• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Feep said:
I predict, uh...Big Blue music. (shrug)
I can only hope so. <3 And hopefully a better remix of it than the Melee one.

Obligatory mention: F-Zero and Nintendo DS are the only known icons without music. So come on F-Zero. :D

duffey

Jiggy37 said:
There'll still be people following the updates.
But only about four of them, since that's the number who haven't read all the spoilers already at a maniacal pace.
Add one to that! Seriously it's going to be weird not going to that website after nearly a year of checking it on a daily basis.

turk128

I predict this thread will stay around til at least the American release, if for nothing else than people predicting the weekly dojo. (The EU release is in for a long and barren haul, thou.)

Speaking of which... I predict: stats! Some way to track your performances.

Jiggy

I'm going through YouTube right now and looking up the stuff from the First Songs in My Music update and I'm becoming so happy. :eek:

Waluigi Pinball - Forgot how much I liked this! Can't wait to hear it done justice with Wii's better sound capabilities.
Opening/Menu (Metroid Prime) - Forgot how much I liked this too. :D
Butter Building - Loved this theme since I heard it, but didn't know exactly which one it was.
Checker Knights - I knew it from the anime, but didn't know it was in Kirby's Air Ride. Now I'm so happy it's in. :D
Area 6 - I must not pay attention to names or something, because it turns out that this is my favorite level from Star Fox 64 and I didn't realize. Again, so happy!
Mona Pizza - Not really a fan of Wario Ware, so I hadn't heard this before, but it's super cheesy in all the right ways. I'll probably like it even better in Japanese, incidentally... >_> I really hope there are separate selections in My Music for either version. Same for Ashley's theme.

Going to go salivate now. "I'm so happy!"

swerve

I'm sat here with the game running just 2 metres from me, listening to the menu music looping through my headphones, having played for five hours straight, and I'm still programmed to check the web at 4pm. I hope it's a funny update.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Gah, stop channeling Colette. It's creepy.

Geez Laweez! What is THAT?

Be careful, it might be a trap!

Oh now you've got me channeling Star Fox 64, wonderful.

Jiggy

I think I speak for the entire Dojo thread when I say we've got to pitch in to buy for swerve whatever it is that swerve needs in order for swerve to be able to rip the game's entire soundtrack and then put up non-downloadable samples on swerve's YouTube account.

Edit:
Iam Canadian said:
Gah, stop channeling Colette.
Oh, I'm not channeling Colette; she just pops in to speak on occasion. If I actually activated the Jiggybot's Girl Mode--no, no, let's not dare think of the consequences.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jiggy37 said:
I think I speak for the entire Dojo thread when I say we've got to pitch in to buy for swerve whatever it is that swerve needs in order for swerve to be able to rip the game's entire soundtrack and then put up non-downloadable samples on swerve's YouTube account.

Or you could wait a week for Japan to do it :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Keru_Shiri said:
Are all of these smash threads starting to blend together for you guys? I can hardly keep these discussions straight.

All the other Smash threads have spoilers! This is the only real Smash Thread

EDIT: I'm use to this thread moving faster to prevent double posts :(

grandjedi6 said:
All the other Smash threads have spoilers! This is the only real Smash Thread

EDIT: I'm use to this thread moving faster to prevent double posts :(
That's why I retreated back here! The only place I feel safe. :lol

Iam Canadian

Danthrax said:
I'll never leave you, Dojo Thread. I'll never let go.

Must...resist...the...urge...to...

CAN'T HOLD ON MUCH LONGER
BUT I WILL NEVER LET GO
I KNOW IT'S A ONE WAY TRACK
TELL ME HOW LONG THIS'LL LAST
I'M NOT GONNA THINK THIS WAY
NOR WILL I COUNT ON OTHERS
CLOSE MY EYES AND FEEL IT BURN
NOW I SEE WHAT I'VE GOTTA DO
OPEN YOUR HEART IT'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT!

Curse you, Sonic Adventure and your bizarre but memorable song lyrics.

Jiggy37 said:
rip the game's entire soundtrack and then put up non-downloadable samples on swerve's YouTube account.

Non-downloadable?

Where's the fun in that?

Iam Canadian

I notice that in the video, they pronounce Dedede's name "Dee Dee Dee".

I guess that's the official English pronounciation now.

Iam Canadian

I also notice we got a peek at a few of the events.

I like the one called "Unwanted Suitors". Zamus vs...some people. Hopefully Snake. :D

scottnak

Crushed said:
You guys seriously thought that Sakurai was going to stop the Dojo now? :lol
C'mon. How long have we been in here together? Wouldn't it be more suprising that NOONE thought it would stop? We've had crazier things.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
However, Smash won’t come out in North America for a bit and sadly, Europe has an even longer wait until the game releases.

THATS NOT FUCKING FAIR SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. SALT IN THE WOUNDS - MOTHER FUCKING SALT

Jiggy

You know, knowing what I know from the spoilers, if there are actually going to be only two more months of updates, he's got a load of ground to cover. It's time to expect a load of double updates, I believe. :D

Iam Canadian said:
I notice that in the video, they pronounce Dedede's name "Dee Dee Dee".

I guess that's the official English pronounciation now.

Ummm, that's always been the correct pronunciation. Japan doesn't have a "Deeeee" sound so they pronounce it as "de- de- de-" but when translated to English it's "Deeee deee deee."

Iam Canadian

TheQueen'sOwn said:
I'm curious.... what did you think it was?

I'm told that the Japanese pronounce it "Deh Deh Deh". I figured that made sense and followed suit.

Also, I noticed in the video that you can unlock new parts for the Stage Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom