• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

Translated via Google Translate from Spanish source.

Madrid, June 10, 2009: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) is expanding its catalog of rock 'n roll with three new SongPacks Ultimate Queen SingStar ® for PLAYSTATION ® 3 (PS3 ™). After the first two deliveries reached SingStore ™, your online store of songs, three new Temazo SongPacks with five each. Besides the three included at least one new item, you will not find either in previous games or SingStore ™.

Surrender to classics like Queen "Fat Bottom Girls', 'I Want To Break Free' or 'Under Pressure' and makes the performance of your life: Meshes and makeup are optional!

If you are a user of SingStar ® PS3 ™ and you can purchase the Ultimate SongPack Queen 3, while you're warming up the neck for SongPacks Ultimate Queen 4 and 5 will be ready for the months of August and October respectively.

Ultimate Queen 3 (currently available)
  • Queen - "Fat Bottom Girls"
  • Queen - "Somebody To Love"
  • Queen - "Tie Your Mother Down"
  • Queen - "You're My Best Friend"
  • Queen - "I'm In Love With My Car"

Ultimate Queen 4 (available in August)
  • Queen - "Hammer To Tall"
  • Queen - "I Want To Break Free"
  • Queen - "Play the Game"
  • Queen - "It's A Hard Life"
  • Queen - "Save Me"

Ultimate Queen 5 (available in October)
  • Queen - "Innuendo"
  • Queen - "These Are The Days Of Our Lives"
  • Queen - "Under Pressure"
  • Queen - "Headlong"
  • Queen - "Princes Of The Universe"

Go to the section SongPacks from SingStore ™ to download your PS3 ™ and easily SongPacks Ultimate Queen. You can also complete your portfolio with about a thousand songs in your music online store SingStar ®.

Find out more about the Community SingStar ® and everything related to one of the most successful series of PlayStation ®, do not forget to visit its official website at: www.singstargame.com

Bolded tracks were not on the SingStar Queen disc release.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
Translated via Google Translate from Spanish source.

Bolded tracks were not on the SingStar Queen disc release.

While I love this news and all and many kudos to you, I have to wait until October for Under Pressure. =(

Oh well, at least I know when it's coming now. :lol :D

EDIT: It's Hammer to Fall, hehe that typo on the PR.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
You didn't end up importing the disc version?

I'll do that sometime this weekend this time, mainly because Cdwow is giving me discounts again.

EDIT: Ray Charles, woooooooooooooooo!!!

Tntnnbltn

PSBlog said:
Hi all!

Some of you actually already asked for this so I hope you like it. Please allow me to introduce you to the official SingStoreTop 20 Download Chart. Tadaaa!

3628562322_e51ed1f4ed.jpg

SingStore Top 20 - May 2009

1. Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
2. Ain’t No Sunshine - Bill Withers
3. Shake it - Metro Station
4. True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
5. My Immortal - Evanescence
6. Home - Daughtry
7. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You - Michael Bolton
8. The Fear - Lily Allen
9. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
10. Run - Leona Lewis
11. Stacy’s Mom - Fountains of Wayne
12. Oops! I Did It Again - Britney Spears
13. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
14. Wherever You Will Go - The Calling
15. Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin
16. Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler
17. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
18. Eternal Flame - The Bangles
19. I Love Rock n Roll - Britney Spears
20. A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion

I’ll be posting these once a month for the previous month, so the next one will be in July and feature the June Top 20.

Until next week (when it’ll be the fabulous Store update week again)!

(The 'some of you already asking for this' might have been 'me'. :p)

gcubed

is NA Queen still a ps2 release? the fact that you cant upload anything off of a ps2 disc annoys me with this release... if it still is a ps2 release, i'll be importing today.

Are there any gotchas with imported singstar ps3 games?

Tntnnbltn

gcubed said:
is NA Queen still a ps2 release? the fact that you cant upload anything off of a ps2 disc annoys me with this release... if it still is a ps2 release, i'll be importing today.

Are there any gotchas with imported singstar ps3 games?
PS2/PS3 for NA Queen.

But there's no problems with imported SingStar PS3 games. Work on all consoles, DLC and highscores and saved media are cross-compatible, disc switching is region-free.

gcubed

Tntnnbltn said:
PS2/PS3 for NA Queen.

But there's no problems with imported SingStar PS3 games. Work on all consoles, DLC and highscores and saved media are cross-compatible, disc switching is region-free.

beautiful, thanks no reason to wait then

I'm glad that importing is so clean and easy with SingStar.

Though I'll be waiting for the NA version of Queen, just because I'd like to toss SCEA a little support for continuing their SingStar support.

That won't prevent me from importing Take That, though...since obviously that's one we'll never get. I can't wait for that one.

Tntnnbltn

With the PS Blog promising regular monthly Top 20s, would anyone be interested in doing a regular tipping competition? I have a comprehensive set of rules set up, and would be willing to run it each month. I'll post it if there is good feedback towards it.

The tipping would involve predicting:
  • Top 3 songs for each of the newest fortnightly updates
  • Top 5 songs overall

If all goes well, we could easily expand it to some of the other SingStar communities (once we get everything ironed out) and even have a multi-site competition.

Yea? Nay?

Edit: Do countries outside of Australia really not use the term "tipping competition"? Really? What do you call them? Best analogy would be the monthly NPD prediction thread.

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 25th June, 2009

English:
  • Adam & The Ants - “Kings Of The Wild Frontier”
  • Adam & The Ants - “Stand and Deliver”
  • The Angels - “No Secrets”
  • Blur - “Beetlebum”
  • Blur - “Charmless Man”
  • Blur - “There’s No Other Way”
  • Calvin Harris - “I’m Not Alone”
  • Charles and Eddie - “Would I Lie To You”
  • John Farnham - “Pressure Down”
  • John Farnham - “Two Strong Hearts”
  • Krezip - “All Unsaid”
  • Krezip - “Don’t Crush Me”
  • Krezip - “Everything And More”
  • Krezip - “I Would Stay”
  • Krezip - “You Can Say”
  • Moriarty - “Jimmy"
  • Paul McCartney - “Coming Up”
  • Pet Shop Boys - “I Get Along”
  • Pet Shop Boys - “Single Bilingual”
  • Pink - “Leave Me Alone (I’m Lonely)”
  • Pink - “So What”
  • The Poodles - “Seven Seas”
  • The Poodles - “Streets Of Fire”
  • The Rasmus - “Livin’ In A World Without You “
  • Sharon Jones And The Dap-Kings - “100 Days, 100 Nights”
  • US5 - “In The Club”
  • US5 - “Just Because of You”
  • US5 - “Mama”
  • US5 - “Maria”
  • US5 - “Rhythm of Life”
  • Wings - “Silly Love Songs”

Ultimate Take That song pack:
  • Take That - “A Million Love Songs”
  • Take That - “Babe”
  • Take That - “It Only Takes A Minute”
  • Take That - “Never Forget”
  • Take That - “Pray”

Ultimate Krezip song pack:
  • Krezip - “All Unsaid”
  • Krezip - “You Can Say”

Finnish:
  • Neon 2 - “Tässä Talossa”

French:
  • Cali - “Je M’en Vais”
  • Grégoire - “Toi + Moi”

Portuguese:
  • Adriana Calcanhotto - “Fico Assim Sem Você”
  • Da Weasel - “Casa (Vem Fazer De Conta)”

Bearillusion said:
Been wanting to ask this for ages but thanks to being banned...

I've had Singstar for a couple of months (great game) and to begin with I've never had any problems. My problem? The singstore always freezes for me and I have to quit the game. I can play any of my songs without issue but the store almost always locks up for me. I've looked around the net and I don't appear to be the only one to experience this. Is it a problem with the singstore servers? I've tried deleting all singstore content like the save file, patches and bought content but it still happens.

Can anyone respond to the above please.

MadFuzzy

Bearillusion said:

Does this happen every time you try to access it and at different tiems of day?

The store is always horribly slow on Friday and Saturday nights (UK time) and often makes the game look like it's crashed.

Also I never thought I'd ever say this but:

Tntnnbltn said:
Ultimate Take That song pack:

Needs more "Back For Good".

Tntnnbltn

Bearillusion said:
Sorry, I've got no answer. The only thing I can think of is maybe trying at a friend's house if they own a PS3. That way you could rule out your system / internet settings / internet connection. And if you are able to purchase songs from there, then try and identify the specific problem. i.e. does their PS3 work at your house? Does your PS3 work at their house?

That's all I've got unfortunately. If you do identify the exact issue though, hopefully we'll be able to pass it on through the EU PS Blog or another one of the official channels.

Adriana Calcanhotto? At least they finally got a Brazilian song there, too bad the song sucks ass.

EDIT: Correction, they have Anna Julia from Los Hermanos there already, and while that song is not great, it's okay.

Blur - “Beetlebum”
Blur - “Charmless Man”
Blur - “There’s No Other Way”
Pet Shop Boys - “I Get Along”
Pet Shop Boys - “Single Bilingual”

Not bad, not bad at all - five songs worth buying in one update. Can't complain there.

MadFuzzy said:
Needs more "Back For Good".

My only potential complaint with that pack would be A Million Love Songs making it over, say, Why Can't I Wake Up With You.

Regardless the pack is awesome, each song is a winner. All the more reason to be pumped about importing the Take That disc release.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
PS2/PS3 for NA Queen.

Are you saying the UK Disney PS2 disc will work in my US PS3 Singstar?

Tntnnbltn

DeadGzuz said:
Are you saying the UK Disney PS2 disc will work in my US PS3 Singstar?
No problem with importing SingStar PS3 games. SingStar PS2 games, even when played through PS3 disc switching, still respect the original regional lockouts.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
No problem with importing SingStar PS3 games. SingStar PS2 games, even when played through PS3 disc switching, still respect the original regional lockouts.

I'll never get any Disney songs, damn.

netguy503

I heard there was a glitch to get the "All Eyes on Me" trophy (possible others. I also heard that it was only possible on the Pop and ABBA discs. Can anyone tell me if they know what this glitch is and how to do it? You can just PM it to me if we aren't supposed to talk about it on the forum. Thank you very much for your time.

Baha

netguy503 said:
I heard there was a glitch to get the "All Eyes on Me" trophy (possible others. I also heard that it was only possible on the Pop and ABBA discs. Can anyone tell me if they know what this glitch is and how to do it? You can just PM it to me if we aren't supposed to talk about it on the forum. Thank you very much for your time.

Check the ps3trophies.org forum for Singstar....

Tntnnbltn said:
Sorry, I've got no answer. The only thing I can think of is maybe trying at a friend's house if they own a PS3. That way you could rule out your system / internet settings / internet connection. And if you are able to purchase songs from there, then try and identify the specific problem. i.e. does their PS3 work at your house? Does your PS3 work at their house?

That's all I've got unfortunately. If you do identify the exact issue though, hopefully we'll be able to pass it on through the EU PS Blog or another one of the official channels.

I think it's fixed. Received a new modem last night and now my PS3 is set to Nat 2. It was previously always Nat 3. Using Singstar just now and am browsing the store without any problems. Just bought a song as well.

Tntnnbltn

Bearillusion said:
I think it's fixed. Received a new modem last night and now my PS3 is set to Nat 2. It was previously always Nat 3. Using Singstar just now and am browsing the store without any problems. Just bought a song as well.
Now you get to go through the backlog and waste all of your money. :p There's been quite a few good songs in the last couple updates alone.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 25th June, 2009

Songs from this week's European update:
  • Adam & The Ants - “Kings Of The Wild Frontier”
  • Adam & The Ants - “Stand and Deliver”
  • The Angels - “No Secrets”
  • Blur - “Charmless Man”
  • Blur - “There’s No Other Way”
  • Calvin Harris - “I’m Not Alone”
  • Charles and Eddie - “Would I Lie To You”
  • John Farnham - “Pressure Down”
  • John Farnham - “Two Strong Hearts”
  • Moriarty - “Jimmy"
  • Paul McCartney - “Coming Up”
  • P!nk - “Leave Me Alone (I’m Lonely)”
  • P!nk - “So What”
  • The Poodles - “Seven Seas”
  • The Poodles - “Streets Of Fire”
  • The Rasmus - “Livin’ In A World Without You “
  • Sharon Jones And The Dap-Kings - “100 Days, 100 Nights”
  • US5 - “In The Club”
  • US5 - “Just Because of You”
  • US5 - “Mama”
  • US5 - “Maria”
  • US5 - “Rhythm of Life”
  • Wings - “Silly Love Songs”

Ultimate Krezip song pack:
  • Krezip - “All Unsaid”
  • Krezip - “You Can Say”

Foreign language songs:
  • French
    Cali - “Je M’en Vais”
    Grégoire - “Toi + Moi”
  • Spanish
    Mürfila - “Loko”

Songs that didn't make it:
  • Blur - “Beetlebum”
  • Krezip - “All Unsaid”
  • Krezip - “You Can Say”
  • Take That song pack

Tntnnbltn

SINGSTORE SALES PREDICTIONS - JUNE 2009

Okay, every SingStore update for this month has been revealed. Time for people to submit their predictions for June's Top 5 SingStore songs! :D

General info:
This is the first trial for a monthly competition. Basically, people try to guess the best selling SingStore songs. When the real list is posted on the EU PS Blog sometime next month, people will be scored according to how well they did.

Competing sites:
The following communities will be involved in the June predictions:
Pending on how this first test goes, this may be expanded to other sites.

What you have to do:
Have a look at the last couple updates (click here for a list) and say what you think will be the top five purchased songs, worldwide, from June 1 to June 30, 2009. Copy and paste the following template and add in what you think will be the most popular songs. It doesn't matter if you aren't confident -- Take a guess.
Just don't leave me high and dry as the only person from GAF to do a prediction. :-/

Template:
Code:
[SingStore Predictions - June 2009]

Sample:
(Here's my prediction if you want an example to work off. I could be way off though, so don't copy me :p )

1. Evanescence - "My Immortal"
2. Bill Withers - "Lean On Me"
3. Ray Charles - "Hit The Road Jack"
4. Pink - "Nobody Knows"
5. Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life"

Deadline:
Sales predictions are due by 11pm June 30, 2009 (GMT). That's about 5 days from now.

woodypop

Tntnnbltn said:
US SingStore Update, 25th June, 2009

I wonder why the US didn't get the Pet Shop Boys tracks this time. Really wanted "I Get Along." =(

Tntnnbltn said:
  • Blur - “Beetlebum”
  • Take That song pack

Oh that's bullshit. :(

Take That, I understand...but the rest, c'mon.

Yeah, a definite shot to the gut! I can't complain too much, London Studio has hit homeruns for me in so many updates. Hopefully they'll rectify this injustice next time.

I'm going to get my prediction list in tomorrow. I think I already have a good feeling of what my Top 5 will be, but there are still a couple I'm undecided on.

Tntnnbltn

Toy Soldier said:
I'm going to get my prediction list in tomorrow. I think I already have a good feeling of what my Top 5 will be, but there are still a couple I'm undecided on.
Awesome. I was wondering whether I'd need to prod you for one. :lol

kassatsu

Banned
1. Evanescence - "Lithium"
2. Ray Charles - "Hit The Road Jack"
3. Pink - "Nobody Knows"
4. Evanescence - "My Immortal"

netguy503

kassatsu said:
1. Evanescence - "Lithium"
2. Ray Charles - "Hit The Road Jack"
3. Pink - "Nobody Knows"
4. Evanescence - "My Immortal"

Aren't those already out?

Tntnnbltn

kassatsu said:
Michael Jackson is dead. I hope we get some songs in a Tribute pack.

T_T
Wow. This is the first thread I checked today. Had no idea.

I doubt a Michael Jackson pack. PS Blog already hinted no plans for Michael Jackson songs in the SingStore in the near future.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Tntnnbltn said:

I doubt a Michael Jackson pack. PS Blog already hinted no plans for Michael Jackson songs in the SingStore in the near future.

It's 2pm and you've just found out? WHAT

They better change their minds now >_>

Tntnnbltn

VOOK said:
It's 2pm and you've just found out? WHAT
I went to bed at 5am and just woke up. :-/

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Did they hint at a full game dedicated to him? I'm guessing no.
I've heard rumours of a Michael Jackson karaoke game, but for PS2/PS3/Wii... So not SingStar.
Google News said:
Michael Jackson has a planned video game bring released for the PS2, PS3, and Nintendo Wii this holiday season. No word yet as to whether or not the performer's death will cause a delay or cancellation of the game. The rumored video game was said to be made by MJJ Productions, a company owned by Michael Jackson himself.

netguy503

Tntnnbltn said:

Yea and them getting money over people's saddness over losing a legend would be lame, unless the money went to a good cause.

Tntnnbltn

For those with Panic at the Disco (and an aversion to censoring):

I originally purchased the song the same day as the SingStore update was released, and the version I got had identical censoring to the US PS2 version. I only noticed today that the song is suddenly fully uncensored (including "Whore"). They must have changed the internal file sometime between release and when I redownloaded all my songs a month or two ago.

fm1efk.jpg

Funnily enough, they didn't update the 30 second preview file which comes with the song. When you preview the song, either on the SingStore or the song select screen, you'll still hear the censored version.

lupinko

1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2. Hit the Road Jack - Ray Charles
3. Lean on Me - Bill Withers
4. The Fear - Lily Allen
5. My Immortal - Evanescence

Well I hope they do put MJ on the Singstore, he pretty much was, no still IS Epic Records. ='(

agm2502

1. Bill Withers - "Lean On Me"
2. Evanescence - "My Immortal"
3. Charles and Eddie - “Would I Lie To You”
4. Adam & The Ants - “Stand and Deliver”
5. Korn - "Freak On A Leash"

They're my predictions, just a qucik guess this month next time I'm gonna thorughly research by looking at the amount of uploads etc of each new song.

kassatsu

Banned
So my singstar 90s disc makes my disc drive sound like a jet engine, but 80s and pop don't. Any ideas?

Only when loading from Singstar PS3. The game works fine when I boot it up normally.

Tntnnbltn

kassatsu said:
So my singstar 90s disc makes my disc drive sound like a jet engine, but 80s and pop don't. Any ideas?
All of mine sound like a jet engine. It's like they bundled PS2 BC and Xbox 360 emulation all into one. :-/

Tntnnbltn

SingStar patch 4.10 is live.

Change log:
  • Polish available as a language option.
  • Friends list bug fixed.

Patch size:
  • SingStar Vol 1 (PAL): 55MB
  • SingStar Pop Edition (PAL): 27MB

Tntnnbltn

Submissions for the June SingStore sales predictions are closed. I'll post the results and scores once the Top 20 list is published by the PS Blog. Thanks for participating.

Top Bottom