• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottnak

FlightOfHeaven said:
Then use the REAL thread.

This thread.

Also, tonight's update: SURPRISE WE RELEASE SMASH IN THE US FEB 10

P.S. SORRY CANADA/YUROP OH HO HO
If only :'(
Teraton that would be.

Closing Credits Game + Uber Wallpaper of awesome.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
In case of lockage or this thread crumbling now that the game is out I just wanted to say thank you and good bye to everyone who participated in this truly epic and awesome thread.

I laughed, I cried, I cringed, I fapped, I ate Popcorn and I OMGWTFBBQ'd.

This was fun :D, and what is crazy is I haven't even played the game yet and gotten more enjoyment out of it than a lot of others. THANKS GAF

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
FlightOfHeaven said:
Then use the REAL thread.

This thread.

Also, tonight's update: SURPRISE WE RELEASE SMASH IN THE US FEB 10

P.S. SORRY CANADA/YUROP OH HO HO

If the US got it early and Canada didn't, I think I would fly into such a rage that I would actually become a Hulk-like entity and lay waste to the world.

That, or I'd just cross the border and take advantage of our superior dollar. ;P

scola said:
In case of lockage or this thread crumbling now that the game is out I just wanted to say thank you and good bye to everyone who participated in this truly epic and awesome thread.

I laughed, I cried, I cringed, I fapped, I ate Popcorn and I OMGWTFBBQ'd.

This was fun , and what is crazy is I haven't even played the game yet and gotten more enjoyment out of it than a lot of others. THANKS GAF

I share similar sentiments. In this massive, epic thread, we didn't just discuss Smash or even Nintendo at large; we built a community. NeoGAF is a vast forum with thousands of members, but in this thread, we had an odd little microcosm that was surprisingly tight-knit. There were so many regulars of the Dojo thread: myself, Jiggy37, Zeed, Firestorm, ShockingAlberto, SuperAngelo64, Sciz, Crowphoenix, MrCheez, HK-47, Man God, TreIII, KevinCow, CreatureX3, Holy Order Sol, Crushed, sp0rsk...too many to name. Thanks for the good discussion and I look forward to facing you in Brawl.

And now I feel like a sap, getting all sentimental over a thread on a message board. >_>

NickP786

This thread has had quite the run, I eventually got to the point where I'd read the update then (If it was particularly interesting/controversial) I'd head right here to see the reaction/outrage lol

Final Prediction: Wallpaper and Sakurai gives out thanks to all involved
As well as acknowledging that he reads this thread :b

Canadian: I have to agree, I'm really gonna miss this thread too! But look at it this way, once this thread is gone, that means were that much closer to FINALLY playing Brawl!!!

Malfunky

If this is really the last day, I'm strangely depressed, and we just got Rock Band, damnit. I'm not even a regular and I feel a bond to this thread and the Dojo.. But it's been really fun. Word.

Jiggy

I'm not saying goodbye because I'm not going anywhere. >_> That said, I think Iam Canadian put together a pretty comprehensive list, although it's missing Keru_Shiri, Crushed, CreatureX3, Holy Order Sol, TreIII, and even good old KevinCow. And many others. It's probably not possible to put together a fully comprehensive list.
I'll have it available by this time tomorrow.

Also, I have full expectations that at some point there'll be an official "send in your funny screenshots" contest held by Nintendo, and that the best 100 or so will be put up on the Dojo. And probably other random fun things such as samples of every piece of music in the game, which will be a teaser for the inevitable 6-CD soundtrack only available to buy online.

Jiggy

There'll still be people following the updates.
But only about four of them, since that's the number who haven't read all the spoilers already at a maniacal pace.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jiggy37 said:
There'll still be people following the updates.
But only about four of them, since that's the number who haven't read all the spoilers already at a maniacal pace.
I'll just read them because I love how they're written.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'll continue to follow the updates, since it's practically hard-wired into my brain at this point.

Seriously. I'm so used to staying up until midnight to check the updates that it'll be hard to get used to anything different.

At least there are still Jiggy Brand Stats to look forward to.

Jiggy

I was just half-joking anyway. We all need something to do during the wait, right? And more importantly, I'm sure that once we find out that there'll be downloadable sets of 30 new Event Matches every two months, it'll be a Dojo exclusive.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'll be here.

Since I won't get the game till July.
Is that the PAL date?

Gotta have something to wake up to in the morning. Something to soften the blow of realization that I have work.

So, guys, who's the first hidden character that the dojo will reveal?

scottnak

I'm not goin' anywhere. Stayin here til the end!!

crowphoenix said:
Gotta have something to wake up to in the morning. Something to soften the blow of realization that I have work.

Luigi.

Jiggy

I already called Jigglypuff for tonight. :D Along with the Data page and its beautiful statistics.

On another note, I can't remember if I ever said this outside of the spoiler threads, but I really hope that Nintendo ends up making bunches of single-player Subspace Emissary spinoffs. They could 1) sell millions, 2) bring other third-parties into the fold and promote their products so that they have less to worry about as far as having to compete with first-party titles when making games for Wii, 3) produce quality titles, and 4) advance the resurgence of 2D gaming.

In fact, I think that just might be the only reason I'd possibly accept for why Nintendo decided to shrink its DS development team in order to grow its Wii development team. >_>

Crushed

Fry Daddy
crowphoenix said:

Simon Belmont.

Jiggy37 said:
I already called Jigglypuff for tonight. :D Along with the Data page and its beautiful statistics.

On another note, I can't remember if I ever said this outside of the spoiler threads, but I really hope that Nintendo ends up making bunches of single-player Subspace Emissary spinoffs. They could 1) sell millions, 2) bring other third-parties into the fold and promote their products so that they have less to worry about as far as having to compete with first-party titles when making games for Wii, 3) produce quality titles, and 4) advance the resurgence of 2D gaming.

In fact, I think that just might be the only reason I'd possibly accept for why Nintendo decided to shrink its DS development team in order to grow its Wii development team. >_>

they should
steal Sonic. Steal Sonic. STEAL SONIC DAMNIT!

I'm going to pick Luigi for tonight, but if tradition serves they should reveal Jiggly first. And Crushed, I wish.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MGrant said:
The only text accompanying this is "Now what, motherfuckers?"
"What?! A character that even the prophets did not know about?! He must have some extremely cool stuff to keep such a well-guarded secret!"

Fireblend

Banned
Indeed, the thread's in it deathbed now. I guess it was fun while it lasted, although admittedly I started checking this thread when it was well on its way to become the monster it is now :lol

I'm saying intro video tonight, although it wouldn't matter anymore anyway :p what about some news on the 14-CDs OST to be released? (please make it happen Nintendo).

Dreavus

This thread has been good times. Although I didn't actually get activated until several months in, I've been here from the start! :D

Anyways, I predict ZSS final smash again... She's the only character who's missing one on the dojo.

Meloche

I think it's a little early yet to be saying goodbyes to the Dojo thread. There'll still be updates, and it's not like us non j-gaffers have anything better to do for the next month and a bit... :0(

That being said, I'll go with my intro movie prediction from last night. It's not too spoiler-ish, and it's important enough to warrant an update of its own. I must admit that my anticipation for each new update has dwindled a fair bit since the leaks started coming out, but all the same the updates remain worth checking out for the Sakurai-isms alone. That, and for the non-blurry, non-camera phone, non-weird angled screenshots.

I was simply stating that I would miss this thread, if/when it gets locked. With that said, my prediction for tonight is either some sort of megaton, or just ZSS final smash.

Vlad

Keru_Shiri said:
I was simply stating that I would miss this thread, if/when it gets locked. With that said, my prediction for tonight is either some sort of megaton, or just ZSS final smash.

Even if it doesn't get locked, I'm guessing that within the next few days all of the unlockable content in Brawl will be listed on the web, and it seems that a lot of people just can't help themselves when it comes to spoilers.

So, between the people who already know everything and aren't interested in discussing old news and those who are going to try and stay away from the Dojo from now on (sheepishly raises hand), I'm guessing that this thread isn't going to be moving nearly as fast as it once was.

Jiggy

Okay, I already predicted Luigi and the Data menu, but I want to add another prediction: samples of every single piece of music from the "First Songs in My Music" update. Make it so, Sakurai!

Edit: I mean Jigglypuff, not Luigi. My mind's going in my old age. D: And by "old age" I mean "the 45 years that have passed between when Brawl was announced and when it will be released."

TreIII

Zero Suit Samus Final Smash.

Sure, it'll be lame, but it's gotta just get out there already. Plus, they could just get the word out about the "Hold R to Start off with ZSS" and get it over with, already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom