• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your RETRO Gaming Setup

-Gozer-

78zr40F.jpg

I'm running outta room here.

top shelf:
Neo Geo AES with AV and unibios mods
Gamecube
Xbox 360
PS3 (top)
PS2 (modded)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast

bottom shelf:
SNES
NES
Wii
Sega Genesis with CD attached
Neo Geo 1 Slot MVS
Ketsui and ESP Ra.De. PCBs (supergun not shown)

brainpann

Im loving the setups some of you gaffers have!

Anyway, here is my setup. My girlfriend makes fun of me because my apartment is so tiny yet I keep putting more stuff into it. So much so that my setup has overflowed into the bedroom.

This is the living room and where I keep most of my systems. All of the old consoles run to a bandridge scart selector then go to my xrgb.

Most of my older systems are modded to play imports, if needed.

This is my wall of games.

This is the spill over into the bedroom.

Eventually when I get a larger place, id like to keep the pvm next to the lcd. This is fine for right now though.

jackal27

Banned
Here is my setup. I've since moved, but the setup remains the same except with more games, a swivel under the TV, and bean bag chairs. It's simple, but I like it. Currently running through Grandia 2.

1169923_1414773038761623_808880791_n.jpg

dodgeme

This is my kind of thread. Gotta share my setup of course.

The room doubles as my bedroom as well but I think I've done pretty well with what space I have.

Sorry about the poor lighting, the room is a basement so I don't have a ton of light coming in and I really don't like how the overhead lights light the room.

htPYJQq.jpg

The monitor is a rebranded Sony PVM that was sold to hospitals under the Olympus name. Still just as good and cost a fraction of the price. These are the bulk of my retro consoles. NES Toploader Composite Modded, N64 RGB Modded, SNES, Sega Genesis Model 1/Sega CD Model 1, Sega Saturn Import, PS2, Wii. I do have a few others such as the Atari consoles but I don't really use them and need to get around to composite mod them. Also using an older Onkyo TX-830 for sound, there are two speakers, the one is off to the right and just not pictured. Heres a few close ups.

XF99L0q.jpg

JU9CnRb.jpg

3pDVTn6.jpg

vmbQm61.jpg

Brofield

Not quite up to date. I'm in the process of packing things up since I'm building a new house though. I now have a 32X and a ton of additional games.

(Sorry for the blurry Mario Kart Double Dash screenshot)

DSCN1836_zps4f9483bb.jpg

What beast of a TV is that? Looks mighty impressive if it can do RGB or even component cables.

Khaz

That's not true, there's also component, which can be used with RGB sources using a SCART to component converter. For consoles that can't do S-video this makes a huge difference.

Yes but the guy was asking about random thriftstore CRTs. Component is uncommon enough not to be on every CRT TVs in America, and he said he wouldn't want to get a fancy Trinitron yet. And you can get an RGB to Svideo converter too.

televator

Aha, here we go:

Yes, I cover a lot of my stuff in bags, because I fucking HATE dusting every 24 hours. So here is whats pictured system wise:

PS3 phat, PS2 phat, X360 phat, PS4, PS1, XBOX, SEGA Genesis model 1/32x/CD model 1/Power Base, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube/GB Player, N64, SNES/Super GB2, NES toaster, PSP, PSVita, NDS, N3DS, and 240p and 480i coming from any system is fed to the Framemeister. Edit: lol forgot to say I also have a Wii lolololololol and the ancient PC is off camera.

Also I have a lot more Genesis games than are visible since all the loose ones are inside the casette drawer. Loose N64 games are tucked away somewhere else since they are a PITA to store on shelves.

virtualS

Here's my setup:

setup.jpg

Everything Sega and Nintendo... there's a PAL 32x there lurking in the shadows. RGB Euro Scart or JP21 everything including a modded N64. XRGB-Mini running to a Sony LCD. Sony Trinitron. XBOX. PS2 in another room filled with games. 48km of wires. Two step down transformers.

Currently playing Doom 64 Japanese edition complete with green blood. Absolutely awesome game. Can't believe I dismissed it when it first came out.

Wanting to add a Neo Geo AES, 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Amiga CD32, x68000 and PC Engine Duo R in the future.

PM me if you live in Sydney and want to hang out... or sell me stuff :)

televator

What beast of a TV is that? Looks mighty impressive if it can do RGB or even component cables.

They're actually projection tech so I don't think they do scanlines though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Severe lack of PCE/TG16 lovin in some of these setups...ppl go get a core gfx and an everdrive STAT....

I'll happily take one that doesn't cost above 50 bucks... :p

This is just about all of my Retro stuff, minus all of my handheld consoles which reside in my nightstand. My SNES is missing because it's in pieces being restored right now. I try to spend a couple hours a week down here.

j3j0ylOUKiNOx.jpg

All of my boxed consoles are behind glass until I find a better spot.

jsjKl5KDqgDaF.jpg

Peltz

This is just about all of my Retro stuff, minus all of my handheld consoles which reside in my nightstand. My SNES is missing because it's in pieces being restored right now. I try to spend a couple hours a week down here.

j3j0ylOUKiNOx.jpg

All of my boxed consoles are behind glass until I find a better spot.

Totally dope setup.

How did you do the lit-up areas in your shelving?

I have a glass display for some of my retro consoles:
20131120_21045063pni.jpg

I swapped out the PS2 with a N64 recently, (and then the PS1 with a Mega Drive, but haven't got a pic of that):
20140304_195321tyqgm.jpg

eXistor

Well, I did my part.

If anyone is looking to get one I strongly recommend the modded ones from eBay seller doujindance.
I'm very much in the market for one, but my main problem is being from Europe. It's kind of hard to come across decent prices that way.

Tyrael

Wow, people here have awesome retro setups!

I have one, but it's a lot more modest.

IxXOuco.jpg

It's a bit diferent now since I put my Sega CD model 2 pluged to my modded japanese Mega Drive to have S-Video signal on the Sega CD games. Then, I moved the Saturn to my Sony 42W655A to use with a combination of a S-Video to VGA converter + RetroVGA scanlines generator + VGA to HDMI converter. I only did that with the Saturn because only it and the PC Engine I can use with this setup without having a annoying flicker on the screen.

FZub8A1.jpg

qC0qzi1.jpg

4rtTXeN.jpg

6tEArXt.jpg

lHs8ALS.jpg

epCSGgk.jpg

sniperpon

Severe lack of PCE/TG16 lovin in some of these setups

Hey, I did my part :D

Man at this thread... I need to get some cool shelving for all of my games. Also, thread makes me realize how little I actually own of old consoles and games, all things considered.

Teknoman

Here is my retro 8-bit and 16-bit computer gaming Atari 65XE and Atari 1040STe set-up.

DSCN0254.jpg

Whoa, you think that was a picture from the mid nineties! Crazy how good condition the PC stuff is.

I'd snap mine, but no one has figured out a good way to manage the cables lol.

Lettuce

My rather geto setup at the moment, when i get my new property ill have a proper room dedicated to all this stuff and my tower of games....

Also have a PVM and a Trinitron 25" in storage that ill be utilising as well

Mercutio

Here's the extent of my stuff right now. Neo Geo (Omega MVS), Saturn, Genesis, and SNES are all running RGB through the switchbox to the XRGB Mini. The Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox (hidden under the desk) run Component to another switch, and then into the XRGB as well. Dreamcast / PC Engine / Famicom run Composite through the Mini's front.

6781F15E-17B2-48B0-9DEF-DB43F02CBCCB_zpsz0odlcww.jpg

I need to swap out the shelving on the right for actual shelves; there just isn't enough space there.

70B33BA6-33ED-4C17-BFBA-809F1F90B606_zpsvur6uyz8.jpg

Normally a PS3 sits in that spot that the PS4 is in now. Damn thing isn't even plugged in. Please note the PC Engine resting in a spot of privilege and comfort.

4A5A23FC-9B10-4613-BA73-32F36D17A63B_zpsp91a0vbh.jpg

All audio can be routed through the tube amplifier to the left of the Genesis / Sega CD, and I use either an HD600, SR80, or Sony 7506 for private audio.

Mihos

Gold Member
These are the ones hooked up and working. The vita TV, Shield games streaming, and Odyssey 2 are hard to make out... the TV itself supports PS Now also. This is all across from the bar (not shown). The RF systems go through a tuner component that is mounted above them. I need to sort out a better way to switch between them. I have a few more to add, like the PC duo, but I have some things to sort out first.

consoles1.jpg

Consoles2.jpg

I also keep some older handhelds out for play. This isn't even close to all of them. I have a ton of emulator system from all over I want to get a display case for. I want to keep these in glass also.

Handheld1.jpg

I keep a PS3, 360, and WiiU hooked up to the projector in a media closet (still working on that). The screen drops down in front of a smaller screen the kids play PS4 on.

Newer1.jpg

theater1.jpg

I keep my PS4, XBone, and X51 system on the TV in the bedroom and just stream them to the basement.... no pictures for that, since this is about retro.

Mercutio

These are the ones hooked up and working. The vita TV, Shield games streaming, and Odyssey 2 are hard to make out... the TV itself supports PS Now also. This is all across from the bar (not shown). The RF systems go through a tuner component that is mounted above them. I need to sort out a better way to switch between them. I have a few more to add, like the PC duo, but I have some things to sort out first.

I also keep some older handhelds out for play. This isn't even close to all of them. I have a ton of emulator system from all over I want to get a display case for. I want to keep these in glass also.

I love that shelving. Custom made?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Some gorgeous collections here... I'm always interested in seeing storage solutions for people's retro games. I'm in the process of re-organizing some stuff and buying new storage, not to mention both my 3DO and Duo are in the shop for repairs, so I'll hesitate for now...

Haluko

My main setup 70 inch tv. Retron 5 and PS4. I have my entire basement on philips hue color changing lighting, and a huge love sac to sit in. I like minimal with no damn wires. Only the top used games are out.

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

My wall of systems

IMG_4104.jpg

The MAME arcade cabinet with about 5000 games. SHUMP and fighting game heaven for me.

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

Peltz

I have an XRGB Mini, but whenever I want the authentic experience, I bust out this 20" PVM and play it on the bar counter in my kitchen.

10980724_10100978607903820_424414940756279599_n.jpg

I basically end up busting it out every few days. I live in a one bedroom apartment so unfortunately, there's no room for a permanent retro-area :'(

I keep all my games in my "game closet" which is just a converted broom closet. It's not much of a retro-setup unfortunately.

Ravager61

Here is my setup
B5ZYHCZh.jpg

NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Gamecube. Dreamcast, PS2, Saturn

My cables are a bit of a mess on the side over there but the TV stand I have doesn't do so well with so many cables.

Here's the games
yy3OnUih.jpg

Pretty jealous of some of these setups. I keep all of my retro games in my office right now. When we move into a bigger house I'll be building a nice game room in the basement.

9EQklLuh.jpg

I keep all my consoles tucked into this entertainment center. Some of my extras are hidden behind the doors at the bottom.

9WzLx1rh.jpg

Here's most of my games and some of my boxed systems. All my current gen stuff is in the living room. My game collection is about a quarter of what it was about a year ago. I sold a good chunk off as an investment in starting my indie dev business.

Bubba77

consoles1.jpg

Consoles2.jpg

Handheld1.jpg

I keep a PS3, 360, and WiiU hooked up to the projector in a media closet (still working on that). The screen drops down in front of a smaller screen the kids play PS4 on.

Newer1.jpg

theater1.jpg

I keep my PS4, XBone, and X51 system on the TV in the bedroom and just stream them to the basement.... no pictures for that, since this is about retro.

This may sound a bit forward but......CAN WE BE BEST FRIENDS?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

consoles1.jpg

Teehee I just picked up the "8" switchbox too.

Top Bottom