• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |OT| This Is Not Your Father's Spyro

Got my Flocked Stump Smashington today. He looks really cool. The flocking is a lot more well done than I thought it would be.

dN10n.jpg

Not sure if I want to sell or keep.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah I love my flocked Stump. Got it a few days ago.

I need to look into how to get some Sidekicks. I want a couple of those.

Orca

I posted it elsewhere, but what the hey, you guys will probably like it too (but not as much as my belly did). Here's the cake I made for my son's 6th birthday:

exdmi.jpg

Nice. Doing something similar for my daughter's birthday in August. Taller though, and I'm going to wire it so the portal pad will light up.

Got her the 'red armored' Drill Sergeant figure. Keeping it at the office as a surprise for the next time she's been good :D

Nice. Doing something similar for my daughter's birthday in August. Taller though, and I'm going to wire it so the portal pad will light up.

Got her the 'red armored' Drill Sergeant figure. Keeping it at the office as a surprise for the next time she's been good :D

Awesome. If I'd had more time, I'd have looked into doing some LEDs for it. Post a photo/video once it's done.

Sora_N

I gave up on this game after realizing how I can never find the gold ones, and since then they've made more bs variants which only benefits people on eBay. The game was fun while it lasted, I will need to see reviews for Giants first. I'm kind of tempted to sell off my characters, but I'm pretty attached since I spent time grinding their levels/skills.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Well, your characters can play - and level to 15 - in Giants. No reason to get rid of them, even if you didn't buy any characters from the second game (but where's the fun in that).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So what Series 2/Giants figures have been announced? I know there's the ones in the starter set (Tree Rex, Jet-Vac, Series 2 Cynder) but what else?

GameMaster78

Neo Member
From what I've seen in videos or on posters -

Series 2 -

- Cynder
- Chop Chop
- Terrafin
- Whirlwind
- Prism Break
- Sonic Boom
- Drill Sergeant
- Trigger Happy
- Double Trouble
- Hex
- Drobot
- Eruptor
- Zook

That's the only ones I've seen so far, but there are more.

New Skylanders -

- Pop Fiz
- Jet Vac
- Shroom Boom

There are pics of the Fire, Water, and undead Skylanders, but I don't know their names.

Giants -

- Swarm (air)
- Bouncer (tech)
- Tree Rex (life)
- Crusher (earth)

They do show pics of the water and fire giants, but I don't know their names.

Legendary -

- Legendary Ignitor
- Legendary Slam Bam

That's all I've seen through pics, but some haven't been announced.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
That's a pretty pimp cake there.

Wes, I grabbed 4 more bags, so got your 4 cards.

24 bucks, plus 8 for the 4 money orders to pay for shipping and handling. So, you're looking at 32 buckeroos.

I will calculate shipping once I physically have the toys. Gotta use yet another address to have them sent to.

The cards warn that you may not get the figure you desire, blah-blah. I figure that's because in time, they may run out of a certain one, just because some people may not want all 4. So, just giving you a warning. You will have 4 Sidekicks, and I assume the earlier I get them sent out, the better chances you have at a set of all 4.

Are you down for this? I'll come back and check. If you are, I will send you my Paypal info. However, if there is an exclusive in Europe as you mention, or if one comes up soon, I can pay you the same price you paid me for the Sidekicks and we can call it an even trade... if you would like?

That's a pretty pimp cake there.

Wes, I grabbed 4 more bags, so got your 4 cards.

24 bucks, plus 8 for the 4 money orders to pay for shipping and handling. So, you're looking at 32 buckeroos.

I will calculate shipping once I physically have the toys. Gotta use yet another address to have them sent to.

The cards warn that you may not get the figure you desire, blah-blah. I figure that's because in time, they may run out of a certain one, just because some people may not want all 4. So, just giving you a warning. You will have 4 Sidekicks, and I assume the earlier I get them sent out, the better chances you have at a set of all 4.

Are you down for this? I'll come back and check. If you are, I will send you my Paypal info. However, if there is an exclusive in Europe as you mention, or if one comes up soon, I can pay you the same price you paid me for the Sidekicks and we can call it an even trade... if you would like?

Still down, but I need to look into UK customs taxes and stuff. I think if it's marked as a gift it's exempt, but I'll double check. Also, I'm happy to go with the slowest method of postage as I'm in no rush. Regarding payment, I'm happy to Paypal as there's no word of anything Skylanders related yet at Eurogamer.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Cool. I will fill them out and mail them in, using a third address. 24 dollars for the bags (don't care about the tax) and 8 dollars for the shipping for them. Remember, though, that they say they can't gaurentee what character you get. Just letting ya know incase that seems to be he case. You are getting 4 Sidekicks, though. That means maybe you can trade others for what they need, to get what you need.

Something tells me, however, that we won't need to worry, due to mailing in early.

I will PM you with my Paypal address shortly. I will get them mailed out as soon as I get payment.

BooJoh

I mailed in my four sidekicks forms yesterday. Hopefully I'll have more luck with them than with the phone-in promo before. I still haven't received anything even though the call said I won a figure. It's been a little over 2 months (April 30th) so maybe they just haven't gotten to the late callers yet.

Hale-XF11

Bleh, I just found out that nspace is making the 3DS version of Giants. wtf happened to Vicarious? Dammit, they nailed that first game almost perfectly. The action and platforming aspects were done really well. If nspace screws this up, I will be pissed, because I was really looking forward to Giants until I heard they were involved.

I was wondering about the new skylanders ... the Wii/PS3/X360 Versions will have Jet Vac. That one will be released separately as a Lightcore Version, right?

The 3DS Version will have Pop Fizz, but will he be also sold seperatley? I've read somewhere that the 3DS version will have a supposedly "reposed" version of Pop Fizz - I guess that would indicate a standalone.

Has anyone found more info on this? I really want Pop Fizz, but I dont want to buy the 3DS Beginners kit ... I already own the Portal ... also how lame is it that the 3DS Version also has TreeRex as a Giant?

Stage On

I was wondering about the new skylanders ... the Wii/PS3/X360 Versions will have Jet Vac. That one will be released separately as a Lightcore Version, right?

The 3DS Version will have Pop Fizz, but will he be also sold seperatley? I've read somewhere that the 3DS version will have a supposedly "reposed" version of Pop Fizz - I guess that would indicate a standalone.

Has anyone found more info on this? I really want Pop Fizz, but I dont want to buy the 3DS Beginners kit ... I already own the Portal ... also how lame is it that the 3DS Version also has TreeRex as a Giant?

You're telling me, that makes it impossible to avoid doubles if you want a console version and the handheld version of the game which is total bs.

Also I hate how the starter packs include Cynder. I don't want another version with just a different pose.

BooJoh

This is the first I've heard of this, but if you look at the following pic:

Behind Lightcore Prism Break on the portal, what's labelled as "Wham Shell?" actually looks like it could be a red Pop Fizz. I wonder if the 3DS pack-in Pop Fizz will be red. His profile in Nintendo Power even stated that no one is sure what his original color was.

This is the first I've heard of this, but if you look at the following pic:

Behind Lightcore Prism Break on the portal, what's labelled as "Wham Shell?" actually looks like it could be a red Pop Fizz. I wonder if the 3DS pack-in Pop Fizz will be red. His profile in Nintendo Power even stated that no one is sure what his original color was.

oh shit! you are right! thats a red Pop Fizz, good find! but it looks like they both have the same pose - both are holding up their potion-bottle

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I found and oddity today. The figure is Eruptor, but the cardboard picture and back description are Boomer. Anyonw know if these missprints are worth money to collectors? Can't seem to find anything on ebay.

Zing

Banned
They are going to package the old figures with the new? That's enough to turn me off. I'm not re-buying the figures. I already have the full set of the originals.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Don't know if this is a good place to try but it can't hurt.

I need 3 skylanders to complete my set (our set, kids and myself) and I have had no luck. I'm looking for Ghost Roaster and his adventure pack, Wrecking Ball and Boomer.

I am in Calgary Canada and I'm trying to find a way to get there without paying a ridiculous mark up.
Was hoping to find someone that has stores around them that have these figures available and maybe I have figures in the store around me that others are struggling to find.
Seems a lot of people are having trouble finding Wham-Shell right now. Stores around me have plenty at the moment.

Anyone willing to team up?

They are going to package the old figures with the new? That's enough to turn me off. I'm not re-buying the figures. I already have the full set of the originals.

oh course they are! ;) I think there are only 7 new skylanders + 5 giants, so if they want to maximize their earings they will pack in old (series 2) skylanders in EVERYTHING just so they can ask for more money for it.

Btw all the starterpacks will have a Series 2 Version of "Cynder", so you'll get duplicates no matter what ;)

Zing

Banned
I need 3 skylanders to complete my set (our set, kids and myself) and I have had no luck. I'm looking for Ghost Roaster and his adventure pack, Wrecking Ball and Boomer.

I am in Calgary Canada and I'm trying to find a way to get there without paying a ridiculous mark up.
Was hoping to find someone that has stores around them that have these figures available and maybe I have figures in the store around me that others are struggling to find.
Seems a lot of people are having trouble finding Wham-Shell right now. Stores around me have plenty at the moment.
I'd be willing to buy what you need and ship it to you at cost, but it would probably be around $15 shipping cost from here (Toronto). My local stores are overflowing with stock. I already have the full set.

oh course they are! ;) I think there are only 7 new skylanders + 5 giants, so if they want to maximize their earings they will pack in old (series 2) skylanders in EVERYTHING just so they can ask for more money for it.

Btw all the starterpacks will have a Series 2 Version of "Cynder", so you'll get duplicates no matter what ;)

There are 8 Giants, 8 new Skylanders and 24 reposed Series 1 Skylanders. In addition, four of the new Skylanders and four of the Series 1 Skylanders are also available as LightCore figures. I expect all will be available in single packs at some point.

My plan is to sell all our Series 1 figures and buy the new figures. From a close-up I've seen of that Battlepack, Series 2 figures look to be more detailed than Series 1.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
- GameStop exclusive Golden Dragonfire Cannon Battle Pack
- contains the series 2 version of the Skylander Chop Chop
- also includes a new figure named Shroomboom
- has the Golden Dragonfire Cannon
- this unlocks a special in-game battle arena
-$25

Here's a full-sized image of the battle pack. Locked mine in today!

That Golden Dragonfire Cannon looks gorgeous, and the regular Shroomboom is much better looking than the LightCore version. You might want to preorder the set ASAP.

Can't wait for the Giants |OT| and the Christmas madness that will occur.

Zing

Banned
My plan is to sell all our Series 1 figures and buy the new figures. From a close-up I've seen of that Battlepack, Series 2 figures look to be more detailed than Series 1.

But the box explicitly states that the new series does not work with the original game.

new Giants Info:

- No Online Play, Still 2 player Local co-op
- No New Adventure Packs, but the 4 Adventure packs from Spyro's Adventure will unlock new levels in Giants
- A Hat Shop is now available. (I have no idea if this is a shop for ingame money or a DLC shop...)
- The Game is about 16-19 Chapters (levels)
- There will be four new Battle Packs.
- Battle packs will contain One new skylander one series 2 Reposed figure and one Battle Item

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wait so there's a differnce between series 1 reposes and series 1 light cores? I was under the impression that all Giants toys were light core.

Zing

Banned
I guess I am either going to avoid this game completely, or just wait until it is fully released and buy someone's second hand figures. I am not re-buying any originals.

BooJoh

I guess I am either going to avoid this game completely, or just wait until it is fully released and buy someone's second hand figures. I am not re-buying any originals.

You'd probably be able to buy single packs of just the new characters, but the three packs are all likely to include reposes, which I find slightly despicable.

As it is, I'm not sure I'll go as crazy for Giants as I did for the first game. I like Crusher and Tree Rex, Bouncer is okay, the other giants I've seen look pretty uninspired or like upscaled versions of series 1 characters so I may or may not go for them all, depending on the gameplay implications. I really like a couple of the new small figures, so I'll probably try to get those, but I have no interest in Battle Packs since I don't play multiplayer and there are only a few reposes I'm willing to commit to at this point.

I'm also annoyed that the 3DS version comes with Tree Rex instead of a different giant.

Wait so there's a differnce between series 1 reposes and series 1 light cores? I was under the impression that all Giants toys were light core.

There are only eight LightCore figures as previously described. Giants also light up, but no other regular sized figures do.

But the box explicitly states that the new series does not work with the original game.

Reposed figures work in the original game, new characters and additional content (like the Canon) don't. That sticker is there because the whole package doesn't work, but that reposed Chop Chop will definitely work in the old game.

Activision Publishing is bringing Skylanders to ten cities across Europe this Summer in a live arena tour.

The tour will offer fans multiple ways to get to know their favourite Skylanders, and a first look at Skylanders Giants, the new addition to the franchise set to come to homes this Autumn.

The Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Arena Tour kicks off in the UK on Saturday 11th August, making a first appearance at Birmingham’s Bullring Centre before heading down to London for family festival LolliBop from 17-19th August. It will then travel to the Destination Jeux festival in France (22nd-23rd August), Breman and Centro in Germany (25th August and 31st/1st September), Stockholm (7-8th September), Milan (15-16th September), Madrid (22nd-23rd September), and Paris (29th September), before a final stopover in the Netherlands (6-7th October).

All of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Tour arenas will offer fans multiple gameplay opportunities, as well as a wealth of other interactive and entertaining activities.

For more information on the tour visit: http://www.skylanderstour.com

The tour will also give families a first look at Skylanders Giants which brings back all the well-loved elements of the original – and then some. Combining physical toys with virtual gameplay Skylanders Giants offers a gaming experience like no other; with new characters and new challenges, it is one massive adventure.

The fun-filled Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Arena Tour will provide visitors with a wealth of interactive and entertaining activities including:

· Meet the Giants: The highlight of the tour, kids will be amongst the first in the world to have a look and play of Skylanders Giants. There will be two Giants statues showcasing brand new characters – a huge photo opportunity!

· Trial Turrets: Game trials of both Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and the new Skylanders Giants game will take place all day on eight trial turrets, each featuring screens – so everyone gets a chance to experience new virtual adventures

· Portal of PowerT Stage and Play Podium: Hosted on a giant Portal of Power, visitors will be encouraged to climb the podium throughout the day for epic Skylanders play-offs and the chance to win a special prize

· The Green Screens: All kids will be able to take a little piece of the Skylands world home, with a souvenir photograph taken with their favourite Skylander within the magical Skylands world

· Activity Zone: Featuring face-painting, fake tattoos and games like ‘Match the Pairs’, this zone is packed full of fun ways for fans to immerse themselves in the Skylanders world

· Welcome to the Arena Rewards: Everyone who visits and experiences the magic of the Skylanders Arena will be given a wristband and a goody bag filled with treats

And more from Activision:

Not only will you get to meet the Skylanders, but you’ll also get to show off your game play skills. Have you got what it takes to enter our Skylanders Arena Tournament? Everyone that plays will win a Skylanders toy and every day the player with the highest score will be entered into the Skylanders Arena Grand Prize Draw.

Take to the stage and enter the Skylanders Arena Tournament
Experience Skylanders and play the game on one of our 12 demo gamepods
Take the Skylanders Character challenge and WIN a T-shirt
Get your picture taken with the Skylanders
Have your face painted ‘Skylanders’ style
Have your photo taken with TREE REX, one of the new range of Giant Skylanders coming soon!
Choose a FREE surprise Skylanders gift
Seated area for parents to relax

BooJoh

I got my Terrabyte and Gill Runt today. All four checks cleared over the weekend so I expect the other two soon as well. They ship in envelopes and Gill Runt has small legs so when I first got him out and he was warm from being in the mailbox he almost felt a little pliable. Hopefully the other two also survive the trip without getting permanently bent.

seems like every new skylander has an orange base instead of green

Yeah, that's something I assumed most people noticed at E3. Orange base = Series 2/Giants. Green base = Series 1.

EDIT:

I've been looking at some news floating around the web, and we've more or less got a list of every Giants figure, except for variants. This is what I could find.

Like I said, I don't want to get every single variant this time around because the reposes just seem like overkill to me. I've bolded the ones I'm hoping to buy.

Giants:
Hot Head
Eye Brawl
Tree Rex
Swarm
Thumpback
Bouncer
Crusher
Ninjini

New Skylanders:
Hot Dog
Fright Rider
Shroomboom
Jet-Vac
Chill
Sprocket
Flashwing
Pop-Fizz

Lightcore:
Eruptor
Hex
Shroomboom
Jet-Vac
Chill
Drobot
Prism Break
Pop-Fizz

Reposed Figures:
Ignitor
Eruptor
Flameslinger
Hex
Cynder
Chop-Chop
Stealth Elf
Zook
Stump Smash
Sonic Boom
Whirlwind
Lightning Rod
Slam Bam
Zap
Gill Grunt
Drill Sergeant
Drobot
Trigger Happy
Terrafin
Bash
Prism Break
Spyro
Wrecking Ball
Double Trouble

Variants:
Punch Pop-Fizz (red, only comes with the 3DS starter pack AFAIK)
Legendary Slam Bam
Legendary Ignitor

BooJoh

My Whisper Elf arrived today, now I'm just waiting for Trigger Snappy.

wF84b.png

Because they ship in padded envelopes with no blister pack, as was the case with Gill Runt, she was quite pliable from the heat and was bent so that she was leaning back, so I immediately used a twist tie to push her head back downward to correct her position. Hopefully it'll stay that way when I take it off.

Her eyes do glow in the dark, in case anyone was wondering.

BooJoh

I was going to post those but as I don't know exactly what we're looking at (flyer, magazine, etc) and magazine scans are a bannable offense here I chose to err on the side of caution.

3 of my 4 sidekicks came in, 1 elf and 2 sharks... I'll prolly be looking to trade depending on what the 4th one is when it comes in. Kinda bummed cause i sent them all in the 1st week together.

BooJoh

3 of my 4 sidekicks came in, 1 elf and 2 sharks... I'll prolly be looking to trade depending on what the 4th one is when it comes in. Kinda bummed cause i sent them all in the 1st week together.

Was the note in the envelope different for the one that wasn't your first choice? Also was your Whisper Elf bent in shipping?

Top Bottom