• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

agm2502

Apparently the UK Playstation website accidentally publish a news article detailing an upcoming space for Singstar, it is said to have a jukebox and interactive dancefloor along with quizzes. I don't know whether the space will show selected user videos though. Should be out soon probably 16th July.

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
It really looks like UMG want to do everything other than license their songs for the Singstore, such as doing their own licensed Singstar clone.
Oh god. I guess it's karaoke bandwagon time.

It will sell like hotcakes, of course. 'SingStar' on Wii = instant sales.

Edit: They may not have announced a tracklist, but that cover at least says "Lady Gaga - Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" in the top left.

21d3m1t.jpg

Tntnnbltn

Oh, and seeming how we're on the theme of karaoke bandwagons...

New Apple Patent Application: Karaoke on the iPhone

In a very interesting story, it has been revealed that Apple have published a patent which reveals plans to release some sort of Karaoke application for the iPhone.

Head over to MacRumors to view a large picture of the image seen above. It is thought that Apple are looking into a SingStar type experience for users, which means both visual feedback on the iPhone as well as support for singing.

The Patent explains: The systems and methods for providing users with real-time feedback while they are singing on key/pitch and providing real-time feedback to the user while the karaoke song is being sung. The feedback will be positive feedback if user is on key/pitch and it will be negative feedback if user is off key/pitch.

(Link to patent)

I seems to have a real big problem. Maybe someone could help. I took my ps3 to a buddies house yesterday and now when I start up my singstar it asks me to agree to the user agreement, but it won't let me accept it. So, now I cannot get to the singstore. Any one ever hear of this.

Tntnnbltn

darkjedi187 said:
I seems to have a real big problem. Maybe someone could help. I took my ps3 to a buddies house yesterday and now when I start up my singstar it asks me to agree to the user agreement, but it won't let me accept it. So, now I cannot get to the singstore. Any one ever hear of this.
No idea.

Try accessing the SingStore from a different sub-account. If the problem is a saved setting on your account, then it might be accessible from a different account.

A recent patch added the ability to auto-sign into My SingStar Online upon game launch. I've noticed that if I go to the SingStore immediately upon game launching, it (temporarily) brings up the Agreement screen while signing in, but I cannot click accept. It's possible that you are seeing this screen, but it never actually signs in and just hangs there.

For you copyright whizzes, could the following appear on Singstore or are they owned by some company that doesn't license?

Peter Cetera/Chicago - Glory of Love, You're The Inspiration
Village People or Pet Shop Boys - Go West (both artist have appeared already, right?)
Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
Phil Collins - Against All Odds
Bruce Hornsby - That's Just The Way It Is
Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Annie Lennox - A Whiter Shade Of Pale, Into the West (very doubtful, I bet the video has all kinds of LotR footage)
Moulin Rouge - Come What May (awesome, awesome song and we already have Nicole singing another song on Singstar)
Meatloaf & Cher - Dead Ringer For Love
Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder - Ebony & Ivory (should be coming with all the other non-Beatles Paul songs on there?)

Tntnnbltn

SiegfriedFM said:
For you copyright whizzes, could the following appear on Singstore or are they owned by some company that doesn't license?
From what I can tell...

Maybe:
Annie Lennox - A Whiter Shade Of Pale (Sony Music Entertainment)
Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is (RCA / Ariola)
Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Grunt / RCA)
Village People - Go West (same label as YMCA?)
Pet Shop Boys - Go West (Parlophone / EMI)

No:
Peter Cetera - Glory of Love (Warner)
Chicago - You're The Inspiration (Warner)
Moulin Rouge - Come What May (Twentieth Century Fox / Interscope)
Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles (Interscope)
Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Warner)
Meatloaf & Cher - Dead Ringer For Love (Warner)
Annie Lennox - Into the West (No official music video? Even if it does, Warner's name is on the soundtrack label)

Dunno which label has the rights to Ebony & Ivory. Paul McCartney is EMI, but Stevey Wonder is Universal. But the fact that it was on SingStar Vol 3 and still hasn't appeared on the store despite Vol 4 songs being released means: Probably not.

agm2502

SiegfriedFM said:

Peter Cetera/Chicago - Glory of Love, You're The Inspiration
Village People or Pet Shop Boys - Go West (both artist have appeared already, right?)
Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
Phil Collins - Against All Odds
Bruce Hornsby - That's Just The Way It Is
Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Annie Lennox - A Whiter Shade Of Pale, Into the West (very doubtful, I bet the video has all kinds of LotR footage)
Moulin Rouge - Come What May (awesome, awesome song and we already have Nicole singing another song on Singstar)
Meatloaf & Cher - Dead Ringer For Love
Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder - Ebony & Ivory (should be coming with all the other non-Beatles Paul songs on there?)

I'm pretty sure this is already on the Singstore, in the UK at least.

Edit: Just checked and yes it is available in the Singstore. Don't know about the US store though if that's the one you use.

Tntnnbltn said:
No idea.

Try accessing the SingStore from a different sub-account. If the problem is a saved setting on your account, then it might be accessible from a different account.

A recent patch added the ability to auto-sign into My SingStar Online upon game launch. I've noticed that if I go to the SingStore immediately upon game launching, it (temporarily) brings up the Agreement screen while signing in, but I cannot click accept. It's possible that you are seeing this screen, but it never actually signs in and just hangs there.

Well I've not deleted all my data(saved games,content and updates) I can get it to accept the user agreement, but it still sits there and says connection error. Everything else works fine on my ps3 except this.

Tntnnbltn

darkjedi187 said:
Well I've not deleted all my data(saved games,content and updates) I can get it to accept the user agreement, but it still sits there and says connection error. Everything else works fine on my ps3 except this.
Well the servers are down for me at the moment, so it sounds like everything is working fine on your end.

agm2502 said:
I'm pretty sure this is already on the Singstore, in the UK at least
So it is. (I just assumed it wasn't.)

Wish I would have know the servers were down before I deleted 2 gigs of songs. Have they been down for long? I have been having this issue since yesterday afternoon.

Tntnnbltn

darkjedi187 said:
Wish I would have know the servers were down before I deleted 2 gigs of songs. Have they been down for long? I have been having this issue since yesterday afternoon.
Someone on the US boards said they've been getting this error yesterday and today. :-/

Tntnnbltn

darkjedi187 said:
Man it's gonna take me forever to download all that media again
I had to redownload 7GB of songs when my PS3 came back from repairs. Took me 3 days.

Try to download during non-busy times (avoid 6pm-1am GMT+1). There's no button for 'queue all downloads' -- you have to select them one at a time. Don't select them all at first, because if you lose server connection you'll have to queue them up again. Just queue enough for a few hours / overnight / whatever.

anyone know how to find out the server status? I really want to start downloading all my songs again.
There's no website which can give you the status (unless someone posts in online). You'll have to keep checking every now and again. Nothings probably going to happen until they get into the offices on Monday, so try checking back in about 12 hours.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
Dunno which label has the rights to Ebony & Ivory. Paul McCartney is EMI, but Stevey Wonder is Universal. But the fact that it was on SingStar Vol 3 and still hasn't appeared on the store despite Vol 4 songs being released means: Probably not.

Ebony & Ivory is on every SingStore (check your old updates Tntnnbltn. ;D ), I know because I rebought it off the NA store (even though I already have it on my Vol. 3 disc). All Paul McCartney songs will be on the SingStore from the looks of it, including all of his work with Wings. I'm just waiting for Say Say Say to be honest now.

Tntnnbltn

kassatsu said:
I hope something recent is on the store this week =\
I'm hoping that some of my requests have made their way through. Most of them are Australian artists though, so you probably wouldn't know them. (I figure my local music tastes are under-represented in requests, so I try to make up for it. )

Every now and again I try requesting some older** non-Australian songs though that might otherwise slip under the radar. These were some recent requests...
* (1995) TLC - "Waterfalls" [Sony]
* (1998) Fuel - "Shimmer" [Sony]
* (2000) Everclear - "Wonderful" [EMI]

** (Yup, '90s songs are what I consider "old" :p)

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 9th July, 2009

English:
  • Adam & The Ants - “Ant Music”
  • Ashford & Simpson - “Solid”
  • Blur - “For Tomorrow”
  • Blur - “This Is A Low”
  • Cheap Trick - “If You Want My Love”
  • Erasure - “Always”
  • Erasure - “Sometimes”
  • Gloria Estefan - “1-2-3″
  • Gloria Estefan - “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You”
  • Kelly Clarkson - “Because Of You”
  • Kreesha Turner - “Bounce With Me”
  • Krezip - “In Her Sun (Stupid)”
  • Krezip - “That’ll Be Me”
  • Lily Allen - “Not Fair”
  • Pet Shop Boys - “It’s A Sin”
  • Radiohead - “No Surprises”
  • The Offspring - “Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)”
  • The Poodles - “Song For You”
  • Vincent - “Don’t Hate On Me”
  • Yazoo - “Don’t Go”

Ultimate Coldplay 1 song pack:
  • Coldplay - “Clocks”
  • Coldplay - “Speed of Sound”
  • Coldplay - “The Hardest Part”
  • Coldplay - “The Scientist”
  • Coldplay - “Yellow”

Ultimate Coldplay 2 song pack:
  • Coldplay - “Don’t Panic”
  • Coldplay - “In My Place”
  • Coldplay - “Lost”
  • Coldplay - “Trouble”
  • Coldplay - “Violet Hill”

SingStar Essentials: Country song pack:
  • Martina McBride - “A Broken Wing”
  • Montgomery Gentry - “What Do You Think About That?”
  • Sara Evans - “Born to Fly”
  • Trace Adkins - “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk”
  • Trace Adkins - “You’re Gonna Miss This”

Italian:
  • Afterhours - “Non È Per Sempre”

Spanish:
  • El Arrebato - “Una Noche Con Arte”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh - “Cuídate”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh - “Dile Al Sol”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh - “El Último Vals”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh - “Geografia”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh - “Soñaré”

woodypop

Oh, Tntnnbltn, not five minutes ago I thought to myself, "I wonder if this week's downloads have been revealed yet,." And here you are, to make my day.

Tntnnbltn said:
UK SingStore Update, 9th July 2009

Erasure Always
Erasure Sometimes
Pet Shop Boys It's A Sin
Yazoo Don't Go
I SO hope the US gets those. (But I ain't holding my breath.)

Tntnnbltn

Formatting is done.

My pick-ups: Kelly Clarkson (!), Lily Allen (even though it'll probably almost definitely be the censored version)

Interesting to see that they've changed the Coldplay Song Pack #2. They replaced "Brothers and Sisters" with "Don't Panic". I'll still wait for individual releases though; I've got a lot of Coldplay songs already and they don't get sung often. Will just wait for "Violet Hill", "In My Place" and "Don't Panic" to get released individually.

woodypop said:
Oh, Tntnnbltn, not five minutes ago I thought to myself, "I wonder if this week's downloads have been revealed yet,." And here you are, to make my day.

I SO hope the US gets those. (But I ain't holding my breath.)

I doubt we'll get Yazoo or Erasure, aren't they in the same boat as Depeche Mode (Mute artists, therefore under Warner)?

But yeah, if we were to get everything the UK gets, I'd be buying quite a bit.

Blur - “For Tomorrow”
Blur - “This Is A Low”
Erasure - “Always”
Erasure - “Sometimes”
Gloria Estefan - “1-2-3″
Gloria Estefan - “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You”
Lily Allen - “Not Fair”
Pet Shop Boys - “It’s A Sin”
Yazoo - “Don’t Go”

For Tomorrow and This is a Low are what REALLY make this update for me. Amazing songs, two of my all-time favorites.

Tntnnbltn

June's Top 20 SingStore list comes out next week. :D

I think it's gonna be a tough call between Kelly Clarkson and Lily Allen for the July predictions. I'm hearing a lot of support for each. Kelly Clarkson will get extra sales from the US market, but the Lily Allen track is very recent... Hmm...

Toy Soldier said:
I doubt we'll get Yazoo or Erasure, aren't they in the same boat as Depeche Mode (Mute artists, therefore under Warner)?
Correct.

MadFuzzy said:
It really looks like UMG want to do everything other than license their songs for the Singstore, such as doing their own licensed Singstar clone.

Instead of wishing for UMG songs on singstore you should be wishing for, in terms of priority:

1) More SME artists - Really, there's a lot of them, Shakira, Beyonce, Chris Brown, R Kelly, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, to name a few, are not in the Singstore. If they were to put their own artists there, people wouldn't complain as much. There's also some like Sara Baireless and one of The Fray songs that's not in the US Singstore, so complain about that first.
2) More EMI artists - they're already supporting Singstore and probably the label with the most support, but the more the merrier, so get them to put more artists there
3) Get them put both censored and uncensored versions of the songs on the Singstore, uncensored songs would require a CC to verify your age before purchasing the song, i.e. you could not just buy uncensored songs if you have a PSN card
4) Warner artists - they used to support it, so they're more likely to support it than UMG

Also it would be funny if that UMG singstar clone has a singstore clone and it gets SME artists like the ones I mentioned above, like you can find some SME artists on Lips downloadable store.

Tntnnbltn said:
Oh, and seeming how we're on the theme of karaoke bandwagons...

(Link to patent)

This is interesting, I always wondered how Singstar would work on PSP. But then again who would buy a karaoke game for their mobile?

linsivvi

What a great, great, great update!

Tntnnbltn said:
Interesting to see that they've changed the Coldplay Song Pack #2. They replaced "Brothers and Sisters" with "Don't Panic". I'll still wait for individual releases though; I've got a lot of Coldplay songs already and they don't get sung often. Will just wait for "Violet Hill", "In My Place" and "Don't Panic" to get released individually.

I've never bought a song pack before, but wouldn't buying the 3 tracks individually cost about the same as getting the whole pack?

Tntnnbltn

linsivvi said:
I've never bought a song pack before, but wouldn't buying the 3 tracks individually cost about the same as getting the whole pack?
Song packs are valued at around 4.5 songs. If you don't like a single song, it's more economic to buy the ones you like seperately.

There's also some like Sara Baireless and one of The Fray songs that's not in the US Singstore, so complain about that first.
Sara Bareilles' "Love Song" and The Fray's "You Found Me" made it on there via a song pack.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
I'm hoping that some of my requests have made their way through. Most of them are Australian artists though, so you probably wouldn't know them. (I figure my local music tastes are under-represented in requests, so I try to make up for it. )

Where do you request/wish? Via email, Facebook, EU Blog or EU forums?

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
Where do you request/wish? Via email, Facebook, EU Blog or EU forums?
I kind of just throw them all over the place, hoping that some of them filter through. :lol

I use Facebook/EU Blog for vague artist hints. "Wow, definitely picking up [artist X]! Would love to see more of their songs like [song Y] and [song Z]." Used the Facebook discussion board for more specific suggestions. Also tried emailing them, though I've got no idea if anyone has received them.

I always include label information in all of requests. It's getting hard to keep up a good supply of new Sony/EMI artists though.

linsivvi

Tntnnbltn said:
Song packs are valued at around 4.5 songs. If you don't like a single song, it's more economic to buy the ones you like seperately.

Oh...Not as cheap as I thought they were. But then I like 4 of the 5 songs so I think I'll get the pack anyway.

gcubed

Tntnnbltn said:
I only request songs which I know are possible to license. I'm chewing through my repertoire of requestable songs/artists.

this might have been already asked, but admittedly i havent started following this thread until a little more recently, is BNL possible? That is a karaoke goldmine.

Tntnnbltn

gcubed said:
this might have been already asked, but admittedly i havent started following this thread until a little more recently, is BNL possible? That is a karaoke goldmine.
1992-2004: Reprise Records (Warner)

Given current conditions: No.

gcubed

Tntnnbltn said:
1992-2004: Reprise Records (Warner)

Given current conditions: No.

well... shit.

Surprised they never released any more DMB besides Crash. They need to get a little quicker with current pop music (US at least, i admittedly know nothing about other countries music)... it appears that they are getting there though.

Tntnnbltn

From the EU PS Blog...

saintaqua said:
Many thanks! This is the kind of update I needed!
*hugs*
Keep up the good work, I can’t wait.
I hope you can keep up the regular updates.

Any chance we can get this on the US Blog as well?
Nina Scherer said:
I am talking to the guys in the US at the moment and I am sure we can get something similar up-and-running for you over there.

Returners

I'm actually suprised at the Coldplay pack 2. (And will be purchasing it when it comes to US)

Though, I was upset that if you actually purchase songs in a pack, you get an extra medley with it (though i never used it, but its still good that its there) I got the "Best of Britney" medley when I bought the song pack.

But for my westlife songs, I'm sure not buying the pack again to get the medley. (since the songs came out BEFORE the pack :( )

lupinko

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooo, damn you Chris Martin and Glacier Comedy, trying to challenge the godly and awesomeness of Queen of SingStore domination.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 9th July, 2009 (Full list / Confirmed)

English:
  • Adam & The Ants - “Ant Music”
  • Ashford & Simpson - “Solid”
  • Blur - “For Tomorrow”
  • Blur - “This Is A Low”
  • Cheap Trick - “If You Want My Love”
  • Gloria Estefan - “1-2-3″
  • Gloria Estefan - “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You”
  • Kelly Clarkson - “Because Of You”
  • Kreesha Turner - “Bounce With Me”
  • Krezip - “That’ll Be Me”
  • Lily Allen - “Not Fair”
  • Pet Shop Boys - “It’s A Sin”
  • Radiohead - “No Surprises”
  • The Offspring - “Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)”
  • The Poodles - “Song For You”
  • Vincent - “Don’t Hate On Me”

Ultimate Coldplay 1 song pack:
  • Coldplay - “Clocks”
  • Coldplay - “Speed of Sound”
  • Coldplay - “The Hardest Part”
  • Coldplay - “The Scientist”
  • Coldplay - “Yellow”

Ultimate Coldplay 2 song pack:
  • Coldplay - “Don’t Panic”
  • Coldplay - “In My Place”
  • Coldplay - “Lost”
  • Coldplay - “Trouble”
  • Coldplay - “Violet Hill”

SingStar Essentials: Country song pack:
  • Martina McBride - “A Broken Wing”
  • Montgomery Gentry - “What Do You Think About That?”
  • Sara Evans - “Born to Fly”
  • Trace Adkins - “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk”
  • Trace Adkins - “You’re Gonna Miss This”

Songs that didn't make it:
  • Erasure - “Always”
  • Erasure - “Sometimes”
  • Krezip - “In Her Sun (Stupid)”
  • Yazoo - “Don’t Go”

Slamo

AranhaHunter said:
LOL I found this on a portuguese speaking videogame community

I'm not portuguese so I can't tell you how much the soap opera sucks

I am... and I can.

List:

4TASTE - Diz-me Que Sim
4TASTE - Sempre Que Te Vejo (Sinto Um Desejo) (Ao Vivo)
4TASTE - Só Tu Podes Alcançar (Ao Vivo)
André Indiana - Electric Mind
Angélico - Bailarina
Boss AC - Princesa (Beija-me Outra Vez)
Diana Lucas - Desculpa Lá
Dogma - O Segredo
D'ZRT - Para Mim Tanto Faz (Ao Vivo)
D'ZRT - Querer Voltar
D'ZRT - Verão Azul
Fingertips - Cause To Love You
Hands On Approach - If You Give Up
Just Girls - Bye Bye (Vou-me Divertir)
Just Girls - Não Te Deixes Vencer
Just Girls vs Gutto - O Jogo Já Começou
Loto - Cuckoo Plan
Lulla Bye - A Bigger Plan
Maroon 5 - Won't Go Home Without You
Mercado Negro - Leoa Tigresa
Os Azeitonas - Um Tanto Ou Quanto Atarantado
Patrícia Candoso - Volta As Vezes Que Quiseres
Slimmy - You Should Never Leave Me (Before I Die)
Sugarleaf - Everything Is So Confusing
TT - Faz Acontecer
Dama Bete - Definição de Amor ****
Just Girls - Entre O Sonho E A Ilusão ****
Miss Li - Gotta Leave My Troubles Behind ****
NBC - Segunda Pele ****
Squeeze Theeze Pleeze - Hi, Hello (My Name Is Joe) ****

**** only on PS3 version

All portuguese bands (except Maroon 5).

Top Bottom