• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skull & Bones Year 1 Roadmap Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ubisoft has released a new trailer for Skull and Bones, its upcoming pirate simulator, and has showcased its year one roadmap for the game.

“Get a first look at the year one and end game content, available for free,” the description reads. “Fights against merciless Pirates Lords, get access to new world events or grown your own empire: all new ways to experiment the fearless world of Skull and Bones!”

The structure of the adventure has you taking on a series of pirate lords, conquering the world’s oceans in the process.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
The Goonies Sloth GIF

Bluecondor

I like the sound of these activities, especially the business/empire building part. I have been following this game for awhile, but I'm not completely following the current plans.

Is PvP optional in this game or is everything they showed in the trailer PvP?

Also, have they said how big the multiplayer parties are? Specifically, when we go into the world as a solo player, will you be forced to go up against groups of 4+ players?

For me, these questions are going to go a long way in determining how much I will play this.

I like the sound of these activities, especially the business/empire building part. I have been following this game for awhile, but I'm not completely following the current plans.

Is PvP optional in this game or is everything they showed in the trailer PvP?

Also, have they said how big the multiplayer parties are? Specifically, when we go into the world as a solo player, will you be forced to go up against groups of 4+ players?

For me, these questions are going to go a long way in determining how much I will play this.
As far as I know this is PvE and you can't inflict damage on random players.

Last edited:

Bluecondor

As far as I know this is PvE and you can't inflict damage on random players.
That would be great! Maybe it is one of these games where PvP is only in certain activities that you have to choose to do (like when you pick up one of the treasure maps they mentioned).

That would be great! Maybe it is one of these games where PvP is only in certain activities that you have to choose to do (like when you pick up one of the treasure maps they mentioned).
That's what it seems like. I think maybe if you activate certain treasure maps it opens you up to PvP until get to your destination. I think it says that in this trailer but I was just skimming through.

These concepts all sound great on paper, same with the game.

I guess I'd just rather have this all packaged in a game that takes place on land...in a Mad Max Fury Road-style game fighting other cars, trucks, and 18 wheelers, while any vehicle can be boarded and fought for by you or the crazy guys next to you.

tumblr_p5fzcoTWYh1rey868o1_540.gif

58ea5bce71788d1ebac28fde64271425.gif

RVFL.gif

I think that's the main problem here. No one really asked for a modern Ubisoft pirate game, as they had missed the boat on AC: Black Flag(no pun intended). However, if they had taken these concepts and built something different like 'desert pirates'-esque such as the above, I think people would have been more interested.

Top Bottom