• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

Absolutely massive update for me. This update = exactly my taste in music.

My purchases:
  • Aqua – "Barbie Girl"
  • Empire Of The Sun – "We Are The People"
  • Gwen Stefani – "What You Waiting For?"
  • The Killers – "Mr. Brightside"
  • Lady Gaga feat Colby O’Donis – "Just Dance"
  • The Pussycat Dolls – "Don’t Cha"
  • Ronan Keating featuring Yusuf – "Father And Son"
  • Scissor Sisters – "Take Your Mama"
  • Timbaland feat. OneRepublic – "Apologize"
  • Tom Jones – "It’s Not Unusual"
  • Wet Wet Wet – "Love Is All Around"

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 20th August, 2009

Songs from this week's European update:
  • The Coral – "Bill McCai"
  • Empire Of The Sun – "We Are The People"
  • Newton Faulkner – "All I Got"
  • The Stanley Brothers with The Clinch Mountain Boys – "I’m A Man Of Constant Sorrow"
  • Travis – "Something Anything"
  • Wings – "Let ‘Em In"

Foreign language:

Spanish
  • El Arrebato – "Dame Cariño"
  • Natalia Lafourcade – "En el 2000"

Portuguese
  • Just Girls – "Passa O Vento"

Tntnnbltn

birdman said:
Wow, what a paltry update for us USers.
I know. All of the other singles were under Universal Music Group, so it left nothing for the US. :(

If you completely ignore the US update for a second, it's amazing the change in quality between Lips and SingStar updates recently. These are the songs released on the Lips store for all of August...

August 7 DLC:
* [1986] Timbuk3 - "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades"
* [1989] The Beautiful South - "Song for Whoever"

August 14 DLC:
* [2007] David Guetta and Chris Willis - "Love Is Gone"
* [2007] Robyn - "With Every Heartbeat"

August 21 DLC:
* [2001] Robbie Williams - "The Road to Mandalay"
* [2005] Coldplay - "Talk"

August 28 DLC:
* [1969] Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Proud Mary"
* [2001] Shaggy - "Angel"
The two August updates for SingStar in Europe have been huge by comparison. Hell, I'm buying more songs in the forthcoming update alone than Lips is releasing for the entire month.

linsivvi

Damn it. They better sort out the Universal issue soon or I might need to find a way to get an Europe/Australia credit card... :/

Tntnnbltn

linsivvi said:
Damn it. They better sort out the Universal issue soon or I might need to find a way to get an Europe/Australia credit card... :/
There have been rumours of European PSN cards, perhaps to be announced at Gamescom.

That being said... if your console breaks and you need a replacement, SCEA won't be able to refund/reclear songs from a different territory. This means you'll have to repurchase all of your European-released songs if you want them again. Keep this in mind.

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
Ultimate Queen 4 and Tom Jones for me this week, I'll consider some of the other songs later.
The only GaGa lupinko wants is Radio GaGa. :p

Information for August's SingStore sales prediction competition will be posted on Thursday once this update has gone live

Toki767

Wow...the UK really got a fantastic update. I'm sad that I'm down to my last 12 pounds in my UK account. I'll be spending 5 of which on this update. Then it's time to go find someone from the UK to ask them if I can transfer money. :lol

I notice that the most popular songs here that have been popular in the US haven't even come out in discs in the US.

linsivvi

Tntnnbltn said:
There have been rumours of European PSN cards, perhaps to be announced at Gamescom.

That being said... if your console breaks and you need a replacement, SCEA won't be able to refund/reclear songs from a different territory. This means you'll have to repurchase all of your European-released songs if you want them again. Keep this in mind.

I know. I am not even from the US either, but that's the only way I can get any Singstar DLC at all. :/

woodypop

I've been pretty disappointed by the US Singstore updates recently, and really hope the European PSN cards become a reality soon.

(Glad I managed to import UK volumes 2 and 3 to tide me over in the meantime.)

birdman

Tntnnbltn said:
If you completely ignore the US update for a second, it's amazing the change in quality between Lips and SingStar updates recently. These are the songs released on the Lips store for all of August...

The two August updates for SingStar in Europe have been huge by comparison. Hell, I'm buying more songs in the forthcoming update alone than Lips is releasing for the entire month.

In all honesty it reminds me of the weekly DLC for Rock Band compared to Guitar Hero.

Echoes

I think I'll be selling my Singstar 2 because apparently the US store is the shittiest store of all time. What the hell, really.

If I can't find a way to download stuff from the UK store (are the songs region locked?) I don't see a reason why I should keep the game. It's insulting, to say the least.

Tntnnbltn

Echoes said:
If I can't find a way to download stuff from the UK store (are the songs region locked?) I don't see a reason why I should keep the game. It's insulting, to say the least.
It's not region locked. You just don't have any Euros in your European PSN account.

Echoes

Tntnnbltn said:
It's not region locked. You just don't have any Euros in your European PSN account.
I think I have a way. I just hope it works.

The UAE (and KSA) stores are exactly the same as the UK store, AFAIK. I live in Kuwait, which is like 10 feet away from KSA. If I managed to use my Kuwaiti Visa in the Saudi store, then that's great. If I can't then.... oh well.

lupinko

Just a note for my fellow North Americans, don't bother to use Entropay, it doesn't work on any of the PAL PS Stores.

I tried this and was out $10 CAD.

Well it was worth a try tho. =)

Tntnnbltn

Echoes said:
The UAE (and KSA) stores are exactly the same as the UK store, AFAIK.
Not for SingStar. Each individual country has a slightly different store because the music licensing arrangements can vary from country to country. Before loading up your account, log onto the SingStore using UAE/KSA account and see what's available. There's a chance it's not even available in this region yet.

agm2502

GAMESCOM'09: Inventive deal will see EA distribute PS3 exclusive, instrument-free port of Rock Band, MCV understands

Beatles fans are in for a double treat this Christmas – with a SingStar title dedicated to the band set to join the Fab Four’s official Rock Band game on retail shelves in September.

In great news for the High Street, MCV understands that SingStar: The Beatles will effectively be an instrument-free port of The Beatles: Rock Band, and will be exclusively released on PlayStation 3.

Sources at Gamescom in Cologne told MCV that, as with The Beatles: Rock Band, the title will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts.

The title, which will come bundled with SingStar microphones, will be released “within days” of The Beatles: Rock Band’s arrival on September 9th, MCV understands.
Singstar: Beatles! that was unexpected!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35428/SingStar-Beatles-on-the-way

I hope this is a true Singstar game and not just a bundle with the mics like Disney Sing It!

As a thirty something karaoke loving Brit, Singstar has my singing tasted locked down to perfection. Abba, Queen and The Beatles are basically the cornerstone of my music taste. These are the groups I grew up listening too, these are the songs I know backwards. Throw in the Mototown disc and there is nothing more I could ask for.

Well if they were to ask, I'd want to know where the Singstar Grease disc has got too?

Then there is a West End Musicals disc, a Broadway musicals disc and an 80's movie soundtrack disc. Give me Les Miserable Singstar, Andrew Lloyd Webber Singstar. I demand the right to sing "I am what I am" in Singstar!

Tntnnbltn

Take That have been removed from the US update.

The US PS Blog literally says:
In English
Empire Of The Sun – We Are The People
Newton Faulkner – All I Got
Take That – A Million Love Songs
Take That – Babe
Take That – It Only Takes A Minute
Take That – Pray

The Coral – Bill McCai
The Stanley Brothers with The Clinch Mountain Boys – I’m A Man Of Constant Sorrow
Travis – Something Anything
Wings – Let ‘Em In

Tntnnbltn

SingStar Home integration

EU PS Blog live coverage said:
In fact, SingStar is coming to Home. Andrew House is showing us the new space.

Includes a music quiz, a video jukeboz, an interactive dance floor and "more to come..."

PSN cards available in September

Toki767

Tntnnbltn said:
[PSN cards available in September
Any clue on if if it will be pounds or euros or if the UK will get their own version? I think buying songs using pounds is cheaper than buying songs using euros for us American gamers.

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
Any clue on if if it will be pounds or euros or if the UK will get their own version? I think buying songs using pounds is cheaper than buying songs using euros for us American gamers.
Only 20 and 50 Euro cards have been mentioned so far.

Edit: Apparently same for GBP too.

Toki767

Tntnnbltn said:
Only 20 and 50 Euro cards have been mentioned so far.
Ouch...if that's the case then it'll be like $2.10 per song for US customers. I really hope it comes out in pounds. That seems like a more likelier wish than wishing for the UMG deal to hit the US Singstore at least. :lol

Tntnnbltn

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4KUKTq3lwE (Available in HD)

Overview:
Sales
  • 19.5 million disc games
  • 8.6 million microphones
SingStore
  • 1294 songs available
  • 5.9 million purchases
Song Packs
  • 30 song packs available
  • 100,000 purchases
My SingStar Online
  • 543,000 online users
  • 35,000 weekly online users
  • 20,000 videos watched daily
User content
  • 286,000 media uploads
  • 154,000 video uploads
  • 1 in 4 users have uploaded content

Screenshots:

Tntnnbltn

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQpvxXZN1Q (Available in HD)

Overview:
SingStar Clubs
  • Network with other like-minded SingStar fans. Keep up with their latest video uploads and compare online scores
Video Editor
  • Customise your video performance with a range of special effects and editing techniques
Wallpaper Creator
  • Import your own photographs and images to customise your SingStar environment
SingStar Viewer
  • Access My SingStar Online features and the SingStore directly from the XMB
PlayStation Home integration
  • SingStar is coming to Home, with an interactive dancefloor, video jukebox and more

Screenshots:

MadFuzzy

Direct access to the Singstore from the XMB looks handy, as does the wallpaper creator. Hopefully there will be some release dates given out for all this stuff soon.

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
Hopefully there will be some release dates given out for all this stuff soon.
When Clubs and Video Editor were announced in June they had a release date of September 2009. Shouldn't be too far away for those, at least.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Tntnnbltn said:
When Clubs and Video Editor were announced in June they had a release date of September 2009. Shouldn't be too far away for those, at least.

This is pretty exciting stuff. Hopefully singstore won't be slow as all hell direct from the XMB :3

Top Bottom