• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Teams are the way to go for 4-player matches, unless all of the players are about evenly skilled. Also, of all item types, healing items are probably my favorite--I like extending match length. Of course, I also like 0.5 damage ratios on occasion. >_>

I like this, it actually adds a little bit of depth and strategy to team battles, and also offers a nice risk versus reward because you can accidentally heal enemies with it.

I don't understand all the hate... what mode do most people play? 1 vs. 1 battles or something?

Jiggy

Jiggy's favorite normal item updates:
Crates and Barrels > Smoke Ball > Pitfall > Team Healer > Franklin Badge > Superspicy Curry > Gooey Bomb > Smart Bomb > Golden Hammer > Cracker Launcher > Banana Peel > Bumper > Items from Previous Installments

Yeah, I actually like this quite a bit. Most of the healing items are kind of biased against slow characters, but being able to throw them sounds like it could bring in a slightly new dynamic.

Firestorm

sp0rsk said:
Could someone post the update text so I can update the thread title.

Golden Darkness did. But here it is again with no pics:

This item has absolutely no relevance for those who normally just play free-for-all brawls. But not knowing how to use the item would be problematic, so I’ll just explain it.

screenshot

You might be able to imagine what it is from its name...

Before I get ahead of myself, I must explain that this game features a Team Battle mode.

For example, this function allows people to break into teams of two and do battle when four people are playing.

screenshot

There are three team colors: red, green and blue.

And the Team Healer has absolutely no function if you’re on your own.

screenshot

If you pick it up, you just hold it. It doesn’t do anything.

screenshot

But, if you throw it at your ally...

screenshot

Your ally’s damage meter gets replenished!

The higher your damage meter, the more you recover.

But, if you don’t alert each other, you may not hit your teammate.

screenshot

And occasionally,
it may cause an opponent to recover damage instead.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Seems like this update has the real starting character select screen, based on the fact that Kirby is being selected. (Since the update we had that finally showed the char screen last week was from the demo and didn't include Kirby)

Gotta love how they zoom in on it so you can't see the starting roster! It really makes me think there must be more starting characters left to reveal... otherwise why not just show us the whole final (not demo) char select screen if we've already seen it's basic design AND we already know every starter? Hm? HM??????

Proven

sp0rsk said:
Could someone post the update text so I can update the thread title.

Sakurai said:
This item has absolutely no relevance for those who normally just play free-for-all brawls. But not knowing how to use the item would be problematic, so I’ll just explain it.

screenshot

You might be able to imagine what it is from its name...

Before I get ahead of myself, I must explain that this game features a Team Battle mode.

For example, this function allows people to break into teams of two and do battle when four people are playing.

screenshot

There are three team colors: red, green and blue.

And the Team Healer has absolutely no function if you’re on your own.

screenshot

If you pick it up, you just hold it. It doesn’t do anything.

screenshot

But, if you throw it at your ally...

screenshot

Your ally’s damage meter gets replenished!

The higher your damage meter, the more you recover.

But, if you don’t alert each other, you may not hit your teammate.

screenshot

And occasionally, it may cause an opponent to recover damage instead.

There ya go.
Edit: Beaten is the reason I mostly lurk.

Chumly

Even if its kind of meh at least its something completely new. And we got the "team mode" out of the way with. I guess next we will have confirmation of stock and time.....

teddyboi

Banned
What's with the ugly ass screens recently. (Like, since November). I remember everything looking crisp and edible early in the dojo updates. Laziness for site confirmed.

scottnak

sp0rsk said:
Hey guys, that ban is still in effect!!
Hah. Poor kid. Interesting item to say the least. Definitely will be interesting. Generally play team when my friends are over. Cause usually one of us ends up overpowering. Heh.

Good stuff.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
teddyboi said:
What's with the ugly ass screens recently. (Like, since November). I remember everything looking crisp and edible early in the dojo updates. Laziness for site confirmed.

Honestly, I don't see any major difference between older screens and more recent pictures.

Then again, I can't tell if a game is running at 30 or 60 FPS, so maybe I'm just blind.

watership

I don't know how you guys can keep your excitement level up and then suddenly get disappointed by these updates. Dripping every single detail out about a game, then delaying it, then having to stretch out those updates until release.. it's to be expected that they're going to mostly suck.

turk128

This pic is simultaneously bizarre and badass.

item13_071219d-l.jpg

Jiggy

perfectchaos007 said:
Lame update. I mean seriously now. this is just one step above getting nothing. And i have felt like that for over a month. cry moar plz etc.
I think this is sarcasm, but just in case... The last four days were good stuff.

ohamsie

Papercuts said:
DK is on the Red Team, but they make his tie blue?

I was boggling at that too. It is difficult to make out the red in his fur too.

Guess it's a good think no one likes to play Donkey Kong much. :lol

Sagitario

I'm late for the Metroid stage update but I don't care... I'm freaking happy that Sakuraba included the Prime universe in some form :D ...

Hopefully there will be more Metroid surprises... :D

Farore said:
I'm late for the Metroid stage update but I don't care... I'm freaking happy that Sakuraba included the Prime universe in some form :D ...
The music composer?
I'm just nitpicking. I know you mean Sakurai, I'm just a jerk.

I like the update. But I can't even tell why. Maybe it's the name: "Team Healer".

"Team Healer"... "Team Healer"... "Teeeeeeeam Heeeeeeeealer". Notice how strange that sounds?

I expected this to heal the whole team, though it should be more funnier the way it acts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom