• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders SuperChargers |OT|

Zero_IYAD

My 2nd Skylanders shipment arrived today + My Collection : )

So that puts me at 194 out of 501 figures.
I'm more than satisfied with this + I'm out of storage space xD
& damn it! I knew it! I had a feeling they'll screw up my B.B. Roller Brawl or Tomb Buggy & I was right xD ! Got a bronze Roller Brawl when I really wanted a regular one. Oh well.

Bought Trap Team tablet edition as a gift to my nephew, I'm flying back home this weekend & I'll give him all my duplicate Skylanders with the game : )

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The Superchargers Starter back is $20/$16 at Best Buy right now.

I've never dabbled in the Skylanders stuff--will the Starter Pack allow me to play most of the game or will I be shelling out for figures sooner than later?

Is Superchargers worthwhile or should I seek out one of the older Starter Packs?

dorikyasu

You can technically play through main story without buying additional Skylanders/Vehicles, but the temptation to unlock what's inaccessible will be very hard to resist.
I'm sure the experience would be different for everyone, but my son and I feel that we had more fun playing through Swap Force / Trap Team than Super Chargers in the end.

U2NUMB

The Superchargers Starter back is $20/$16 at Best Buy right now.

I've never dabbled in the Skylanders stuff--will the Starter Pack allow me to play most of the game or will I be shelling out for figures sooner than later?

Is Superchargers worthwhile or should I seek out one of the older Starter Packs?

Go for it.. superchargers is great and honestly best buy is a great place to buy the figures as well as the GCU discount applies to them so wait for a sale and you can get some good stuff.

Toys R Us last week had Buy 1 get 2 free so they are starting to all clear inventory so hop on now.

If you want access to 'everything' but want to spend as little money as possible, just pick up any water vehicle and any air vehicle and you're good. But you don't even need those to complete the game, it's totally playable and a lot of fun without having anything other than the starter pack.

It's not a bad idea to hit up a local Gamestop and take advantage of the Buy 2 Get 3 Free deal for preowned Skylanders though. You can get a nice little set of them for very cheap.

Zero_IYAD

Hello fellow GAFers

Some of you might remember me. I wrote here earlier this year asking about Skylanders & how to play the games.
I currently have played all 5 3DS & Wii U games, put almost 370 hours in the series & own almost every single Skylander!

Thanks to the recent TRU sale, I managed to get almost everything I'm missing.
I'm currently aiming to complete my collection. & I mean by that owning every Skylander, every vehicle & all level expansion figures -skipping variants of course-.

If all my recent orders arrive safely, I'll be missing only 1 single Skylander, & that is Breeze.
Thus I'm here to ask, where can I find it for a reasonable price?
Or does anyone has an extra one? or willing to sell theirs?

Please let me know as it's the only one I'm missing to complete my whole collection.
I'm looking forward to share my collection once everything arrives here next month.

Cheers : )

Hello fellow GAFers

Some of you might remember me. I wrote here earlier this year asking about Skylanders & how to play the games.
I currently have played all 5 3DS & Wii U games, put almost 370 hours in the series & own almost every single Skylander!

And you began this year? Amazing. Then again since the launch of Amiibos I've bought over 200 Toys to Life items across series.

The only complete collection I'm doing is Disney Infinity since there aren't a huge amount and they can be found for cheap.

Are you also doing later series of the same Skylanders as well? Like Turbocharged versions?

Zero_IYAD

And you began this year? Amazing. Then again since the launch of Amiibos I've bought over 200 Toys to Life items across series.

The only complete collection I'm doing is Disney Infinity since there aren't a huge amount and they can be found for cheap.

Are you also doing later series of the same Skylanders as well? Like Turbocharged versions?
Thanks. & yup, I got into Skylanders January this year ^_^
Yes, I'm collecting all Skylanders except for variants.
Since all SuperChargers are brand new characters/characters with new skills, I got all of them.

Still missing Breeze tho : (

Have you tried ebay, or is the Breeze figure heavily over-priced?

As for me, I finally got Superchargers Wii U just a couple weeks ago! :D So amazing playing as DK, he just takes the series to untouched heights for me, the character really does make all the difference since the DK series is one of my all-time favs. I wish Diddy was playable himself. :p

NeonZ

Has there been any news about Bowser and Donkey Kong being compatible with the upcoming Skylanders?

Zero_IYAD

Have you tried ebay, or is the Breeze figure heavily over-priced?
Extremely overpriced!
I bought the super rare Dark Expansion Pack for 25 $ & the Light Expansion Pack for 40 $ ((both used)), but Breeze solo or the minis Air pack is selling for +65 $ : ( !!!!!
Has there been any news about Bowser and Donkey Kong being compatible with the upcoming Skylanders?
I'm much more active on reddit's Skylanders page & I DID read they confirmed them being compatible with the Wii U version of Imaginators.
No news I'm afraid. :( But has ANY figure been cut from any new entry to date?
No.
& they did confirm that Crash is compatible with all versions of Imaginators.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So the Superchargers Starter set is currently on sale for $5 at Best Buy.

How much of the starter pack is playable without buying extra stuff?

So the Superchargers Starter set is currently on sale for $5 at Best Buy.

How much of the starter pack is playable without buying extra stuff?
You can play and beat the whole game. There will just be lots of small areas gated off that have hats and other collectibles for 100% completion.

Top Bottom