• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

So some people might remember my setup when I moved last year - was really proud of it at the time.

wp_20150905_10_28_16_pro.jpg

Now baby number 2 is on the way, and indoor management are looking at my mancave with disdain - so it's to move this habitat outside into my leaky, spider infested garage,

I really want to design Mancave 2.0 to be the best gameplaying/LAN holding space it can be, so I'll be lurking this thread for inspiration I think. :)

Celcius

°Temp. member
First off-site test of my Gaming Setup 2017. Everything built up in a warehouse to test the system works when installed in December.

Thought I'd share a sneak peek to GAF.

Sony X95 85" 4K60 television running Witcher 3 maxed out. Genelec 8351A speakers.

Marantz AV8802 7.1 4K AV amplifier. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC feeding the music to the AV amp. Custom Titan X Pascal gaming PC in black case. Oculus Rift.

Genelec AIC25 in-ceiling speakers, these will go around the flat for music.

Crestron AV rack. It's got a Mirage audio server, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, internet services, and amplifiers for the Genelec AIC25s. Audio, video, heating and everything will be controlled via Crestron touch panels and iOS app.

Somehow I missed this earlier. Looks amazing so far!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Somehow I missed this earlier. Looks amazing so far!

Thanks! Here's the first picture of a nearly finished space:

aUfJtVa.jpg

and a view from the lounge balcony today

2uEkoyT.jpg

We won't get in until late January however, as our AV guys need to do a lot of cabling and installation, and our architects need to install all furniture and fitted joinery. But it's getting closer!

aUfJtVa.jpg

2uEkoyT.jpg

We won't get in until late January however, as our AV guys need to do a lot of cabling and installation, and our architects need to install all furniture and fitted joinery. But it's getting closer!

Holy shit. A view like that over London. Are you the crown prince?

Can't wait to see the finished result!

aUfJtVa.jpg

2uEkoyT.jpg

I'm jelly - one of hell of a view! (I can see my office from here!)

Linius

Lovely view you got there. In combination with the AV set-up that's a very nice space. Curious to see the finished project in january.

Meciu

aUfJtVa.jpg

Amazing view!! Can't wait to see the final "product". Keep us updated.

amarito69

Great inspiration for me! I love the view and the AV set up.
Is it on the DLR? It reminds me of Poplar or Limehouse station.

aUfJtVa.jpg

2uEkoyT.jpg

Wait that's a dance studio right?....
I'm jelly.

I love all the setups here. From the small and simple to the large and elaborate. I should really get around to taking a few pic of mine. Its a god damn mess though. More of a storage area than a gaming area... I may wait until the 2017 thread. Not sure yet.

JimmyBashhead

Neo Member
posted my last pictures 1-2 years ago.. a lot of thing have changed. moved to a new apartment with my gf, built a pc for the first time, bought some techstuff :)
Will post more pictures of the "finished" project next week.
  • 2x PHILIPS 43PUS6101 (4K, 43", SmartTv)
  • 1x Xbox One S with 2 white controllers
  • 1x Xbox One (custom) with 2 controllers
  • 1x BenQ 24" monitor
  • (not in picture) random 47" Philips TV for football and chromecast-streaming
  • will post the pc specs in my next post..

KhaosDragon22

Neo Member
posted my last pictures 1-2 years ago.. a lot of thing have changed. moved to a new apartment with my gf, built a pc for the first time, bought some techstuff :)

• 1x BenQ 24" monitor

Nice Setup!

What are you using for the lights behind your TVs?

Linius

• 1x BenQ 24" monitor

Looking good man. You're basically only lacking a soundsytem now to finish it.

BubbaLump

Banned
All for the love of gaming. Almost done:

URL=http://s47.photobucket.com/user/boomerps2/media/20160924_221153_zps5twpan7w.jpg.html]
20160924_221153_zps5twpan7w.jpg
[/URL]

BubbaLump

Banned
I'm runnung Paradigm Studio's up front with two 18" subs each with 2000 watt amps. Running four speakercraft in-ceiling for Atmos/DTS:X and four rears by Niles. Will have two rows of three octane seating with each seat wired to it's own bass shaker. All lights in the theater room is network controlled via Lutron Casseta dimmers and the play room has all Philips Hue Lights in the recessed lighting. The last TV on the right side is for a MAME arcade pedestal.

BubbaLump

Banned
holy shit man, that man cave is getting sweet. what projector is that? are you gonna use for movies or games as well?

Belive it or not but it's about 70% gaming and 30% movies. Epson has 26 millisecond response time on this particular projector so gaming is definantly doable and the 4K (UHD) with HDR is phenomenal.

Natarian

Neo Member
Managed to get the lighting linked up over the weekend. The colour's not to everyone's taste I'm sure:

Also worked on the cabling which is now encapsulated in white trunking attached to the skirting board.

What stand is that under your computer? I need something just like that since my desk is taken up by multiple monitors.

Tolstoy

Neo Member

aUfJtVa.jpg

2uEkoyT.jpg

this is amazing dude, do you mind me asking where in london this is? I was thinking about getting one of those battersea apartments a couple of years from now, but this view looks even better. also, could you post some night pics when you move in, I bet it'll look amazing :)

I've never posted in these threads before but these post have inspired me to do it.

Chittagong's view is spectacular!

Here is my setup that just had a couple of new additions, the LG OLED C6P and the Xbox One S. My wire management leaves a lot to be desired. Something I will fix once I move into a house and build a proper man cave.

Other components:
PS4 Pro
PSVR
PS3
Vita
3DS
Sony Vaio Duo
Sony STR-DN1040 receiver
Andrew Jones Series 7.1 surround speakers throughout the house
SVS Subwoofer

VG7uxZh.jpg

What stand is that under your computer? I need something just like that since my desk is taken up by multiple monitors.

It's custom built from MDF and hardwood, wrapped in blackboard (thick, textured) vinyl with a metal ROG sticker attached to the front. It has ribbed, rubber sheet on the top to prevent any slipping. Quite a straight forward project to complete. It has a cavity in the back for the router, power strip and various cables.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy shit. A view like that over London. Are you the crown prince?

Can't wait to see the finished result!

I'm jelly - one of hell of a view! (I can see my office from here!)

Amazing view!! Can't wait to see the final "product". Keep us updated.

Tabis and Chittagong, feel free to PM me any time.
screen-shot-2013-10-3u6s2q.png

Great inspiration for me! I love the view and the AV set up.
Is it on the DLR? It reminds me of Poplar or Limehouse station.

Wait that's a dance studio right?....
I'm jelly.

I've never posted in these threads before but these post have inspired me to do it.

Chittagong's view is spectacular!

this is amazing dude, do you mind me asking where in london this is? I was thinking about getting one of those battersea apartments a couple of years from now, but this view looks even better. also, could you post some night pics when you move in, I bet it'll look amazing :)

Thanks guys, very kind! Definitely will post pics when done, and night pics. I did a few deals on use of the flat in promotional pics so I will get a really good photographer for free.

I'll PM about location, best not leave a trail to all the AV equipment online...

And holy :-O at that Emotiva equipment BubbaLump!

BubbaLump

Banned
that is not true 4k.

let me know the impressions of the gaming and the input lag. thanks

I spent the better part of an hour with the Sony VPL-VW365ES, JVC DLA-X550 and the Epson 5040 at Magnoilia Hifi watching UHD content on Samsungs UHD Blu Ray player. I ordered the Epson that day. Here is why:

JVC absoulutely has the best black levels with Epson close behind. The Sony's was a little washed out. Now the color and brightness is where the Epson comes in. Because of it's higher lumen count, the colors are just so bright and vibrant, it looked just like my Samsumg KS8000. When watching UHD material, I challenge you to see the difference between Sony's true 4K projector versus JVC's and Epson's E-Shift technology, I seriously could NOT see a difference and was not about to spend $10K for that projector. Now I use my projector for gaming which is why the JVC is out of the equation because its response time is over 100 milliseconds. Just no doable with any FPS games or any games that require fast responses. I have seen 0.27 to 0.29 even in fine mode with the Epson:

https://youtu.be/kesHXEe7vis

teaveee

Just moved into my new rental and picked up some new furniture. Had to get a new TV stand to fit the 65" KS8000 I ordered lol. Long time lurker in this thread so I figured it was time to post my own setup.
yw8rHdj.jpg

I spent the better part of an hour with the Sony VPL-VW365ES, JVC DLA-X550 and the Epson 5040 at Magnoilia Hifi watching UHD content on Samsungs UHD Blu Ray player. I ordered the Epson that day. Here is why:

JVC absoulutely has the best black levels with Epson close behind. The Sony's was a little washed out. Now the color and brightness is where the Epson comes in. Because of it's higher lumen count, the colors are just so bright and vibrant, it looked just like my Samsumg KS8000. When watching UHD material, I challenge you to see the difference between Sony's true 4K projector versus JVC's and Epson's E-Shift technology, I seriously could NOT see a difference and was not about to spend $10K for that projector. Now I use my projector for gaming which is why the JVC is out of the equation because its response time is over 100 milliseconds. Just no doable with any FPS games or any games that require fast responses. I have seen 0.27 to 0.29 even in fine mode with the Epson:

https://youtu.be/kesHXEe7vis
nice to know, I was thinking on building a set up with projector for movies and a TV for games, but based on what you are saying, I might just do projector

IMACOMPUTA

Dealing with a small space.
Also, sorry for not having a game on the screen when I took this picture.

Push the couch back and put the storage ottoman on the cushion and the space doubles as my Vive play area.

Pretty much done with my PC gaming setup.
Dell 27" 2560x1440 144hz Gsync Monitor
1070 EVGA FTW
16gb Ram
Corsair mousepad,keyboard,mouse,liquid cooler,ram.. Waiting on the MM800 MPad to arrive
Finished all the cable management as well.. Getting ready for some PC gaming(I haven't played PC since 05)

What are you using for the bias lighting?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Sorry about the quality, my camera sucks taking pictures in artificial light.

PC Room:

ZKQjPX7.png

Thinking of moving the bed out and putting a couch there...but ehh... too much hassle and I go to sleep in there sometimes. Gonna put up a floating shelf soon, and ill update the picture then, hopefully with a better camera.

Top Bottom