• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

TBiddy

more like you have an issue with colours.
setup and place looks very stylish and sleek though.
i think i wouldnt add a lot of colour, if at all.

I don't think I'd like to live in a cold place like that. Add some red speakers, some art on the wall of whatever. Something.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
1cBTSPV.png

Much better lighting. Still want a better camera tho.

Kyne

my wife would love that clock as well.

Looks great if you ask me, two questions:
Where did you get that clock?
And is your desk a side table and a desk top with legs from IKEA?

There are a lot of "duplicates" of the clock. Be sure you pick one that has good reviews. Mine came in great, and this is the one I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XMC3G3G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The desk is built with the legs you can find + LINNMON top.

Kyne

Kyne, do you not like...have any fucking dust?

the whole point of my minimalist layout is that it's easy to clean. It takes about 45 minutes for me to vacuum/dust/sweep my entire place. I usually do this every other Sunday (so about twice a month) and things stay looking good as new.

Kudo

the whole point of my minimalist layout is that it's easy to clean. It takes about 45 minutes for me to vacuum/dust/sweep my entire place. I usually do this every other Sunday (so about twice a month) and things stay looking good as new.

Gotta hand it to you, your place looks amazing.
Really dig the layout too and when stuff isn't packed in single spot I can see that it won't take too long to keep it clean like that, wish I had more space myself as dust is so annoying to clean when whole space is full of boxes and table full of gear as there's no other place for them so always have to move everything away one at time to even clean the dust from table.
Your pics inspired me, might change something in future so that it's easier to keep clean.

Porkepik

Main hub (basement)
zT0WjfY.jpg

Ps4 pro,Psvr,xbox one s,Ps3
Projector viewsonic pro 8100 and 100" screen
Pioneer VSX 523 amp

Secondary Hub (living room)
wjhKHvl.jpg

Ps4, xbox one,wii u, ps vita tv
Soundbar Sony htct 780
Sony bravia w600b 48 inch

Tertiary Hub (son's bedroom)
PVJ6cPE.jpg

Ps2, Wii
32 inch lcd
+connected whenever needed, psx,dreamcast,snes,n64,genesis

Main pc (connected on the projector/amp)
EGw6H1f.jpg

Xps 9100,nvidia 950,12gig
Steam big picture mode and xbox one wireless controller to play on the projector

Son's pc (minecraft/skyrim machine)
Xvi1xZp.jpg

Xps 8300,nvidia 750,8 gig

Portable gaming
Gba,Nds,Psp,New 3ds xl,ps vita...and a bunch of tablets

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Main hub (basement)
zT0WjfY.jpg

Ps4 pro,Psvr,xbox one s,Ps3
Projector viewsonic pro 8100 and 100" screen
Pioneer VSX 523 amp

Secondary Hub (living room)
wjhKHvl.jpg

Ps4, xbox one,wii u, ps vita tv
Soundbar Sony htct 780
Sony bravia w600b 48 inch

Tertiary Hub (son's bedroom)
PVJ6cPE.jpg

Ps2, Wii
32 inch lcd
+connected whenever needed, psx,dreamcast,snes,n64,genesis

Main pc (connected on the projector/amp)
EGw6H1f.jpg

Xps 9100,nvidia 950,12gig
Steam big picture mode and xbox one wireless controller to play on the projector

Son's pc (minecraft/skyrim machine)
Xvi1xZp.jpg

Xps 8300,nvidia 750,8 gig

Portable gaming
Gba,Nds,Psp,New 3ds xl,ps vita...and a bunch of tablets

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Velcro-One-...281223?hash=item3acd49fc87:g:qZoAAOSwOyJX4~b8

s-l500.jpg

Kyne

What cabinet is that you have under the TV and are the walls painted magnolia?

Looks like the ever versatile Besta from Ikea

Dude above has got it. This thing can be made 100 different ways so it's easy to get exactly what you want out of it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I know it doesn't seem like much but I spent a lot of time+thought into the feng shui of it all.

I hope someone noticed my Mirror's Edge pillows :(

I recently moved back to my parents house. Was living in a less than 300 sq feet apartment for about a year until now. It's nice to be able to use my 5.1 sound system again.

Apartment...
zb5uk9f.jpg

Now- Hardly any of this is new. I often visited my parents when I was living elsewhere and kept most of this setup here. Sorry it's a little messy.

EvS66zn.jpg

Osieuqn.jpg

q3twvHV.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, that's a Razer Firefly mousepad under my Xbox One. Put that there this evening and I like it. My Razer mouse wasn't working well with the matte texture, so I decided to try finding a new use for the mouse pad.

ceVFKBS.jpg

Elitist1945

So I ran my ethernet cable threw the vent in my room which goes right down to a vent next to where my router is.

Is this a bad idea?

Laeth

Neo Member
We put the Christmas tree up, so no better time to post a few pictures. We only moved in a few months ago, so building the place up.

No audio on our setup at the moment as the TV stand doesn't fit our amp :(. Buying a new stand + a decent 2.1 setup after Christmas.

We have a work in progress games room + desk area, but I think I'll post some images of that next year :).

Love this thread by the way.

I like seeing the pics and stuff, but I also think we need some sort of advice thread. Something where you can talk about the most mundane aspects of it like surge protectors and in-wall wiring.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I like seeing the pics and stuff, but I also think we need some sort of advice thread. Something where you can talk about the most mundane aspects of it like surge protectors and in-wall wiring.

I agree with that, though the question is whether a thread like that would have enough traffic. But it'd be cool to have a place where people can work on replicating some of the more... aspirational setups here.

Mikeside

I agree with that, though the question is whether a thread like that would have enough traffic. But it'd be cool to have a place where people can work on replicating some of the more... aspirational setups here.

Might as well throw that stuff in this thread. I can't imagine anybody complaining!

Sure would reduce the load time on each page with a few Q&A posts breaking up the photo barrages for those on shitty internet! (that's a joke, I'm not complaining)

Might as well throw that stuff in this thread. I can't imagine anybody complaining!

Sure would reduce the load time on each page with a few Q&A posts breaking up the photo barrages for those on shitty internet! (that's a joke, I'm not complaining)

In here is fine, just didn't want to piss anyone off. I went to plug in a new Chromecast to the back of my main TV, and realized I didn't have any way to power it on without unplugging something. Had to unplug my Logitech receiver temporarily.

For those with a Chromecast/streaming stick, are you attaching directly to the TV or going through a switch/receiver? Are you putting in USB ports in your wall if the former? Just thinking about things down the road, I have two wall-mount TVs I want to clean things up for, and a third in the future.

Me again with mundane stuff. No need for us to have an insane networking cabinet or anything, but I upgraded my router and made a new networking board. This sits right behind where my home office is, so the accessibility and neatness is appreciated. Got some power wires on the bottom to clean up, and order some custom length cables or make my own. Switch there is for hooking up the four consoles I have at my desk when I do.

31113636110_762dd78d0d.jpg

I do agree on that, it needs some cable clutter management especially in my son's room

You might want to head over to this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318850

We already do have that thread. I started it right before Thanksgiving. See the link above.

After moving in about a month ago and tinkering I am finally happy with the living room where our main TV is. Need to get a good controller charging stand for the psvr but otherwise it's good.

Only thing missing is our picture of hannibal lecter to go over the TV but we need to sort that out with the landlord.

9mctz2V.jpg

Yes Boss!

My pretty crappy space of my place in Korea. Made due with it the last two to years but eager to get back to a normal apartment early next year and back to all my gaming stuff. I enjoy playing older games and newer games. Like arcade style stuff.

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

image_7.jpeg

Top Bottom