• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
CassSept said:
Competitive play in SSBM:
35klv8h.jpg

Lacks Landmaster

Brawl > Melee

Ramenman

You gotta admire the spoiler protection in place.

You really can't hop onto the site and get your eyes burned if you didn't know about yesterday's update.

Swisslink

[Nintex] said:
Nintendo said it's a mistake, since they never release games on a sunday. NoE hasn't planned a releasedate yet and it seems that Mario Kart will be released first.

Hm... I think the date could be correct, if Mario Kart will launch here in april, June could be...
I still hope it's the 31. march... but i really don't think so xD

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jiggy37 said:
"Step on the gas!" 11 screenshots in one day lead Ness to advance past Sheik and Squirtle while tying Ivysaur.

With how far Sakurai is going to warn about spoilers, I wonder if Ness will ever be in anymore screenshots, or if he is, if it'll only be limited to other ??? updates...although the rest of the updates from this point on may be like that.

Firestorm

YakiSOBA said:
i played smash on the n64 reliiously, and got pretty darn good (id say) with ness... i never played teh SSB on the gamecube, can someone fill in the gap for me? what has changed with ness that i should expect once i jump into SSBB?

also... i saw some footage about ssb melee in the past and people could "dodge" items being thrown at them if they hit a button a split second before impact... is this the same in brawl?

basically my history is:

N64 SSB ---> ??? ---> Wii SSB, fill in the blank! :)

N64 Ness: Oh my god what is this broken shit this kid if unbelievable I never even heard of him but look at him kicking ass oh my god what an unbalanced game

SSBM Ness: Ness? Nesss? NEESSSSSSS?????!!!!! what happened to youuuuuu

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Firestorm said:
N64 Ness: Oh my god what is this broken shit this kid if unbelievable I never even heard of him but look at him kicking ass oh my god what an unbalanced game

SSBM Ness: Ness? Nesss? NEESSSSSSS?????!!!!! what happened to youuuuuu

Ness wasnt even the best character in that game

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HK-47 said:
Ness wasnt even the best character in that game

He's up there. Nearly impossible to kill and the best edgeguard in the game. No infinite spams, floating, or dair into rest though.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Teasel said:
the pixelart guy made another pic for today update but be warned... he also made some "shadows" of the other character

I'd make that Ness pixel art into an avatar, but I'd probably get banned.

I'm one of the proud few who persevered and continued to main Ness in Melee, despite his severe nerfing.

To this day, Ness is the only one I've ever beaten Event 51 with. Spamming PK Thunder dashes for the win!

Swisslink

Iam Canadian said:
I'd make that Ness pixel art into an avatar, but I'd probably get banned.

I'm one of the proud few who persevered and continued to main Ness in Melee, despite his severe nerfing.

To this day, Ness is the only one I've ever beaten Event 51 with. Spamming PK Thunder dashes for the win!

Same here :lol
I don't know how i could do event 51. with another chara than Ness :-?
In melee Ness wasn't as good as in SSB, but i still liked him xD

Iam Canadian

Swisslink said:
Same here :lol
I don't know how i could do event 51. with another chara than Ness :-?

A lot of people did it with Jigglypuff, spamming the Rest attack.

Rest takes care of Giga Bowser like yesterday's trash, but I was never good enough with Jigglypuff to defeat Mewtwo and Ganondorf after getting rid of Giga Bowser.

Jiggy

I've beaten Event 51 with Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Falco off the top of my head, and I'm pretty sure with Pikachu too. Not so sure about Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Ice Climbers even though they were my other secondaries... I can't quite remember.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Iam Canadian said:
A lot of people did it with Jigglypuff, spamming the Rest attack.

Rest takes care of Giga Bowser like yesterday's trash, but I was never good enough with Jigglypuff to defeat Mewtwo and Ganondorf after getting rid of Giga Bowser.

I used Peach... floated off the side of the stage to bait Gannondorf into jumping off to his death, then used her uber smash attacks to take care of Giga Bowser and Mewtwo. In fact I think Mewtwo may have suicided once or twice while I floated, too.

Vuffster

I've beaten Event 51 with Jigglypuff and Marth... the latter of which took persistence and luck more than anything else, I suppose.

Fireblend

Banned
I beat event 51 with Link the first time. It didn't took me too long, but it did when I recently tried with Ness and succeeded after 10+ tries :lol also did it with Sheik.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I only UNLOCKED Event 51 a few days ago, and beat it the other day with Jigglypuff after coming so close but failing with Falcon.

CassSept

With Jiggy Event 51 was too eaz. Quickly take care of Giga Bowser, then removing Mewtwo, only Ganondorf was a little problem, but was possible after other two were down

Firestorm

Swisslink said:
On Amazon.uk the releasedate is the 30. april o_O
afaik they changed the date today...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000E6BVOE/

But i don't think the date is real :(

If you want to get your hopes up, NyaseNya said it would be released April 2008 in Japan and all her other predictions on Smash came true.

-Roster: 35 Characters
[4 secret characters that were revealed. holy crap did not realize this was dojo thread]
-Moveset: Pikmin & Olimar: Undetermined Special: Whip-like Move with Pikmin (12/5/2007) (DOJO updated Pikmin & Olimar's Special Moves on 1/11/2008, Whip refers to Pikmin Chain, Olimar's Up+B)
-Deconfirmation: [HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED oh crap did not realize this was dojo thread] (Agrees with ChaoticImplosion)
-Other: Brawl will be delayed in the US (12/5/2007) (DOJO tells us this 1/15/2008)
-Other: Europe will not get Brawl until April/May (FlipTroopa says Brawl will release in Europe in May, game retailers have reflected this)
-Other: Brawl will be a dual-layed disc, due to its size

However, I never believe dates that use the first or last day of the month.

Swisslink

Uhm... ok, that's a lot of stuff she predicted right...
Unfortunately she only says, Brawl WON'T be released UNTIL April, so it could still be september or so :/

Capndrake

Posted yet? The starter music list has had Port Town: Aero Dive added.

Port Town Aero Dive
Mute City F-Zero Arrangement: Yasufumi Fukuda
White Land F-Zero Arrangement Supervisor: Arata Iiyoshi
Devil's Call in Your Heart F-Zero X
Climb Up! And Get The Last Chance! F-Zero X
Brain Cleaner F-Zero GX
Shotgun Kiss F-Zero GX

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Avoiding spoilers for this game is Hard, especially on youtube. Luckily I've been able to barely avoid them though.

Jiggy

Does music count as spoilers? Because if not, I have to tell you, the stuff that people have ripped and that GAF has found in the spoiler thread is so excellent that it's been simultaneously melting and exploding both my brain and my heart. I mean it. Almost nothing on the Dojo compares to even the least of this new musical flood. It's insane. D:

Not to spur anyone's hype up too much or anything.

Jiggy

Alrighty, I'm putting up on Megaupload a zip of only the 41 songs which were found in the spoiler threads but were are also known from the Dojo anyway. (Either from the First Songs in My Music update, as stealth confirmations in screenshots of the Stage Builder, or from music updates in general.)

But, uh, while I wait for the other ~55 minutes that this will probably take to finish uploading (185.66 MB, baby), I suppose I should find out if this is bannable or something before doing anything, huh? >_>

Jiggy

Yeah, I had just thought of that a couple minutes before seeing your post (but after you posted it). Anyway, 60 minutes to go until joy can descend upon the Dojo thread. This is taking longer than anticipated. >_>

Jiggy

Actually guys, guess what. I messed up. I accidentally included one song that wasn't known from the Dojo. x_x Urgh...
Anyway, I'm re-uploading with that song taken out, but this time 10 songs per zip so that I can actually get this content out here sooner and joy can descend upon you non-spoiler people. Here's the first one:

Music Selection 1

The themes for this one are:
(shoddier recording) Hyrule Field, the Kirby boss medley, Meta Knight's Revenge, Pokemon Main Theme, Super Mario World Ending
(superior recording, marked because I put "Super Smash Bros Brawl -" at the front of the filenames) Area 6, Ashley's Song, Attack (Fire Emblem 7), Battle in the Base, Butter Building

Music Selection 2

(all good recording from here out)
Encounter, Ending (Yoshi's Story), Final Destination, Fire Emblem theme, Go K.K. Rider!, Gourmet Race, Humoresque of a Little Dog, Kid Icarus Original Medley, King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2, Main Theme (Zelda)

Music Selection 3

Main Menu, Mario Circuit, Mario Tennis/Mario Golf (the N64 games, and don't miss this one!), Ocarina of Time medley, Porky's Theme, Preparing to Advance, Sector 1, Space Armada, Star Wolf, The Dark World (yes, it's Zelda)

Music Selection 4

Selection 4: Theme of Samus Aran Space Warrior, Title (Animal Crossing), Town Hall and Tom Nook's Store, Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise, Vs. Ridley, Waluigi Pinball, WarioWare, Inc. Medley, White Land, Yell Dead Cell, Yoshi's Island

Done for now! :D

Iam Canadian

Excellent job, thanks Jiggy. This'll be great for all the two people who avoided spoilers.

Jiggy37 said:
(superior recording, marked because I put "Super Smash Bros Brawl -" at the front of the filenames)

You know, I wish the 4chan guy had done this.

Vuffster

Jiggy, thanks so much for posting this stuff. I'm not spoiling myself beyond official Dojo spoilers and the intro video, so getting this music is awesome. I've been dying to hear "Preparing to Advance" in particular.

Jiggy

Alright, all four uploads and 40 songs are finished! :D For now, at least, until some people who have the game put up yet more stuff. Anyway, this'll help a little bit for the long wait ahead...

scottnak

Jiggy37 said:
Alright, all four uploads and 40 songs are finished! :D For now, at least, until some people who have the game put up yet more stuff. Anyway, this'll help a little bit for the long wait ahead...
Thanks a million Jiggy!

Now, if anyone could PM me any new Kirby details (eg, kirby caps!) that'd be perfect for my spoiler black out. Should keep me content for... who knows. hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom