trick to find and i imagine expensive.

I only came across handheld debug units (PSP and Vita).

fea272ecdce58e07aebdde2fac6ae434.png

0bd6b0690f6f67b1bd3c70bd872be5df.png

not done yet but its a super small room im working with wish i had a white ps4 lol

I just can't game too long in a dark room. Maybe because I used to live in my parents basement when I was in high school that it's scarred me to playing in the dark. :)

I hear you. I have a backlight set up so that gives just the right amount of ambient light. Don't like just dark either.

But come on, a gaming dungeon is a gaming dungeon. :)

Chastten

Banned
Anyone got some suggestions for cheapish DVD/bookshelves that aren't 25-30cm deep?

I'm looking into replacing my old custom shelves, some of which I've had since I was in high school nearly 2 decades ago, but all normal bookcases from Ikea and the like are way too deep. I've got no need for a bookcase that could fit two rows of games, I'd rather keep my old ones if they weren't slowly falling apart. Seems like my best option right now is to make 'em myself again.

I posted in here a few months back, but my desk has changed just a touch so I thought I'd throw in a quick update. It might not look like much, but I worked hard on everything from the cable management to the lighting surrounding the desk. I spend a large portion of my life at this desk and I absolutely love it.

DJRvEnH.jpg

Anyone got some suggestions for cheapish DVD/bookshelves that aren't 25-30cm deep?

I'm looking into replacing my old custom shelves, some of which I've had since I was in high school nearly 2 decades ago, but all normal bookcases from Ikea and the like are way too deep. I've got no need for a bookcase that could fit two rows of games, I'd rather keep my old ones if they weren't slowly falling apart. Seems like my best option right now is to make 'em myself again.

That's the conclusion I came to myself.

Tabris

I would love to replace my Billy bookcase with one that was the depth of blu rays and video games.

NeoROCK

lol, its the first post.

Not bad but not great either. Personally I would never go with white leather sofa and chairs. The table and media console look generic Ikea (mine is almost identical lol). Not hating on you. Just giving my honest opinion since you asked.

That view on the other hand, is spectacular. Those large windows and all that natural light shining through is superb and the way your whole condo is put together is very nice.

Look up Atlantic Oskar shelves. They come in a bunch of sizes but the two model numbers that I recommend depending on how big you want them is the 756 or the 1080. The 756 model goes for about $100, it used to be around $80 before but has gone up slightly and the 1080 goes for a bit more. They're meant for media storage and I used them for all my movies and games.

Not bad but not great either. Personally I would never go with white leather sofa and chairs. The table and media console look generic Ikea (mine is almost identical lol). Not hating on you. Just giving my honest opinion since you asked.

That view on the other hand, is spectacular. Those large windows and all that natural light shining through is superb and the way your whole condo is put together is very nice.

Oh so you were serious. I have to ask then, what do you have and what do you think looks good?

I recently asked the boss what color the bookcases should be, she chose white to match the Ikea stuff on the other side of the room that serves as our Lego world. So it's poplar and cabinet-grade plywood it is, instead of my choice - walnut.

Oh well, you win some and lose some.

VanWinkle

Isn't the preferred look of furniture subjective? Are you saying that you're disappointed with GAFers furniture because not many have the look you like? If so, what's the point of even saying that? If you're trying to speak objectively, I don't how you could possibly glean anything about the actual furniture quality from the pictures we get.

Even with all that said, there's a huge variety of furniture posted here, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I have a question, what are some of you guys using for surge protectors. I have an 8 outlet one and I it's completely filled up and I don't even have my receiver and sub going yet.

Currently I have:
- TV
- Cable box
- Wii U
- PS4
- Xbone
- Router
- Modem
- Wii U gamepad

What are some good protectors with at least 10 outlets?

Brokun

I posted in here a few months back, but my desk has changed just a touch so I thought I'd throw in a quick update. It might not look like much, but I worked hard on everything from the cable management to the lighting surrounding the desk. I spend a large portion of my life at this desk and I absolutely love it.

DJRvEnH.jpg

Are you playing on a kitchen counter? Don't lie to me! I see the granite countertops and tiled backsplash.

I have a question, what are some of you guys using for surge protectors. I have an 8 outlet one and I it's completely filled up and I don't even have my receiver and sub going yet.

Currently I have:
- TV
- Cable box
- Wii U
- PS4
- Xbone
- Router
- Modem
- Wii U gamepad

What are some good protectors with at least 10 outlets?

I use this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002FGEBM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is got 11 outlets with 6 of them with space around them for bulky plugs.

I've got the following in my setup.

Wii U
Blu-ray
Fire TV
HTPC
HDTV
PS4
PS3
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Receiver
Chromecast
Network Switch
Sub
Wii U controller

I used to have even more plugged in like optical switch, headphones, HDMI switch, and 360 battery charger but I streamlined that out.

Cuzco

Banned

DJRvEnH.jpg

where do your legs go?? Nvm, I can see the shadow. It looked like just a chunk outta the wall. Love the granite.

At least you got your setup in before the ban. lol

Looks legit. Interesting that your media is pulled all the way forward to the front of the shelves, some other gaffers may want to consider that.

Damn, I keep seeing people posting that got banned a day ago haha, I hope I dont mess something up on accident! ;)

I will have some update pics on my setup, had a few changes although I might be changing again....I love my man cave, but its looking a bit to....."busy." Or cluttered. But its such a small room to have all the stuff I have in it.

Anyways, some of you guys have some pretty killer sound setups! Kind of blows me away at the amount of people in this thread that lack surround sound, its such a badass thing to have with games. Maybe tons of people play more or less exclusively with headphones?

Estocolmo

Looks legit. Interesting that your media is pulled all the way forward to the front of the shelves, some other gaffers may want to consider that.

Yes I think it looks better and its much more practical to take out your game and put it back again. It looks more like a library when all the media are on the front.

Another reason I do it because I can hide a bunch of stuff behind the media that I dont use.

XJF

I've gotten a 4K tv since I last posted and old TV is now my monitor ,but I'm ashamed, wire management is basically nonexistent since me and the girlfriend are in the process of looking for a new place. Didn't feel like putting in all the work only to have to redo it.

Top Bottom