• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera: Sony closing servers for Kill Strain

Mandelbo

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/17/sony-closing-servers-kill-strain-5-games

Sony has announced it will be decommissioning servers for six games. As of July 1, 2017, the online components for four PlayStation 3 games, one PlayStation 4 game, and one PlayStation Vita game will be inaccessible. Among them is Kill Strain, a free-to-play 5v5v2 twin-stick action-shooter that is an entirely multiplayer experience.

I'm not sure if anyone here actually played this, and as the article says it's not the only game having it's servers shut down, but I thought this was notable because it won't even have been out for a whole year by the time it closes. I seem to remember it having a well-publicised reveal at one of Sony's conferences, but that was the last I heard of it - I guess no one else was interested either.

Did a search for "Kill Strain" and nothing came up, do lock if this is old!

AndyD

aka andydumi
I thought it was interesting, but was never able to get into a game enough to get hooked. I wish it had more of a single player component or bots to fill in gaps to get the population going. One of the few F2P games I keep installed and try to play now and again.

Top Bottom