• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill PS5 Reboot Rumours Are False, Konami Claims

Mendou

Banned
Speaking to Rely on Horror, the original source of the rumours, a Konami US rep said: "We’re aware of all the rumors and reports but can confirm that they are not true. I know it’s not the answer your fans may want to hear." They go on to state that while the publisher isn't completely closing the door on the Silent Hill series, it won't be brought back in the way that is being reported.

IF they do make a new Silent Hill, this indicates that it likely won't be a PlayStation exclusive. That's good news for people who want to make the switch back to Xbox this next generation.

Goliathy

Banned
9ACKOEf.png

what a surprise

why are there so many positive Sony rumors? Like this one here, or sony buying another studio, or PS1-3 BC, 13TFLOPS, etc. And 99% of them are untrue. Where do they come from? Why do they exist?

GHG

They're getting out of hand, these alts.....

tenor.gif

Yes because that was obviously the ONLY exclusive they were going to miss. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Also, lets be real, Konami aren't going to do anything meaningful with these IP's.

So by that logic these people are basically saying no games are better than there being the potential for an exclusive game on a platform they don't want to buy. Madness.

Maybe you can stop derailing the thread, and stop with the personal attacks and maybe stick to the topic?

Its true that this is another rumor - that was very much positive towards sony - that has been again proven false. Like, there is no 13 TFLOps PS5, there is no PS1-PS3 BC etc.
Says the un-ironic console warrior.

GHG

Maybe you can stop derailing the thread, and stop with the personal attacks and maybe stick to the topic?

Its true that this is another rumor - that was very much positive towards sony - that has been again proven false. Like, there is no 13 TFLOps PS5, there is no PS1-PS3 BC etc.

If you didn't know what I was talking about then you wouldn't feel personally attacked.

giphy.gif

dolabla

So they're just going to hold the series hostage and do nothing with it. Count me in as another fuck Konami.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Yeah, FUCK YOU KONAMI for not selling your IPS to another Publisher who has “dead” IPs. How dare you?! I will now boycott your games, both of them, and complain on how you’re sitting on IPs while never playing the games myself. You won’t get my money...unless you give me mgs3 remade in the Fox Engine...and mgs1...and Silent Hill...and remake Metal Gear 1 & 2 because I love playing the same game over and over again. Fuck You Konami. I will now preach the word of Kojima and pretend to be his biggest fan while not playing half of the games he directed. And while I’m at it, Kojima predicted the future. I won’t be ashamed of my words and deeds even though thousands have died from a virus and I’ve found a way to shoehorn my fanboism in a situation where people are dying from an epidemic. Fuck You Konami.

sublimit

Banned
Yeah, FUCK YOU KONAMI for not selling your IPS to another Publisher who has “dead” IPs. How dare you?! I will now boycott your games, both of them, and complain on how you’re sitting on IPs while never playing the games myself. You won’t get my money...unless you give me mgs3 remade in the Fox Engine...and mgs1...and Silent Hill...and remake Metal Gear 1 & 2 because I love playing the same game over and over again. Fuck You Konami. I will now preach the word of Kojima and pretend to be his biggest fan while not playing half of the games he directed. And while I’m at it, Kojima predicted the future. I won’t be ashamed of my words and deeds even though thousands have died from a virus and I’ve found a way to shoehorn my fanboism in a situation where people are dying from an epidemic. Fuck You Konami.
giphy.gif

I finally watch Silent Hills P.T. playthrough.

I didn't know Normal Reedus was involved too.

Wow game looked amazing even by today standards.

What a shit Konami has become.

This looked like it could have been one of the best Silent Hill games ever and while I'm not too familiar with Reedus, I like his look.

I'm mad.

So no Kojima/Del Toro/Reedus SH.

And no more Iga Castlevania.

No more good MGS.

Fuck wrong with Konami?

DonJorginho

Banned
I finally watch Silent Hills P.T. playthrough.

I didn't know Normal Reedus was involved too.

Wow game looked amazing even by today standards.

What a shit Konami has become.

This looked like it could have been one of the best Silent Hill games ever and while I'm not too familiar with Reedus, I like his look.

I'm mad.

So no Kojima/Del Toro/Reedus SH.

And no more Iga Castlevania.

No more good MGS.

Fuck wrong with Konami?

This is why I love GAF and hate Era.

ResetERA are currently celebrating the fact that Kojima seems likely to decline the chance to do a Silent Hill title and are saying he would ruin the series and that PT was trash.

It does seem likely still that Silent Hill Reboot will happen though.

Arkage

Banned
This is why I love GAF and hate Era.

ResetERA are currently celebrating the fact that Kojima seems likely to decline the chance to do a Silent Hill title and are saying he would ruin the series and that PT was trash.

It does seem likely still that Silent Hill Reboot will happen though.

Era also has a verified insider saying Sony Japan is the one developing the game with the original leads of the series, as an exclusive for PS5.

DonJorginho

Banned
Era also has a verified insider saying Sony Japan is the one developing the game with the original leads of the series, as an exclusive for PS5.

That's why I said it seems likely the reboot will happen mate, I'm very excited for that, and that reboot will be the driving force behind whether I buy a PS5 or wait a bit.

MayauMiao

Kojima doesn't need to attach Silent Hill brand on his new horror game. Nobody knew P.T was suppose to be that, yet got many gamers paid attention to the awesome demo.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
To be perfectly honest, I could care less either way but if I had to guess, I would say all the Konami related rumors are false and fake bullshit for one simple reason - does anyone really see Konami giving a fuck to do all this? I don't. They didn't even renew the licenses for their PES games which are by far their most popular and profitable franchise so yeah, I don't see this happening.

God Forbid Konami liscense out some of gaming's most iconic franchises to competent developers. I mean, what the fuck do you people expect a business to do, turn a profit?

Gargus

Banned
Of course they were false. Until something is official it's always false. Too many people are willing to accept rumors as fact.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Like I said in that rumour thread, they could still working on the spiritual successor to Silent Hill, same way Igarashi did for Castlevania with Bloodstained.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'd rather have a sequel or 'soft reboot' and something in the vein of RE7, which the Kojima game looks like it was heading.
I personally don't want a first person Silent Hill game like RE7 and celebrity as character like Death Stranding, I also want to see Keiichiro Toyama directing the game rather than Kojima.

I personally don't want a first person Silent Hill game like RE7 and celebrity as character like Death Stranding, I also want to see Keiichiro Toyama directing the game rather than Kojima.
I dunno. Silent Hills looked pretty good from what little we saw.

Mr Hyde

A new Silent Hill would be really nice. I miss this series. I'd even take a remaster of Homecoming and Downpour to current gen, even if they are vastly inferior to the originals.

I keep saying it but, acquiring Konami could be one of the best things Sony do. It would be a huge fuck you to Microsoft who're snapping up studios and IP so candidly. They're up there with Nordic THQ at the moment for acquisitions. If they pull MineCraft from PlayStation, which they can do at any time, at least Sony would have an ace up their sleeve. Hopefully they'll be smart and acquire reasonable stakes in Namco, Square and Capcom to stop them being outright bought by Microsoft in some aggresive response though, in that scenario.

I keep saying it but, acquiring Konami could be one of the best things Sony do. It would be a huge fuck you to Microsoft who're snapping up studios and IP so candidly. They're up there with Nordic THQ at the moment for acquisitions. If they pull MineCraft from PlayStation, which they can do at any time, at least Sony would have an ace up their sleeve. Hopefully they'll be smart and acquire reasonable stakes in Namco, Square and Capcom to stop them being outright bought by Microsoft in some aggresive response though, in that scenario.
I don't mind if they do because today Konami is trash. Look at that last Contra game. They pull that shit.

I'm okay with Sony resurrecting Castlevania, Silent Hill and MGS. I just prefer sequels, not reboots.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
I don't mind if they do because today Konami is trash. Look at that last Contra game. They pull that shit.

I'm okay with Sony resurrecting Castlevania, Silent Hill and MGS. I just prefer sequels, not reboots.
That’s some harsh words for one game that came out that was co-developed by Toylogic and plays like a Toylogic game. Square put out Quiet Man and Left Alive which are probably the worst games to come out in 2018 and 2019. Maybe Sony should buy Square Enix too.

Top Bottom