• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slain - A homage to gory hack-&-slash games of the 80's & 90's (Out now on PS4)

New Slain footage, from Gamescom
b5ntREJ.gif

Mr_D_

Banned
Zero²;173852175 said:
Just amazing! Cant wait to get this game on my WiiU ^^
The first and the fourth tracks are specially great! Do we know who composed them?

Curt Victor Bryant formally of Celtic Frost \m/

~Kinggi~

Banned
EVerything looks great. I backed this, looking forward to release. Hopefully gameplay holds up to the pretty visuals.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere in the thread, but I can't find anything specific.

What's the release schedule for this, platform-wise? I'm itching to play this on Vita's glorious OLED.

SJRB

Gold Member
October for PC, March for Consoles - XB1, PS4/V & Wii U. Slain! Will most likely go to Vita first.

Good news on the October release date, bad news on the PS4 release date.

Why the huge difference between platforms?

deleted

Just discovered this through the bump and want to say that it looks absolutely beautiful.

I don't know if it is for me yet, gameplay wise, but I'll definitely keep and eye on it.

Bloodstained could copy a page or two from you guys in terms of art direction!

Mr_D_

Banned
Good news on the October release date, bad news on the PS4 release date.

Why the huge difference between platforms?

There are a couple of related reasons really...
We are doing all our own port work (as of now). WBG only consists of 3 peoples. It was only 2, a new artist recently came on board to help with promo and some in game bits.
And following on from the above...we don't just want to do a straight PC port for each platform. Each version needs love and to feel like it was meant for that specific console. Obv its very resource intensive to do the port work itself and It takes a lot of time to pass through the platform holders QA etc.
Sorry to keep you guys waiting! Make no doubt it will be be worth it.

There are a couple of related reasons really...
We are doing all our own port work (as of now). WBG only consists of 3 peoples. It was only 2, a new artist recently came on board to help with promo and some in game bits.
And following on from the above...we don't just want to do a straight PC port for each platform. Each version needs love and to feel like it was meant for that specific console. Obv its very resource intensive to do the port work itself and It takes a lot of time to pass through the platform holders QA etc.
Sorry to keep you guys waiting! Make no doubt it will be be worth it.

Hey don't worry. As much as I'd like to play this right now, I'd rather you guys don't rush. This is obviously a labour of love, and I would hate to see you cut down on what you want to achieve with this game. Right on. Amazing.

Mr_D_

Banned
On Thursday, 'Highlands' level in Slain! was shown at the Microsoft campus ID@Xbox Pre PAX event with some great other titles! The doors were open to press 2-4 then to public 5-9. We had a blast watching lots of people getting Slain!

stFmMYVl.jpg

1iJHcQgl.jpg

xdlILmYl.jpg

VA8H1HFl.jpg

WpWQy1ul.jpg

Daknight

Dear God, where the hell was I when this kickstarted happen!! This looks awesome and I am so glad is still coming to the Wii U :) So getting it once is release!

Sanctuary

Some of the animations in these gifs makes me lament what Capcom could have done had they not completely abandoned CPS3. Wasn't impressed by the resolution in the original OP shots either. Not sure if that is with the original engine, or the one done with Unity, but the gifs in quotes look way better.

FTF

Whoa, I hadn't heard of this before but this looks fantastic! Day 1 whenever it comes out for PS4!

Top Bottom