• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Section of posts complete: 60,001 onward to where we are now. Only four more sections to properly format: 7,501-10,000 (scottnak), 12,501-15,000 (scottnak), 17,501-20,000 (Iam Canadian), and 27,501-30,000 (crowphoenix).

Edit: 7,501-10,000 complete as well. I basically just selectively included direct quotes, since he had a lot of links to pages where full-on debates were taking place.
Edit 2: 12,501-15,000? Finished.

Well, Jigs, when my poor grammar and writing skills break your brain, you can always take some time out to try to, and be successful at, Ikeing me.:lol

Jiggy

crowphoenix's section done. It'll have to be split into two and it's highly wall-of-textish, but I didn't change much of anything because the writing has humor and because it's a highly unique stream-of-consciousness section. I do wonder how many people will even read it, much less click on the links (although frankly the links aren't what make it anyway), but whatever. I think it's great.

As for tonight, clearly the reveal of Sora's next project: a JRPG starring 60 Nintendo characters in their quest to defeat. Super Smash Bros. spinoff. Oh yes.

gotta get in a prediction for this thread, and for the final dojo update:
a goodbye/thanks/etc message, and a wallpaper of all the characters or something similar. maybe even a video!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tonight Lyn is going to be announced as playable.

She's smart, good looking, not just a simple sword user, she brings a deadly bow and sword combo the likes of which Smash has never seen!

Also she'll bring a much needed woman's touch to the total sausage fest that is Brawl.

Lyn for Smash '07!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Gonna have to go with the wallpaper / "goodbye and thanks" notice combo as well for my final Dojo prediction!

Just two and a half hours to go... we're so close guys. I'm scared, somebody hold me :(

Firestorm

Well, if you guys really want to go for old time's sake.

2agsyer.jpg

Chozo Ruins.
I believe.

You know, it's been a fun ride. Kinda sad that we aren't all here to chime this one in. But there's one thing that hasn't been predicted. And I feel it needs to be said.

castlevan.jpg

Be-fucking-lieve.

MrCheez

Just under two hours to go!

Just think guys... Think about how much sleep we all lost over the last year thanks to the Dojo... Think about how many times you wondered what that night's update would be, even when you were doing something a million times more important in 'real life'... Think about how many clicks on your F5 key were Dojo/Dojo-thread related...

In just under two hours it will all be over! :(

Just under two hours, huh? Seems surreal. And then it will update, and poof. We'll read it and it's over. Life's a journey not a destination. :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
It is truly the end of an era. All the hype, all the speculation, the breakdowns and ban bets, the bonding over megatons and Novembust...it all ends here.

I shall miss it. Still, my faithful old F5 key shall be put to use one more time.

For my final prediction of the thread...I predict a farewell message from Sakurai and a wallpaper of the cast. And it will be grand.

Oh, and just for old time's sake...

NESS IS IN. BELIEVE.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Iam Canadian said:
It is truly the end of an era. All the hype, all the speculation, the breakdowns and ban bet, the bonding over megatons and Novembust...it all ends here.

I shall miss it. Still, my faithful old F5 key shall be put to use one more time.

For my final prediction of the thread...I predict a farewell message from Sakurai and a wallpaper of the cast. And it will be grand.

Oh, and just for old time's sake...

NESS IS IN. BELIEVE.

But Mewtwo isnt

*cries tears of pure sadness*

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I predicted the totally obvious Toon Link right, so my final prediction will be the other two characters I always predicted and am totally confident will wake up tomorrow to read how to unlock them.

Tomorrow the remaining two off these three Wind Waker characters will be confirmed playable in Smash Brothers!

GanondorfBattleWW.jpg

And this Zelda character will also be announced of course.

Midnaya.jpg

My non-character update prediction for tonight:

Smash Bros. DS announcement.

neogaf1.gif

This thread has been tons of fun. I hope theres another smash Bros game just for another great update thread.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jiggy37 3,305
Iam Canadian 1,946
Firestorm 1,503
Zeed 1,494
ShockingAlberto 1,414
SuperAngelo64 1,068
CreatureX3 950
MrCheez 821
Haunted One 818
grandjedi6 770

I'm still the 10th biggest poster in this thread?!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Never did I ever think I would take second place for posts in this thead.

Of course, Jiggy's still over a thousand posts ahead, but still. >_>

Jiggy

Bomberman's on his way, guys. Believe.

Edit: Should the final statistics post be tonight with the usual stats, or tomorrow just before the quote compilation (which in turn will be right before the closing post)?

MrCheez

Half hour to go.

So hey, over the past year... did anyone else still find a way to check out the dojo update even when they didn't have access to a computer? I specifically remember a number of occasions where I would bust out my phone after midnight and wait for the slow ass sprint internet to load the Dojo. One time was on a road trip... another on a ski trip... yet another while camping out during black friday... then again that one time when we moved into my new house and the internet wasn't set up yet... etc etc

so many memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom