• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill PS5 Reboot Rumours Are False, Konami Claims

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
That’s some harsh words for one game that came out that was co-developed by Toylogic and plays like a Toylogic game. Square put out Quiet Man and Left Alive which are probably the worst games to come out in 2018 and 2019. Maybe Sony should buy Square Enix too.
Yeah that new Contra game is the only reason Konami sucks nowadays. That's exactly what I said.

/s

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Has there ever been a time a secret game is being developed, someone questions it, and the game studio fesses up and says "Ya, you got us, we are making it"

Last edited:

Camreezie

I must be the only who found P.T to be boring and not frightening at all.

I’d love a new silent hill tough.
Nope count me as one too. I do think this will happen it's just a matter of time. Think it will be more a matter of Konami's hand being forced back into making use of their IP.

I thought the insiders said that even after the konami denial, they are sticking by their sources and believe them about the reboot happening.

MiguelItUp

I dont understand the need for a new silent hills or remake. Was the story amazing or something? Why cant Kojima just make PT and call it something else. Or Toyama just make a new horror game? Why the hype.
giphy.gif

Really though, Silent Hill is a fantastic series full of fans that just want more. They'd also love to see it handled with proper love and care. The world, its characters, its music, everything is amazing. Kojima won't do that because it was done with Silent Hill in mind. It was also Toyama's baby, so why wouldn't he want to see it get proper treatment? Especially after all the love RE has recently received? The hype is something that exists and for good reason. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea?

Last edited:

SweetShark

I dont understand the need for a new silent hills or remake. Was the story amazing or something? Why cant Kojima just make PT and call it something else. Or Toyama just make a new horror game? Why the hype.

Kojima could easily make a Silent Hill like game and just name it something like "Plight Torment".

I can't help but think Capcom's success with the RE remakes have a lot to do with it (though not sure the Dev time lines up). SH is also a recognisable name.

from what im getting here, its the lore of silent hill? Bc I recognize The Order game is whatever, but the lore is top notch.

Ive only played/recall playing Silent Hill: The Room. The game was alright. But I became inlove with the idea of a horror game taking place in a room. I just feel Toyama can make a top notch horror game for PSVR. Is the silent hill name really needed? Kojima ideas scream for a horror game. But since one of you says the story was great, I guess a remake would be nice. Wasnt bait. Pinky Promise.

GHG

from what im getting here, its the lore of silent hill? Bc I recognize The Order game is whatever, but the lore is top notch.

Ive only played/recall playing Silent Hill: The Room. The game was alright. But I became inlove with the idea of a horror game taking place in a room. I just feel Toyama can make a top notch horror game for PSVR. Is the silent hill name really needed? Kojima ideas scream for a horror game. But since one of you says the story was great, I guess a remake would be nice. Wasnt bait. Pinky Promise.

Found your problem.

When your experience/exposure to the series is so limited I honestly don't think you're in a position to be asking the questions you are.

If Sony bought the IP would they have to release that information to the public?

That's honestly the only way I can see this happening and being a secret this long.

Found your problem.

When your experience/exposure to the series is so limited I honestly don't think you're in a position to be asking the questions you are.
The Room is the only one I remember. Because of the concept of a video game taking place in a “room”. Aka PT. I probably played a few others.

vpance

Even if some of the original crew come back to make this I'd still want Kojima on board. It's an automatic next gen system seller if so.

Yeah. And the rumor isn’t that Sony purchases the IP, those 4chan rumors got tagged with these. The SH IP is being licensed. No different when two companies co-publish a game.

Just realized I was getting confused with that PasteBin rumor with Microsoft buying the IPs.

Which I don't believe at all BTW since it's PasteBin.

MiguelItUp

The Room is the only one I remember. Because of the concept of a video game taking place in a “room”. Aka PT. I probably played a few others.
The Room, while I thought was a cool sequel in some ways, originally wasn't meant to be a Silent Hill game at all. Of 1-4, it's definitely the least appealing IMO. 2 though, 2 is my baby through and through, haha. The series has definitely received its bombs unfortunately, but when it got good, it got SO incredibly good.

THEAP99

Banned
So it seems that the Sony Japan PS5 Silent Hill reboot rumors were revived today and we will see it in May.
One thing I can't understand though is why would Sony go to kojima to also make a silent hill game if Sony Japan already was for many years? i don't get it.
I hope these rumors are true, but i don't get it

mortal

Gold Member
One thing I can't understand though is why would Sony go to kojima to also make a silent hill game if Sony Japan already was for many years? i don't get it.
I believe this was due to how well received P.T. was as well as the anticipation for Silent Hills before Konami pulled the plug.
There are likely tons of concepts and ideas from that production that haven't been properly utilized, seems it would be a waste to let all that sit just on a shelf.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
It would be cool.
But Konami has the IP of this franchise. And nobody can do anything with this without a partnership with them

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I believe this was due to how well received P.T. was as well as the anticipation for Silent Hills before Konami pulled the plug.
There are likely tons of concepts and ideas from that production that haven't been properly utilized, seems it would be a waste to let all that sit just on a shelf.
It would make sense as I've heard Silent Hills was essentially a "soft reboot" itself.

yurinka

If Sony bought the IP would they have to release that information to the public?

That's honestly the only way I can see this happening and being a secret this long.
Ok, sooooo.... we still don't know whether the rumors are true or not.
I still don't believe its happening.
It's fake news.
Konami said it is not happening.
It's a fake 'rumor', we must stop spreading fake news from fake insiders with no credit.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
This is just another carefully, crafted plot by the ERA guys to once more make a fool out GAF peeps with these so called "insiders" leaks. And quite a few people here are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Perrott

Gold Member
It's fake news.
It's a fake 'rumor', we must stop spreading fake news from fake insiders with no credit.
Every single leaker/site (Dusk Golem, Rely on Horror, Emre Kaya, KatharsisT) related to the rumor has stated that Konami is lying and that the Sony-funded Silent Hill soft-reboot its in development. Also, the information provided by KatharsisT to a ResetEra mod has been verified as accurate.

You clearly don't have any idea about the rumors, how they originated, the people involved, the studio's background, etc... so I would recommend you to inform yourself better the next time you claim that a rumor is "fake news".

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's fake news.
To be fair if Sony wants this to be a big PS5 reveal, Konami has to say it is false rumours until its announced.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I suppose it's actually Microsoft that funded the game. They did similar things before (Titanfall, Dead Rising 3). Konami just shut down the rumors that it was Sony. It would make sense because of Japan. And since Sony's reveal is planned for June 4th anything happening in May is likely not Sony related.

MiguelItUp

Have y'all never heard of damage control? There's proof out there that Konami is wanting to get back into development. With everything that happened with Silent Hills it would make sense. I believe it more than I don't.

But I'm also just very hopeful. Trying to put myself in the middle though. Could happen, could not.

Last edited:

CobraXT

Banned
Silent Hill series sales were abysmal .. there is no market for psychological horror games like silent hill or fatal frame .. i doubt sony will invest
in a sh reboot ..

Paracelsus

Silent Hill series sales were abysmal .. there is no market for psychological horror games like silent hill or fatal frame .. i doubt sony will invest
in a sh reboot ..

They'll make it into a first person spooker and it'll sell 2 millions in the first month due to the twitch crowd.

Not every game needs to be a AAA, 10+ million seller. I think a lot of people would be happy with a B-level game with a modest budget.

If they gonna go from AAA to a B level SH then they better not even bother making it. When Im looking forward to a game I expect it to be great, not release whatever you can as long as its called SH.

yurinka

Every single leaker/site (Dusk Golem, Rely on Horror, Emre Kaya, KatharsisT) related to the rumor has stated that Konami is lying and that the Sony-funded Silent Hill soft-reboot its in development. Also, the information provided by KatharsisT to a ResetEra mod has been verified as accurate.

You clearly don't have any idea about the rumors, how they originated, the people involved, the studio's background, etc... so I would recommend you to inform yourself better the next time you claim that a rumor is "fake news".
To be fair if Sony wants this to be a big PS5 reveal, Konami has to say it is false rumours until its announced.
All the cases I saw companies that a rumor was fake, it was the case. And when instead of a fake rumor it was a real leak, the companies remained quiet until the announcement. I don't remember any case where a company debunked a leak that turned out to be true.

Top Bottom