• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu's Twitter has been hacked (@yosp)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Doesnt twitter have 2 step authentication?

This proves that people dont use it even when its available lol

Yes.

And I assume most do not use it, because it never prompts you it is there. You have to want to look for it to see it.

Your average person probably doesn't even know what 2step is.

Only person I knew who used it on Facebook, and was shocked she knew about it, was a friend of mine. And it was due to her losing her phone and going ape shit. Come to find out, she was cheating on her BF, like a lot... so she took all precautions to lock her info down, and it came full circle why she was so scared hysterically of her phone loss (being still logged into Facebook), lol.

Syntsui

So they hacked his email? Otherwise, he could just change his password. Also, can't verified users directly contact twitter support to get their account back proving they are themselves?

God, these hackers lack so much creativity. They could have done so much to troll people at least, instead they invoke ethical hacking then devolve into console wars lol.

Imagine if it was someone with @KazHiraiCEO's creativity actually using an official account to say the stuff he usually says. At least it would be funny.
These guys are just plain dumb.

Eblo

I'm also of the opinion that this is somehow clever marketing for watch dogs 2. the antagonists must be a corrupt security group that compromises people's personal info in order to coerce them into buying into their security services

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If the account is verified (which it looks like it is), why doesn't Twitter just reset the password and give it back to Shu? They're just slow as fuck?

EDIT: Already done? I don't see any of that junk on his account now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:/ Poor Shu though it does go to show even higher ups aren't immune to this. I remember that day our CEO came onboard. Appearently, I was the only person in entire company to check his Twitter profile, which had been obviously hacked and he thanked me when I told him.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just remember folks 2 Step verification doesn't mean you can't be hacked, its in fact fairly easy to get around but harder than the very basic most ways of protecting passwords and accounts. Still its not some impenetrable wall.

How is it "fairly easy" to get around? Doesn't seem like it should be if the service in question has any security worth giving a fuck about.

Massa

It's the twitter app, but yeah whenever I click a tweet it says failed to load.

Shu getting a telling off by Kaz now for security.

M3LnjEa.gif

teiresias

Shu getting a telling off by Kaz now for security.

How does that conversation even go?

"You know that universally accepted security feature that helps prevent hacking of user accounts that Twitter offers but PSN doesn't? You really should be using it on Twitter."

Top Bottom