• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

TDLink

Issac,

But no one likes Leduc
;o;

also , why aren't there more people talking about panzerfaust

F@%&iNG TANK HAND

My 4 votes are going to be Panzerfaust, Stanley, Brain Drain, and Eliza. My top two would be Panzerfaust and Stanley but judging from general reaction I doubt either will make it.

Still, happy with whatever we get. This campaign was amazing and I am happy I contributed.

Celebration music.

More celebration music.

Even more celebration music.

EVEN MORE CELEBRATION MUSIC.

vRzG0rS.png

Rainbows everywhere.

SupaNaab

also , why aren't there more people talking about panzerfaust

F@%&iNG TANK HAND

I'm not a fan of Tankfist but I think his playstyle would FEEL really good to input as a player. The double tap on buttons with a really good sound effect would be hnnngggg. Hopefully Big Band elicits a similar feeling albeit with music. It's hard to describe but for instance, the fly loops with Painwheel just feel right.

I'd rather can a stage, then give up a character! But nothing will be given up, it'll stay as it is. >:eek:
I don't think anyone is saying to drop a character, just Robo's stage and/or story.

Obviously most people will hope we get everything, but if something has to give I'd rather it be from the alternate character. (ie. Robo-Fortune)

NEO0MJ

So in total what we got are:

-5 new characters (Squigly, Big band, Robo-Fortune and two fan voted characters)

-7 new stages (4 character and 3 bonus)

-8 new voice packs (Republican Double, Salty Parasoul, Valley-girl Painwheel, Anime Peacock, Saxploitation Big Band, Female announcer, Drunk announcer and Real Soviet announcer)

I think that's all, right?

Thread needs more...

1225679414598hq9_zps22a544a1.jpg

Yes, Panzer's punching mechanics will take away from Big O's pressure punches. Tanks and Big O...

Annie/Beowulf/Panzer

The best possible trio.

-5 new characters.

-6 new voice packs (Republican Double, Salty Parasoul, Valley-girl Painwheel, Anime Peacock, Saxploitation Big Band and communist announcer)

that's alright? we're getting the content of a whole new game, it's amazing

TDLink

-5 new characters.

-6 new voice packs (Republican Double, Salty Parasoul, Valley-girl Painwheel, Anime Peacock, Saxploitation Big Band and communist announcer)

Drunk Commentator too

joe2187

Banned

-5 new characters.

Thats 3 times as much support than for UMVC3!

Oh yes, I decided on my 4 votes. The girl characters appeal to be more so...

Beatrix, Ileum, Feng and Minette. Sure wish we had a samurai character though...

Moonlight

Banned

-5 new characters.

Assuming my math isn't faulty, it's eight voice packs. Republican Double, Salty Parasoul, Valley Girl Painwheel, Drunk Announcer, Female Announcer, Real Soviet Announcer, Saxploitation Big Band, and Anime Peacock.

I left out Robo Fortune on the assumption it was nixed in favour of attaching it to the actual character.

Endesu

Oh yes, I decided on my 4 votes. The girl characters appeal to be more so...

Beatrix, Ileum, Feng and Minette. Sure wish we had a samurai character though...

Yesssssss, was waiting for somebody to mention Ileum. Hoping for an Ileum bandwagon to form up somewhere, she deserves it!

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Assuming my math isn't faulty, it's eight voice packs. Republican Double, Salty Parasoul, Valley Girl Painwheel, Drunk Announcer, Female Announcer, Real Soviet Announcer, Saxploitation Big Band, and Anime Peacock.

I left out Robo Fortune on the assumption it was nixed in favour of attaching it to the actual character.

It would be cool if they make her head stay on, and instead of it falling off, whenever that would normally happen she makes a really annoying digitized meow sound.

Village

My 4 votes are going to be Panzerfaust, Stanley, Brain Drain, and Eliza. My top two would be Panzerfaust and Stanley but judging from general reaction I doubt either will make it.

Still, happy with whatever we get. This campaign was amazing and I am happy I contributed.

True
I still hope tank hand, and professor badass gets in

and leduc
but no one likes him
;o;

I wonder if you give characters multiple votes. There are a bunch of characters I like, but I know that realistically only a few actually have a real shot.

I wanna pour all my love onto Beowulf. (And then Aeon.)

Is someone else unironically hoping for Marie? I just want to have my Peacock + Marie team and sit there and enjoy the feels....

Those two are the reason I got into Skullgirls in the first place

All of Japan has your back on the Marie front, no worries there. Here in 'Merica we're pushing for Annie I think.

Holy shit. I was at work all day and didn't have time to check the progress, but holy shit.

I'm so happy I could be a part of this through my contribution, and I wish the whole team congratulations. You folks made something amazing, and I can't even imagine how you must have felt, watching every new goal get smashed.

Amazing fan community for an amazing game.

cress2000

Man, I feel a little weird chipping in $56. I'm awful at fighting games and tend to avoid them, but I've liked everything else I've seen about Skullgirls. Love the art and style especially; hope Lab Zero's next title is similar in that vein and is a genre a little more accessible for me. A brawler as hinted at earlier sounds good. :)

Zissou

They should have separate male and female character polls. There's never going to be a large playerbase for SG unless there at least a couple dudes to choose from (I'm still fine with a predominately female cast though)

Tizoc

Woah I go to bed for 6-ish hours and I wake up to see it got an extra 100,000 dollars?! Congrats to Mike and the gang, looking forward to the new stuff.
Ravi will you consider relasing a Season Pass/bundle that offers all the DLC for those that want all the things at a lower price?

Woah I go to bed for 6-ish hours and I wake up to see it got an extra 100,000 dollars?! Congrats to Mike and the gang, looking forward to the new stuff.
Ravi will you consider relasing a Season Pass/bundle that offers all the DLC for those that want all the things at a lower price?

everything that got funded will be free when it comes out, or so I think (for a limited time)

no matter what happens, we got the cast from 8 characters to 13, it may take a while but we finally have a good sized cast of characters. I hope more people give the game a chance because of this campaign.

Dreavus

Thread needs more...

1225679414598hq9_zps22a544a1.jpg

Yes, Panzer's punching mechanics will take away from Big O's pressure punches. Tanks and Big O...

Annie/Beowulf/Panzer

The best possible trio.

Yes. YESSSSSS.

I actually had never seen Big-O until I saw it referenced on the page. Those pressure punches are manly as hell.

Unlike Kickstarter, I think the payments go through as they are tallied. I could be wrong, though.

Excellent. I think it's stupid KS lets people pledge money they don't actually have. Good to know the Lab Zero guys won't have to deal with any BS.. outside of possible chargebacks.

Top Bottom