• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hil: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Coming To Vita

AmanoBuff

Sad to know they are not native ports but I'll still get them both. Never finished Shattered Memories, but loved Origins. It's a bit in the short and easy side, but the atmosphere is spot on.

Moofers

This is great news. I love SM and have been wanting to buy the PSP game for my Vita but it's still $30! Sounds like this will be cheaper than that, so that's awesome.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
SilentHillExperience.jpg

I wonder if this even can be brought over. I remember it came out about the same time as Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel, but unlike that title this one is actually in UMD video format.

Sshouldn't that make offering it digitally easier? There's other good video content that Konami just doesn't seem to want to put out there...

shlm.jpg

At least I finally got Bande Dessinee.

Just had a look and the UFO ending is in the Wii version. I'm super confused now!

konamihomer.jpg

Maybe we got trolled...

Phii

Banned
Resolution and shadow-quality aside, PSP version doesn't lack those contents the video comparison (first page) in cutscenes PS2 does.

If you care about graphics, go for Wii (many gimmicky controls though, but using the Wiimote as a flashlight felt cool to the experience).

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Dam, I would have bought SH:SM with Wii graphics on a heartbeat. But PSP-iso dumps? I though you could buy them already...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
PSP versions = digital.....FFS!
why couldn't they be a HD collection retail release? don't get me wrong I got no problem with them being PSP versions or that they are digital but those damn memory cards
I would buy loads of stuff for Vita digitally if those memory cards wasn't so expensive and even worse the 32gb & 64gb that are worth buying are hardly in stock or price inflated to high heaven, seriously those cards, prices & availability of the cards at RRP is killing a fantastic handheld, Sony needs to sort it out.

Moofers

I didn't realize this was EU only. I hope they do the same thing for US because I don't want to pay $30 for SM and not even have it be a proper Vita title.

And the remarks about the PS2 version being bad are off base. I never bought the Wii and so the version I played was the PS2 one and it's still my favorite Silent Hill next to 1. It didn't matter to me that a few effects didn't look as nice because I never bothered with the Wii version and it was fine.

PSP versions = digital.....FFS!
why couldn't they be a HD collection retail release? don't get me wrong I got no problem with them being PSP versions or that they are digital but those damn memory cards
I would buy loads of stuff for Vita digitally if those memory cards wasn't so expensive and even worse the 32gb & 64gb that are worth buying are hardly in stock or price inflated to high heaven, seriously those cards, prices & availability of the cards at RRP is killing a fantastic handheld, Sony needs to sort it out.

Probably because that last HD Collection they tried didn't go over so well...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, disappointed they aren't new ports. Could really benefit from some fixes. Shattered Memories in particular has serious streaming problems when moving between areas (on all platforms). Would be nice to see that solved.

At least the OLED display will improve the experience pretty significantly.

dreamfall

Any word on the price drop for Shattered Memories? I just checked the NA PSN, and it still is $29.99!

Goodness, I forgot games were still going for that high.

Top Bottom