• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Showdown with Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
So says the IAEA found 3 reasons why Iran might have restarted its program. Says one sounds like another that was wrong and ignores the other two "they come from two member states. " and then later states he thinks Iran might have a weaponization program and says they are acting like they have something to hide....

How is that a blockbuster op-ed. He's asking for prudence. That's fine and I think most people share that. But he's not saying Iran's program is peaceful and they're just getting bullied.

Also just a question to those that think Iran's program is peaceful while at the same time the US and mossad are killing their scientists.. Say for example they are (I don't know) wouldn't that kind of say that the US or Israel have pretty good access to the program? And that their intelligence might be good. Or are you of the persuasion that the USA and Israel and the EU just wants war for the hell of it
No, he's saying, specifically, the IAEA report people like you cite constantly is nowhere near the smoking gun you present it to be. He also says the overwhelming majority of the evidence is related to the time (pre 2004) when Iran was actively pursuing weapons. The op-ed doesnt undercut the argument that Iran's program has a military dimension, it undercuts the evidence you (and the media) bring up to support that claim. Why? Because it's dubious, highly suspect, maybe even fraudulent. I hope every time you cite that IAEA report, someone calls you out on the fact that that report isnt authoritative in the slightest.

jorma

is now taking requests
If they are working on a secret government-funded weapons project, then yes they are.
The guys working at DARPA for example are working for the military. They are a military target.

so if they get killed in retaliation you're all "ok, that was probably for the best", rather than "fuck you iran, this means war, and you started it"?

Cromat

so if they get killed in retaliation you're all "ok, that was probably for the best", rather than "fuck you iran, this means war, and you started it"?

It's already war. Iran is responsible for Israeli and American casualties using the terror organizations it sponsors, and Israel/America kill their scientists.

I am not siding with Iran, or any other radically run Muslim country. I don't dislike them, I think that is their problem, if it is a problem at all.

Iran doesn't have nuclear bombs, there is no proof of it. Actually all proof points that there is no weapon planned at this stage.

Israel has a couple of hundred nuclear bombs, USA is the only country to have used them on some other country (second bomb was an extra not needed at all, Japan was done at that point, but that is different topic) and now all of a sudden these two countries have higher moral ground?

Maybe Israel should be an example and get rid of theirs first. It's silly to think that Iran would even dare to touch Israel. There would be such retaliation from USA and EU like you would never believe.

I honestly think confrontation with Iran will lead to WW3. Iran is not Iraq. Ca 80 million people in Iran. Seriously enough with pointless wars. Americans need to elect someone who doesn't do what lobbyist tell him to do, and who isn't war monger.

Then he won't be "elected", simple as that :)

Washington Post said:
Although Iran has continued to develop its nuclear infrastructure — including a recently revealed second uranium-enrichment facility — the “pause” in the nation’s direct march toward a weapon continues, the intelligence official said.

“Our belief is that they are reserving judgement on whether to continue with key steps they haven’t taken regarding nuclear weapons,” he said.

“It’s not a technical problem,” he said, adding that Iran already has the capability to build a bomb.

Israel, the intelligence official said, has “a different opinion. They think [Iran] has already made the decision.

The possibility that Israel will take action on its own to thwart Iran’s nuclear ambitions is “a very serious concern,” the intelligence official said. If the Israelis attack, he said, “it is very clear that Iran will retaliate” against Israel and ultimately hold the United States responsible.

“In the end,” the intelligence official said of Israel, “they’re a sovereign country. . . . How much notice they might give us, I don’t know.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/goal-of-iran-sanctions-is-regime-collapse-us-official-says/2012/01/10/gIQA0KJsoP_story_1.html
Iran isnt building a bomb, even though they could, at this moment, do so.
I have to say, if Israel does attack Iran, it would be the beginning of the end of the "Zionist dream." Beyond the immediate problem of Hezbollah and/or Iranian attacks on their infrastructure, the more catastrophic development would be peope emigrating from that country to Europe and America because it would be too dangerous to live there. I doubt the probability of this happening (and the irony of it) is lost on israel's more sane leaders.
With a growing Arab population inside and outside the green-line, a dramatic decline in the Jewish population is a death knell for for Israel surviving as a Jewish majority state over the next few decades.

Al-ibn Kermit

http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6720/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DMD68kFb

In two weeks, IAEA officials will meet with their Iranian counterparts to discuss the allegations that Iran is on the path to developing nuclear weapons. While Iran is expected to not change their position that the nuclear program is only for civilian purposes and not illegal in any way, the fact that they are willing to sit and discuss the allegations is apparently considered significant.

Hopefully the trip is productive. I'm not sure what exactly it would take to make US/Europe happy.

http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6720/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DMD68kFb

In two weeks, IAEA officials will meet with their Iranian counterparts to discuss the allegations that Iran is on the path to developing nuclear weapons. While Iran is expected to not change their position that the nuclear program is only for civilian purposes and not illegal in any way, the fact that they are willing to sit and discuss the allegations is apparently considered significant.

Hopefully the trip is productive. I'm not sure what exactly it would take to make US/Europe happy.
regime change.
anyway this is must see TV on media double standards with regards to the coverage of the murder of Iranian scientists and the (alleged) Iranian assassination plot against the Saudi ambassador.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-o7hLQ_bc

Farooq

Banned
regime change.
anyway this is must see TV on media double standards with regards to the coverage of the murder of Iranian scientists and the (alleged) Iranian assassination plot against the Saudi ambassador.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-o7hLQ_bc

I just saw that, it was pretty glaring. Especially in light of the Israeli/Jundallah story FP broke last week.

Edit: I should probably link the article, it has relevance in this thread.

False Flag "A series of CIA memos describes how Israeli Mossad agents posed as American spies to recruit members of the terrorist organization Jundallah to fight their covert war against Iran."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom