• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

Despite getting Skullgirls on day one I've always been waiting for Squigly to come out before dedicating time to it because I knew I wanted her on my team. >_>

Gonna back this up with 30 bucks.

Also that concept for the TF2 hat looks fuggen sweeeet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
if they get past 600K then yes she is....if she gets enough votes

I've got a bias for Minette...

tumblr_m34c1eZitP1r2cewt.png

Minette is the only other character I would use :p

LiK

OK, here's the response I got from IndieGoGo...

If someone is looking to upgrade to a different tier, the easiest way would be for them to contact our Customer Happiness team at support@indiegogo.com - We can then refund them and they can recontribute. Please let me know if you have any more questions!​

cool, thanks. a bit more of a hassle than KS.

Wow, I didn't know this game had this level of fanbase to pony this much money already.

Good on them though, I don't like fighting games but I LOVED the character in this that was an homage to rubber hose animation.

Also I gotta say I love this concept of the DLC characters being free for a time on all platforms after they come out. Always hated that DLC characters essentially punished people for not wanting to main a character on the main roster.

Put in $30.

I support independent/American made fighting games as a concept, even if I really hate the way Skullgirls plays and looks.

Cyrano

M.Bison.gif

And yeah, this game. Man, can't wait to play this on PC. Voting for Minette too. Moe shall take over all, ALL HAIL HYPNOT-

Azure J

Oh man Skullgirls on the Wii U Gamepad would be amazing.

Always thought that Skullgirls would be a good fit on Wii U between Miiverse shenanigans upping visibility, dat current Nintendrought™ forcing people to potentially check out more "alternative" things on eShop and now (post donation drive) the added visibility/clout it got from the Smash Bros. community embracing it.

Of course, whether or not anything happens is all on Lab Zero and I can also see the big elephant in the room (funding for a port) being a hassle as is.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man, I already preordered the game from GamersGate. But I wanna get into the beta. :(

Dat untapped latent PC Skullgirls fanbase.

I gotta get in on a piece of the action.

And...... I'm in for 30 USD. This better be worth it lol. Hopefully this'll show there's a vast market for fighters on the venerable PC.

Busaiku

I can't believe I spent over $300 for Skullgirls related drives over the last month, and I still haven't picked up the game yet.
What in the world is wrong with me.

Krackatoa

Glad to see a ton of support for this.

Crowd-funding works great for niche genres. Extreme demand concentrated into a relatively small playerbase. You see the same with space sims and adventure games. Fighting games are relatively untested in this respect. Looks like it's no different here.

Obviously won't work with A-listers like Capcom, due to per-character budgets being too high, but for LabZero, they're in a great position.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can't you call and cancel the gamersgate order?
Nope, it was a trade where I was sent the copy as a gift. Also, I want the Parasoul skins for preorder DLC. :S
I can't believe I spent over $300 for Skullgirls related drives over the last month, and I still haven't picked up the game yet.
What in the world is wrong with me.
You like fighting games too much. :p

I guess I'll contribute with $10.

Adorable

20130225220506-DLC_Annie_zps1063cd19.png

The second row will have lots of new faces in terms of fresh art from the team. Can't wait to see them unlocked as more money flows.

Krackatoa

Open to ideas, because we don't really know what we could give that would warrant higher level rewards.

Like, we don't have an office to fly people out to or anything like that.

A custom rough animation + framed HQ prints of a couple cleaned and coloured keyframes?

Oh shit:

Next patch, you extend Double's Level 3 to include 1 original character + 1 extra character of their choosing from the master list.

At the rate this is going, I'll be more surprised if it hasn't reached its goal by the time I wake up. Kinda glad I waited on donating really, I kinda don't need any extra expenses on my credit card right now, I have to wait until next week .___.

Adorable

20130225220506-DLC_Annie_zps1063cd19.png

The second row will have lots of new faces in terms of fresh art from the team. Can't wait to see them unlocked as more money flows.

I'm conflicted. I really want Annie, but I also really want Marie, but I also want Mrs Victoria and I JUST WISH WE COULD HAVE THEM ALL D:

tafer

I have spend way too much money already on Skullgirls... and you guys want me to give more!?
Won't somebody please think of my wallet!

I'll donate this weekend.

I'm conflicted. I really want Annie, but I also really want Marie, but I also want Mrs Victoria and I JUST WISH WE COULD HAVE THEM ALL D:

I think we just became best friends. Those are the exact characters i'm into. Along with the triplets, but they seem to be forgotten. U.U

Quick Question: What exactly is Vulcan Heel?

Top Bottom