• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida confirms all games at Sony conference shown on standard PS4

Daria

Including Microsoft, they need to be ready to be asked this every E3 or overtime they show something...

Like, "was that running on Standard PS4/XBO or Neo/Scorpio".
I know I would be curious every time they showed something.

with Sony confirming that Neo wasn't going to be at E3, I'm going to assume everything Sony shows is on a standard PS4

bunkitz

That they didn't talk about the Neo at all during the conference made me pretty confident that everything was running on the standard unit, but hearing it from the man himself is a pretty big relief, still.

I was at least considering God of War to be running on the Neo, since the rumors said it would be a Neo launch title. Fucking glad it wasn't.

Anyone else here share the same opinion that in the future, they should still primarily advertise games with the standard graphics? I know it would be beneficial to, of course, show the games at their strongest, but considering that the standard units are supposed to coexist with the Neo, then I think it would be better to just show off the already fantastic looking games then leave the even better looking versions up for consumers to see for themselves, or in smaller announcements.

I don't get how people don't believe this after we've seen Uncharted 4
A lot of people are either cynical or think think they are smart and can look past the 'lies'.

I'm pretty sure Jim sterling was doubting it was on standard ps4's on his reaction videos, maybe Colin moriarty too but not sure on that one.

I take some crow here because I was hype-shocked by God of War and reasoned it had to be on Neo.

But after going back and watching it, it's definitely a title the base PS4 is capable of.

That being said, I'm definitely going to wait for surety until I get the games myself.

Slaythe

This was confirmed to be ingame.

o6c6wJI.gif

Let it sink in.

The Neo is gonna murder it all.

Yeah just like that Uncharted 4 downgrade amirite

Nothing shown really looked mindshatteringly good enough to cause any concern here. Not sure why people are so suspicious.

Sony wants people to see the clear difference in a Neo-enhanced game, they're not going to try to secretly show them without saying anything.

Uncharted 4 did get a downgrade.

It still looks fantastic, but its not as good looking as it was shown pre-launch. People are suspicious because this has been going on this entire generation, and I'm personally going to remain skeptical of the graphics until I play the game for myself at home. Doesn't detract me from any of the hype, just better that way to not get swept up with another downgrade fiasco. Nothing inherently to do with the PS4k, yet anyway.

Best wishes.

lynux3

This was still an issue? I don't understand the confusion around this. Everything runs on a "standard" PlayStation 4.

Crayon

This was confirmed to be ingame.

o6c6wJI.gif

Let it sink in.

The Neo is gonna murder it all.

It will hardly look any better on neo. And they could have made that look hardly any worse on xb1.

Making a game look like that takes money, talent and time.

Soriku

Hell I've seen at least one person question whether Zelda was actually running on a Wii U. Safe to say people don't know what the fuck they're talking about and like jumping to conclusions.

Horizon and GoW looked fantastic, but GT Sports is the one that really got me wondering. Given Poliphony's pedigree I'm not surprised though.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I had doubts about Horizon and GOW.but good to have confirmation. Damn I can only imagine how good it will look on Neo then lol

It still looks fantastic, but its not as good looking as it was shown pre-launch. People are suspicious because this has been going on this entire generation, and I'm personally going to remain skeptical of the graphics until I play the game for myself at home. Doesn't detract me from any of the hype, just better that way to not get swept up with another downgrade fiasco. Nothing inherently to do with the PS4k, yet anyway.

Best wishes.

UC4 was never downgraded from gameplay .
We got one trailer where they said they were aiming for 60fps .
After that we got gameplay at 30 and from there things got better .

thuway

Shocking news. Sarcasm aside, the PS4 has quite a simple yet elegant architecture and the power extractable is far more exciting than what I and plenty of others originally thought.

Ventara

Very nice. I was really worried that I'd have to upgrade to experience games like God of War at that quality, so this is reassuring.

Ricky_R

Fwiw, there was a good amount of chugging in the stage demo.

Best wishes.

You could make a case about Thief's End's teaser, but it ended up looking as good, if not better at times... Just at half the framerate. The final game, however, looked FAR better than all the released footage after that reveal.

Also, there hasn't been a downgrade from a Sony game yet, afaik. There's been improvements if anything.

spwolf

God of War
Days Gone
Horizon: Zero Dawn

All looked phenomenal. Probably the best looking games I've ever seen actually.

Horizon was the best one because it has very clean graphics and you can see it looks stunning.

Days Gone and GOW looked great too, but due to gritty filters you never know what did the compression screw up.

I was most surprised by some PSVR games as people said they will look a lot worse... that game on another planet looked great.

Vinc

At this point, games pretty much look good enough. IQ and framerate upgrades are the way to go. Then add more stuff on screen and better AI etc!

Top Bottom