• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
HOLY SHIT NORFAIR IS IN THIS GAME?!?!?!

No but seriously, I like the safe area with the force field. I envision great fun and bitter tears to be had there.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Honestly, there's not a lot to say about this one. Thus, we're in for a weekend of pointless and unnecessarily venomous debates.

I'll just wait for Jiggy's stats and then I'm out.

Rindain

Banned
Ridley is definitely going to be in the game somehow, we already have his boss music and his stage.

And Sakurai refers to him as a boss again in this update...I bet we get him as Monday's 150th update, hopefully as playable. I'm optimistic that Sakurai is just attempting to throw us off with all the "boss" references.

Iam Canadian

Kodiak said:
NEVER IF THAT FAT KIRBY PENGUIN CAN GET IN SO CAN RIDLEY BLOWHJINAHOI

man.

Dedede's a more major character than Ridley, though. =/

Don't get me wrong, though, I want Ridley too.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Rindain said:
Ridley is definitely going to be in the game somehow, we already have his boss music and his stage.

And Sakurai refers to him as a boss again in this update...I bet we get him as Monday's 150th update, hopefully as playable. I'm optimistic that Sakurai is just attempting to throw us off with all the "boss" references.

Two updates now that specifically mention Ridley. TWO

Just give him to us sakuraaaaaaaai

What really makes me think he is in (besides the character poll) is still the opening from melee:
samus_ridley.jpg

Iam Canadian said:
Honestly, there's not a lot to say about this one. Thus, we're in for a weekend of pointless and unnecessarily venomous debates.

I'll just wait for Jiggy's stats and then I'm out.
Hey I also wait for Jiggy's stats before I go to sleep! :lol

Koomaster

Kodiak said:
ridley not in background of stage = ridley confirmed.
I agree, especially because; "Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was."

Ridley WAS there, but not anymore because Ridley is in the game playable. :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Why do people like Ridley so much? It's just a fucking pterodactyl. They keep throwing the damn thing in Metroid games cause they can't fucking think of anything else to do.

sp0rsk said:
Why do people like Ridley so much? It's just a fucking pterodactyl. They keep throwing the damn thing in Metroid games cause they can't fucking think of anything else to do.

im not so negative about Ridley as you seem, but I think he would a terrible character in Smash.

Iam Canadian

CreatureX3 said:
Hey I also wait for Jiggy's stats before I go to sleep! :lol

On the mundane nights, Jiggy's stats are the only reason I stay up as late as I do. He's really good with them and they're always interesting to read.

You may be totally insane, but we appreciate it all the same, Jiggy! :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
sp0rsk said:

A sentient space pterodactly seems pretty rad to me.

And he's been in every single Metroid game. He's Samus' main rival. AND he'd be really interesting to play.

Seems pretty obvious to me why people want him.

Iam Canadian

MrCheez said:
And he's been in every single Metroid game. He's Samus' main rival. AND he'd be really interesting to play.

Except for Metroid 2: The Return of Samus, Metroid Prime: Hunters, and Metroid Prime: Echoes.

Sorry, I just had to be pedantic there.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
grandjedi6 said:
My mom has a better chance of appearing in Smash Bros then the Prime series

does sakurai actually not give a shit about prime or are you just blowing smoke up our asses?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MrCheez said:
A sentient space pterodactly seems pretty rad to me.

Seems pretty obvious to me why people want him.

People like shit characters?

Zeed

Banned
Kodiak said:
does sakurai actually not give a shit about prime or are you just blowing smoke up our asses?
No Prime in Brawl. Confirmed in an interview with Retro. They haven't been asked to provide him with shit.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kodiak said:

Sakurai doesn't care about Prime. Nothing from the Prime series has appeared in Brawl yet despite the many chances. They are even taking stage and suit design from older games then use the Prime designs

Iam Canadian

grandjedi6 said:

King Dedede is the main villain (and final boss) of Kirby's Dream Land and most of the spinoffs, has a major plot role in Kirby's Adventure, makes a boss appearance in most Kirby games, and is playable in Kirby 64 and Kirby: Canvas Curse.

Ridley has never been the main antagonist in a Metroid game. He's always playing the lackey to somebody, be it Mother Brain, Space Pirate High Command (who we never see), the Phazon, or is being possessed by an X Parasite. He's never been a final boss and never been playable.

sp0rsk said:

You could say that about any character. Ridley is the most ferocious and memorable villain in the Metroid series. It doesn't speak, it is unknown how intelligent the creature is, and it is a huge, flying, sharp-toothed, badass mother fucker who has been back in Meta form AND Phazon form.

If Ridley is announced (I really hope it is), then that's another megaton in my eyes. (I also want levels from Metroid Prime 1 and/or F-Zero GX)

Zeed

Banned
Rindain said:
How old was that interview though?
Very recent. A few weeks after Corruption was released, if I recall correctly.

Oh God are people going to start speculating that the game was delayed to add Prime now?

grandjedi6

underfooter said:
Why wouldn't they add any prime elements? The Prime series have collectively sold around three million.

If it isn't made in Japan or popular in Japan I can't see Sakurai caring much about it

Jiggy

-November 9th brought the 17th stage update. Stages haven't gone anywhere in the ranking--they're still the definitive second-most-common update type, behind only character profiles.

-Including this week, the past four weeks have all had at least one stage. Good stuff for those who like stage updates, I suppose. I kind of do, I guess. Better than an item. >_>

-The Dojo sets a new record for number of days without a character profile, at eleven. ;_; The previous record was between Sonic and King Dedede, incidentally, so if ever there was a time for pessimists and conspiracy theorists alike to run amok insisting that profiles will be slowing down, this just might be it. :(

-Norfair is Metroid's 6th update, bringing that series up to par with Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Metal Gear, and ahead of the tie that Fire Emblem had just made on Monday.

-Our five six least recent update types are now Poke Ball, character profile, game mode, final smash, and a tie between--wait for it--music and story mode. Yes, it's true, even though we just had those last two on Monday. >_> And those first four, of course, are the only update types that didn't show up this week. Lack of a character profile is sad. :(

-The only remaining Dojo franchises without a stage update are now F-Zero, Sonic, symbol #13, and symbol #19. Like I've said before, we've never seen two stage updates from the same series, so either these are coming up or precedent's going to change.

NotWii

Banned
Koomaster said:
I agree, especially because; "Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was."

Ridley WAS there, but not anymore because Ridley is in the game playable. :D
Ridley WAS there, but not anymore because Samus kicked his ass in single player adventure mode :D

grandjedi6

Iam Canadian said:
King Dedede is the main villain (and final boss) of Kirby's Dream Land and most of the spinoffs, has a major plot role in Kirby's Adventure, makes a boss appearance in most Kirby games, and is playable in Kirby 64 and Kirby: Canvas Curse.

Ridley has never been the main antagonist in a Metroid game. He's always playing the lackey to somebody, be it Mother Brain, Space Pirate High Command (who we never see), the Phazon, or is being possessed by an X Parasite. He's never been a final boss and never been playable.

Ridley is Samus's second biggest enemy as much as King Deedee is. How many games has Deedee just been the pawn of Nightmare?

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Monday than.

We've got tons of amazing things so far. The updates this week weren't bad.

edit: Mario Galaxy stage monday or tuesday is my prediction. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom