• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida confirms all games at Sony conference shown on standard PS4

I just love when everybody teams up on me. Yes i'm sure a lot of the games in the conference had this level of insane detail....

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(9).jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(8).jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(5).jpg

Pebbles...

-_-

First thing I thought of.

Last time I remember Sony's first party game getting noticeable downgrade between reveal and release was KillZone 2. I don't know why people keep shouting downgrades at every thread nowadays. Sony's games actually usually get graphical upgrades.

I just love when everybody teams up on me. Yes i'm sure a lot of the games in the conference had this level of insane detail....

Pebbles...

-_-

This is probably the only exception to that rule. This game doesn't even have an engine selected yet.

What surprises me about everyone being shocked about GOW, is that SSM use to push the ps3 hardware graphically with these games all the time

Macrotus

Days Gone was the only one I would question. The amount of enemies on screen was pretty insane.

Yeah.

The amount of moving objects is insane. The CPU is going to be the bottleneck.
I'd be surprised if we don't see any fps drops in the final game when zombies swarming everywhere.

Pebbles...

-_-
Uncharted looks incredibly detailed, look at the pictures thread.

And regardless it was a teaser/video and they don't have an engine. It wasn't a game, ps4 can run a trailer.

JordanN

Banned
Of all the consoles to put doubt on, it doesn't make sense to pick PS4.

It's been the most powerful console since it was first announced. The graphics are meant to be at the very top.

Pebbles...

-_-

Did anyone think that Kojima's reveal was running in real-time on PS4..?

Edit: Right, it's essentially a tech-demo with limited scope and all of the horsepower focussed on rendering, I don't expect the final game to look like this.

What surprises me about everyone being shocked about GOW, is that SSM use to push the ps3 hardware graphically with these games all the time

God of war 3 and ascension had fixed camera angles. That right there gives them a very notable graphical advantage compared to other third person games. Also, i love how much more realistic Kratos looks because of the polycount increase.

PS4_GodofWar3Remastered.jpg

image_god_of_war_ascension-21548-2495_0015.jpg

27556748462_7e22e3e046_o.png

After Uncharted 4 why would you think the PS4 couldn't run the new GOW or Horizon? Yes Naughty Dog are wizards not from Earth but the PS4 still has some life left in it I think. Especially from Internal Studios.

Raylan

Banned
Horizon was the best one because it has very clean graphics and you can see it looks stunning.

Days Gone and GOW looked great too, but due to gritty filters you never know what did the compression screw up.

I was most surprised by some PSVR games as people said they will look a lot worse... that game on another planet looked great.
FARPOINT

And yes, it looks damn good :)

I think the funniest thing about questioning whether it's really ps4 is the studios in question. Naughty dog,Ssm and GH have been the wizardry of the PS consoles for years.

Dinjooh

This is probably the only exception to that rule. This game doesn't even have an engine selected yet.

Well, I was shocked once I saw it was with a free camera, the fixed camera gave them a huge advantage over other developers on the PS3.

Days Gone was the only one I would question. The amount of enemies on screen was pretty insane.

It dipped below 30 quite a lot and you could notice some clipping of enemies at a distance. I have no doubt at all that it was running on a PS4.

that is unbelievable!!

and yet believable at the same time. because we know the wizards sony first party (and kojima) has. we've seen proof in visuals from killzone, infamous, uncharted, etc.

THE:MILKMAN

they also said that that Killzone CGI trailer was real time so...

Now that is a blast from the past. Jack Tretton deliberately choosing to answer Geoff Keighley's question about Killzone with talk about I-8/Resistance!

Jack Tretton was a legend and probably should have been a politician.

The reason these games look so good is because Sony doesn't rush their developers. Say what you will about Soony, but look what they can achieve when they aren't being rushed.

Zareka

Nice, I was worried about that. I'll be more likely to pick up Horizon then. I was afraid it'd run like garbage on a regular PS4.

amdb00mer

Um, I personally didn't think we needed clarification on this. Sony was not going to show something that was not running on standard PS4 hardware or at least a dev kit. I don't think they would have wanted to become the next Aliens: Colonial Marines or Watch Dogs 1.

Memento

Wow. I seriously thought God of War was running on Neo because that shit looks out of this world. Best graphics I have ever seen in any game to date.

jjonez18

Sony got some wizards in SIE Worldwide Studios. Making that hardware stretch.
Just like the PS3, PS2, and PS1 before. People need to have some faith and show some respect for their technical prowess.

specdot

None of the showcased games stuck out to me as not being possible on stock PS4 hardware. They all looked within batting distance of what Uncharted 4 already pulled off effortlessly, and will have additional months, maybe even years worth of hardware maturity to work with.

People also forget that SSM and Guerilla are every bit the technical peers of Naughty Dog, too.
I thought the same until I saw Days Gone. Not so much the graphics, but the freakin wave of zombies pouring out the doors and chasing after the dude.

freefornow

Gold Member
There was nothing wizard-like in regards to the "grass draw in" on that Horizon footage. Literally 2 meters in front of the player and in a straight line to boot. Can not unsee!!
Yeah, I know, early days, plenty of time to improve etc etc. NEO sould hopefully be able to improve those sorts of graphical aspects going forward.

Top Bottom