• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simon Pegg misses George Lucas

I feel like George Lucas should have (ideally) just been an important voice in a writers room. He’s not good at writing scripts, directing, or editing and he has as many bad ideas as good ones. He certainly has an interesting vision, though.

The Force Awakens was mediocre and The Last Jedi was laughably dumb, but the prequel trilogy is still probably worse. It has Duel of the Fates, one really good/emotional fight, and Sebulba’s pod racer sounded amazing. That’s about it.

pel1300

I feel like George Lucas should have (ideally) just been an important voice in a writers room. He’s not good at writing scripts, directing, or editing and he has as many bad ideas as good ones. He certainly has an interesting vision, though.

The Force Awakens was mediocre and The Last Jedi was laughably dumb, but the prequel trilogy is still probably worse. It has Duel of the Fates, one really good/emotional fight, and Sebulba’s pod racer sounded amazing. That’s about it.

You nailed it. Except I think The Force Awakens was a little bit better than mediocre. It's an honest soft reboot of A New Hope and doesn't try to hide it. The Last Jedi tries to hide that it's a shameless borderlines rip off of Empire, ROTJ, a bit of ANH, and the ending of Escape From LA.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Ugh...I just watched the documentary "The Director and the Jedi"

Rian Johnson says: "Since this movie is about the transition from adolescence to adulthood...Kylo represents the anger of adolescence" - quick cut to Kylo yelling MORE!!! MORE!!!

My god...Kylo is not a freakin teenager you idiot hack!! Rey is not a teenager!!

Not to mention...going by this documentary...they spent more time effort and money on Canto Bight than anything else.

Rian acts like a little kid on set. He just keeps doing his high pitched giggle nonstop whenever he sees these ugly or gross childish alien designs in Canto Bight.

The sea cow milking scene? They spent forever on it trying to make it look as gross as possible. They spent millions of dollars and time on it. Boggles my mind that they thought this dumb 10 second scene was worth so much money and time.

Rose? He specifically says "I like characters I can relate with. When I wrote Rose, she was a genuine nerd. The kind of person I would hang out with in high school. And she looked like she didn't belong in a Star Wars movie. I want to surprise people by having them see a type of person they don't expect"

Mark Hamill looks miserable throughout filming. Not once does he smile or laugh near Rian. He looks pissed off whenever he is near Rian. But when he is with other members of the crew, you can see him smiling and joking around.

Carrie Fisher in the doc says "Rian doesn't look like it, but he has a very...DOMINATING vision..he will see that vision through no matter what" TRANSLATION: He is a stubborn filmmaker who refuses to edit or rewrite anything no matter how flawed it is. No one can change his mind.

Rian states: "Obviously Mark Hamill wasn't thrilled with many of the choices made for his character, including Luke dying at the end" Jesus christ he knew the whole thing would piss Mark off and did it anyway.

The actors in general don't look like they are having a good time making this movie, with the exception of Oscar Isaac. Daisy Ridley never smiles or laughs on set.

Almost every decision Rian makes has to do with making everything relatable to him and his personal life. And unfortunately for the fans...Rian Johnson is a soy boy nerd who has seems to enjoy the same things a child likes...or a little girl.

God I hate The Last Jedi. Such a poor Star Wars film. Disney just keeps ruining the once good Star Wars name.

Top Bottom