• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Site Update - Game Console Mentions

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Today I'd like to introduce a new NeoGAF feature. Whether you're a PlayStation 4 PlayStation 4 gamer, or like chilling out with your Switch Switch on the go (or even if you're loving Game Pass on your Xbox One Xbox One ) you'll enjoy our new Console Mentions here on NeoGAF.

What is this?
A while back we updated our user mentions system to include a small thumbnail of the user you're mentioning and we thought "It'd be cool if you could do this for game systems as well". So we took that idea and made it a reality. Everything from Atari 2600 Atari 2600 to Ouya Ouya . I can already hear you asking: what about handhelds? That depends on whether you think the Virtual Boy Virtual Boy is a handheld or not. Just kidding, we've got Game Boy Game Boy , Game Gear Game Gear , and even the Atari Lynx Atari Lynx . Too mainstream? Feel free to talk about your favorite Game.com Game.com or N-Gage N-Gage games. We've got nearly fifty of your favorite game consoles set up for this even the 32X 32X .

Why?
If you're going to talk about the Super Nintendo Super Nintendo vs Genesis Genesis or PlayStation 2 PlayStation 2 vs Dreamcast Dreamcast console wars, you're going to want to be prepared. You're going to want the name of your favorite console to be shown in Orange and link to a page with more information. How else will anyone know that your first gaming system was that ColecoVision ColecoVision you got for Christmas in 1982? What if the person you're talking to has never heard of the TurboGrafx-16 TurboGrafx-16 and wants to learn more about it? Or maybe you're working on a new OT and want a fancy way to display the fact that a game is releasing on the Nintendo 3DS Nintendo 3DS because it can do that too.

How?
Just like with User Mentions, Console Mentions start with an @ symbol then just type in something like... I don't know.... Neo Geo Pocket Neo Geo Pocket . And just like magic it'll appear. You'll be reminicing about your favorite Nintendo 64 Nintendo 64 or Game Boy Advance Game Boy Advance games like a pro soon.

The Future
We're already hard at work (thankfully on a PC PC faster than our old Commodore 64 Commodore 64 ) building new integrations for this feature. For now though, we just enjoy the novelty of being able to see a photo of an Atari 7800 Atari 7800 or a GameCube GameCube in our posts and we hope you will too.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

The warriors are already like...
z3HujNl.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Being honest, not sure this is particulary interesting, since for me console wars have any kind of significance.

But there are for certain those who liked so...I think it's fine I guess.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Do people play @Arcade games anymore? Is that considered a system, or y'all bitches too broke to get in on that?

Why don't you go play your @Wonderswan Crystal, you buncha pansies. Buncha @Amstrad CPC, don't know whose @X68000 asses y'all buncha @PCFX prisses is licking. Suck my @Gamepark32 @GP32, you cock-nosed A atomiswave fans.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
P PS4 hasn't signed in years, but they're in for a shock when they see their notification count now!

Myths

I love that the PC is a fucking vintage throwback to a bygone era.
What’s funny is I meant to put Gameboy SP... anyone remember that one?

Edit: yeah I’m lowkey getting old lol, I said Nintendo SP. 😂

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just downloaded my first Arcade Archives from work today on the PlayStation 4 PlayStation 4 ... Ninja Gaiden.

I have not played the arcade version since literally putting a coin in the machine when I was a kid. The only place that had it was this obscure smoke shop/bus stop, along with the dope Sega Superman arcade game.

About to fire it up.

Top Bottom