• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword NA Commercial or; NoA's Awful Marketing Strikes Back.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
0 (as in ZERO) nostalgia from that. Fail commercial :/

[Nintex]

NOA's marketing went from 'oh my god they can sell anything turning living rooms into Mario worlds' to: "WTF is this shit" in weeks and they never recovered. Maybe they fired everyone who knew two shits about marketing when Other M bombed... I dunno. Did you guys see the latest 3DS ads? Cringeworthy at best.

Medalion

Banned
Skyward Sword for Dads confirmed

Embarressing as shit

Quick let's get those Robin and Zelda Williams commercials stat

this does not apply to the kids who grew up in the 90s cause i know i didnt have facial hair when playing zelda oot...still gona keep my preorder.

Salih

WChBy.gif

Ifrit

That made me feel old.

Also,

let the fucking kid play the damn game!! your fucking parents didn't took away your controller when you were a kid, did they?

The Hermit

can someone please gif the kid slashing in the air?

and wtf with the narration?

HAHA at the robin williams gif!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
rpmurphy said:
It would have been cool if the dad handed over the controllers to the kid.

Yes.
And if there wasn't no narrator.
Or at least, only in the final part.
But a better one.
For the first part, only dates, to enphasize the massive size of the history behind the series.

Oh, for the handling of the controllers, maybe the father could have said: "Are you ready for this adventure?" and the son could have said Yes with his head.

Boney

Banned
I really really wanna know why noa sucks so much.

"hey guys let's show e3 2010 swordplay footage for 3 seconds, that'll get them excited!"

I started good, but then turned terrible when Skyward Sword was shown.

At least I'll have Zelda Williams to look at on TV instead of this.

MisterHero

It was nice to see the old TV and NES in a brand new commercial

I actually really like it but there could be one for the 25th Anniversary and one for the game itself

Kyzer

Banned
This makes no sense, Nintendo!!!

Why are you using the kindergarten-friendly stupidity appeasing narrator AND trying to appeal to the old OoT fans? WTF are you thinking? Who produces this garbage?

Neki

like how they skipped wind waker, good riddance, amirite?

they skipped twilight princess too. :(

[Nintex] said:
NOA's marketing went from 'oh my god they can sell anything turning living rooms into Mario worlds' to: "WTF is this shit" in weeks and they never recovered. Maybe they fired everyone who knew two shits about marketing when Other M bombed... I dunno. Did you guys see the latest 3DS ads? Cringeworthy at best.
I wonder if the reason behind this is that Nintendo had to essentially re-hire its entire marketing department mid-2007? There's a few sources that seem to suggest that NOA lost a significant portion of its workforce during the move to San Francisco.

FreeMufasa

I thought it was alright. But I thought the Robin/Zelda one was the official ad? Or was that just the 25th anniversary ad?

Also it's interesting to see how much Wii advertising has changed. Had this been 2006 that guy would have been standing up, making wild swings, flinching when enemies attacked etc.

Top Bottom