• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

I kinda figure that sooner or later there'll be a site out there dedicated to nothing but showing others how to recreate each day's Brawl stages.

Thunderbear said:
This thread is huge. I feel like I must be one of the only people not excited about this game.
WarioBooty_gif.gif

Jiggy

Let's see, what to predict on a Thursday. I'll take a look at the past five Thursdays:

Meta Knight's moves + Halberd theme
Saki assist trophy
Events
King Dedede's final smash
Mario Circuit

Are you seeing the theme? Oh yes, it's right there, plain and clear. The theme is that none of these are repeat update types. ^__^
We'll just ignore my arbitrary five-week cutoff date and the fact that six Thursdays ago we had Lucas' moves.
So clearly tonight could only possibly be a character, normal item, Poke Ball, how to play, or story mode. I'll say items are out because we had one yesterday, and Poke Balls are out by being the least frequent main update type. This leaves characters, how to play, and story mode.

I'll call the long-overdue ch--I mean story mode update for tonight. Rayquaza boss or something.

mrkgoo

I like SSB fine, but haven't really followed this thread because it's not large enough.

But will it reference specific games? Specifically, Mario galaxy for example. (I realise TP link is in there).

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
This leaves characters, how to play, and story mode.

I'll call the long-overdue ch--I mean story mode update for tonight. Rayquaza boss or something.
Watch it be How to Play.

Zeed

Banned
Rancid Mildew said:
The final character addition I really wish for is Isaac.
That would be very cool, yes. The character I wanted didn't get in (9/11/07 - never forget), but Issac would be nice.

TreIII

JSnake said:

He would definitely be nice to see. And it would be kind of iconic, seeing how he was the character from Ninty's 1st "fighting game" attempt.

But hey, look on the bright side. He got 2 votes. That's gotta mean something, considering that the likes of Diddy and Klaus/Masked Boy each got 4, and we know that at least Diddy got in with that much.

I'd like to think that Sukapon would stand a chance. He and G&W would make an excellent pairing for SSE... :D

TreIII

0.01%

Smash Boards has already disproved the rumor. And by the time the people who know their shit come into the picture, there's really only about .01% margin of error. :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
I predict today is talking about how you have an extra month to practice and an extra month of updates.
He'll be so happy to talk to you more.

Tim-E

Maybe Wal-Mart's website got so many preorders the second batch of them won't ship from the website until then?

Either way, I won't believe it until Sakurai says it.

In the past, iirc, Wal-Mart's site has listed Melee as being a Wii title. Granted, they may have considered it a Wii title due to backwards compatibility, but I'm more willing to bank on Wal-Mart not having their crap together.

Anyway, my prediction for tonight: SSE update.

Jiggy

Man God said:
Especially those people.
You raise a good point. All the joys they'll never know. ;_;

crowphoenix said:
Tonight: How to play: team battle.
I was about to reply saying this would probably be a game mode, but then I realized that if they explained it in the way they explained the basic rules then it would probably be how to play.

Stage On

If they delay Brawl again I shall summon hords of Smash bros fans to decend upon Nintendo hq and steal the game (or at least a demo or something) for us! :lol

In other news I predict the worst how to play update we've had yet for tonight's forcast with a small chance of a music update on the side to attempt to cover up the lameness.

Jiggy

Stage On said:
In other news I predict the worst how to play update we've had yet for tonight's forcast with a small chance of a music update on the side to attempt to cover up the lameness.
A music update would be a successful attempt indeed. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The one unconfirmed character I'm still hoping for is Ridley, and if he's in, he'll probably be unlockable. I have confidence that the original secret cast (Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Luigi) will be in. I'm also starting to think that Pokey has an outside shot at being in, with his home turf being a level and his theme music being in the game.

Predicting Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash tonight, because we seem overdue for a Final Smash, based on how many we've gotten lately.

Xristot said:
Alright, I'll make my first prediction.

Tonight: The Quit Menu.
Ah, we had this in Melee, right?

Not quite!

See, the game is paused. Metaknight looks like he's in trouble.

In Melee, you would press some different buttons at once and it would end the fight. With so many different controllers, it would be hard to do it the same way.

Since every controller has an A button and a B button, all you have to do is press both of those.

Ahh! Be careful with the sideways Wii Remote option! Holding it awkwardly might accidentally end your match!

I'll get you next time, Metaknight!!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Iam Canadian said:
Actually, I noticed that some of the best updates we've gotten in a while were while you were banned (again).

Just saying. >_>
Wrong, all awful updates (objective fact), except for some good ones right before I was unbanned (Sakurai was leading up to me).

Stage On

Iam Canadian said:
The one unconfirmed character I'm still hoping for is Ridley, and if he's in, he'll probably be unlockable. I have confidence that the original secret cast (Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Luigi) will be in. I'm also starting to think that Pokey has an outside shot at being in, with his home turf being a level and his theme music being in the game.

Predicting Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash tonight, because we seem overdue for a Final Smash, based on how many we've gotten lately.

Yah I wouldn't be suprised if Pokey turned out to be a playable boss character that you unlocked in subspace emesary and if nothing else he'll have to show up as an assist trophie at the very very least now.

Didn't Sakurai say pretty early on that all of the orignal characters from the first game would be in Brawl? I mean come on he might not have annonced some of them by Luigi and Captian Falcon are pretty much a given at this point regardless and Ness has been hinted at too a few times asking how he'd compair to Lacus in a fight.

If the Ice climes could make it again I'm sure Jigglypuff could as well. I meen the man said that the game could have up to 50 characters so you could throw in the pretty much the entire cast from Melee plus the new guys we know about now and STILL have room left over for a suprise or two for later.

Granted their's almost no way we're not going to lose Dr. Mario and Pichu unless they are somehow alteritive costumes but I have a good feeling most of the rest of the the so far missing vetrin cast members will make it back.

As for new characters thought I am so going to be pissed if we even up getting a lamer like Bowser Jr over Lucario this time around. Mario has enough representation and Bower Jr has a better chance of making it into the next smash bros that will almost ineviatbly be made (it makes too much money for nintendo not too) where as if Lucario dosn't make it this time around he won't have a shot for the next round becuse by then we'll be another generation of pokemon foward and he'll be overshadowed.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Stage On said:
Didn't Sakurai say pretty early on that all of the orignal characters from the first game would be in Brawl? I mean come on he might not have annonced some of them by Luigi and Captian Falcon are pretty much a given at this point regardless and

I keep reading this, but I don't think a source was ever confirmed. I would love for at least the entire original cast to return, though.

Stage On said:
Ness has been hinted at too a few times asking how he'd compair to Lacus in a fight.

This is part of my reasoning as to why Ness will return. Lucas' profile asks if he could even surpass Ness. How could we determine this if both of them weren't in Brawl? :D

pulga

Banned
Crushed rises from the grave again, surely this must mean something for the Dojo. We're definitely getting a game mode update tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom